New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 61 of 235 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sirs Dieseldude and bennisiozo,
    Maybe valve clearance adjustment is the first one that i will go for, its been 40,000kms since last adjustment, by the way sirs the engine ran 280,000 already but rebuilt at 210,000, liners pistons and rings, bearings,valves and guides and injector nozzles.All are oem parts exept for the pistons. If valve clearance adjustment is not the solution, i will have the injection timing checked, then test compression. I just hope it is the solution, or its the inevitable engine overhaul.
    thanks guys! Big Help!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan_D21 View Post
    Sirs Dieseldude and bennisiozo,
    Maybe valve clearance adjustment is the first one that i will go for, its been 40,000kms since last adjustment, by the way sirs the engine ran 280,000 already but rebuilt at 210,000, liners pistons and rings, bearings,valves and guides and injector nozzles.All are oem parts exept for the pistons. If valve clearance adjustment is not the solution, i will have the injection timing checked, then test compression. I just hope it is the solution, or its the inevitable engine overhaul.
    thanks guys! Big Help!
    You're welcome.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    may known issue ba ang CRDI? I know kc na a lot of issues are coupled with toyota's D4D but what about with the CRDI particularly to Hyundai's and Kia's?

thanks

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggery2ky2k View Post
    may known issue ba ang CRDI? I know kc na a lot of issues are coupled with toyota's D4D but what about with the CRDI particularly to Hyundai's and Kia's?

thanks
    Toyota D4Ds use the Denso common rail system.

Hyundais sold here all use Bosch CRDI (common rail direct injection) systems, and they're good. Kias use Bosch or Delphi, and both are good systems.

Failures we've seen are mostly due to water intrusion, and use of non-original fuel filters. We've also seen failures due to improper work performed by unqualified service mechanics.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    hello dieseldude..tatanong ko lang ulet kung paano yung pagdrain ng water sa fuel filter na sinasabi mo doon sa last kong inquiry? kailangan ko ba tanggalin yung fuel filter? tsaka paano nga pala malalaman kung may water sa fuel filter?

tsaka tanong ko na rin kung twing kailan ba kailangang ipacalibrate yung injection pump?

TIA....

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    thanks Bro ... I think the only way to prevent all of those issues with the Santa Fe is to ensure that services will be done by Hyundai Mechanic ... I saw the engine and I think it will be very difficult for an untrained person to modify and do some work on the engine as spaces are not enough ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Toyota D4Ds use the Denso common rail system.

Hyundais sold here all use Bosch CRDI (common rail direct injection) systems, and they're good. Kias use Bosch or Delphi, and both are good systems.

Failures we've seen are mostly due to water intrusion, and use of non-original fuel filters. We've also seen failures due to improper work performed by unqualified service mechanics.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    sir dieseldude,
    is using high flow filter like the K&N brand much better than the OEM parts?
    OEM parts will always assure you of ample air flow at full load and speed as this is designed for its specific engine application. K&N may be a good filter, but it has many part numbers with varying air flow capacities. The K&N dealer should be able to recommend to correct replacement filter to assure you of sufficient air flow at full speed.

setting cost aside, this will have better intake flow than the OE parts but filtration is less superior then the original one?? Better air flow is good. But insufficient filtration is not ok......

what's your take on this as i am thinking of getting a high flow air cleaner.. thanks and more power... The original air filter is engineered and designed to match it's original engine application....... and is often cheaper than K&N.

So this is now up to you.
    Hi Dieseldude,

I posted a similar question doon sa stock air filter vs simota/k&n filter thread. I own a D4D Innova. On filtration efficiency, I raised the question if a K&N type (replacement is available for Innova according to Speedlab site) is comparable to the stock. Would you have any idea on this?
    On the cost comparison, wouldn't it be more economically beneficial to use the K&N considering it is a washable type and therefore can be used for a very long time? Stock filter costs around P3K for the innova and the replacement K&N, P5K. In two filter changes (at 20K km per change) the cost is recoverable already.

Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hello dieseldude..tatanong ko lang ulet kung paano yung pagdrain ng water sa fuel filter na sinasabi mo doon sa last kong inquiry? Meroon drain plug sa ilalim ng filter assembly. Luwagan mo ito, then collect the drained fuel para makita mo kung meron tubig. Kung walang lumabas, luwagan mo ang breather plug sa taas ng filter para makasingaw ang vacuum. After draining, operate the manual pump to bleed air.

kailangan ko ba tanggalin yung fuel filter? Depende yan sa location ng filter. Minsan tinatanggal namin ito kung gipit ang pwesto. Madali lang naman alisin ito.

tsaka paano nga pala malalaman kung may water sa fuel filter? Makikita mo and tubig kung kukuha ka ng sample ng drained fuel. Maglagay ka ng malinis a baso sa ilalim ng filter habang dini-drain mo. Makikita mo na nasa ilalim ang tubig. Hindi ito hahalo sa diesel fuel dahil mas mabigat ang unit weight ng tubig.

tsaka tanong ko na rin kung twing kailan ba kailangang ipacalibrate yung injection pump? Pag masama na ang andar.... Or during engine overhaul.

TIA.... You're welcome...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    thanks Bro ... I think the only way to prevent all of those issues with the Santa Fe is to ensure that services will be done by Hyundai Mechanic ... Correct if the car is still under warranty. There are also good workshops outside the Hyundai service dealership....

I saw the engine and I think it will be very difficult for an untrained person to modify Be careful on modifications. You can lose your Hyundai warranty...

and do some work on the engine as spaces are not enough ...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi Dieseldude,

I posted a similar question doon sa stock air filter vs simota/k&n filter thread. I own a D4D Innova. On filtration efficiency, I raised the question if a K&N type (replacement is available for Innova according to Speedlab site) is comparable to the stock. Would you have any idea on this? No idea. I don't have the air flow specs of both Toyota and K&N. In the absence of specs, you can't go wrong on original.

On the cost comparison, wouldn't it be more economically beneficial to use the K&N considering it is a washable type and therefore can be used for a very long time? Stock filter costs around P3K for the innova and the replacement K&N, P5K. In two filter changes (at 20K km per change) the cost is recoverable already. If the K&N air flow specs match or exceed Toyota's, and if your cost comparison is correct, K&N would be a good alternative....

Thanks..... You're welcome...

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk