New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 58 of 235 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thank you very much Dieseldude really appreciate your input.

Just like to clarify something.
    I have received FIP technical report from the casa and here are the following information.

Subject: Abnormal wear on Cam rollers and cam disk
    Failed unit name: Distributor injection pump
    Failure details:
    1. Abnormal wear of the roller assembly.
    2. Burnt/Discoloration of the cam disk surface.

Investigation result:
    Worn out roller assemblies and scratches of the cam disk.
    Burnt/discoloration/wear of the roller assembly and cam disk surface may be caused by contaminated diesel fuel.
    Conclusion:
    All moving parts are lubricated by diesel oil.
    Comment: Replacement of the rollers and cam disk necessary.

My questions are the following:
    1) What are the function and use of the roller assembly and cam disk?
    2) What can be the cause of the abnormal wear of the roller assembly? Can this be caused by the water contamination?
    3) They say there are scratches, is there a possibility that there are solid contaminants that is not caught by the fuel filter, hence a failure in the fuel filter?
    4) What can be the cause of the burnt/discoloration of the cam disk? Why is this unusual?
    5) Can you explain further on the conclusion where all moving parts are lubricated by diesel oil? Is this unusual?

Thank you very much again on your help on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Hello Dieseldude,

Newbie here. I have purchased Isuzu Crosswind XL 2008 April last year and 30k pa lang ang mileage. Recent na nangyari is ayaw mag-start and have it towed to service center. Ang findings nila is that I have a damaged injection pump and was caused by contaminated diesel fuel. Solid contaminants will be arrested by the fuel filter. But even an original fuel filter cannot prevent water from getting into the injection system.

I follow regularly their maintenance check (hoping that they use original oil, air and fuel filters and lubricants kasi sa casa ko pinagagawa yun.)

My questions are as follows:
    1. Possible ba na ma-damage agad yung injection pump? This is quite remote. But, water in fuel will definitely damage an injection pump fast.
    2. Tama ba na hindi covered ng warranty yung replacement and labor ng injection pump for the warranty is 100k or 3 years whichever comes first? Tama ito, because the injection pump is designed to operate with clean diesel fuel. It is not the casa's fault that water has entered the injection pump.

Also, noticed dun sa sasakyan is that unusual yung vibration. After PM smooth sya then after a few days bumabalik yung vibration. Don't know about this..... vague.

Hope you can provide me answers on this. You can try these:

1. Go to Isuzu casa and request them to prove and show you the contamination as they have seen it.
    2. The Crosswind's fuel filter functions as a water separator as well. It has a sensor which should indicate on your dashboard if water is detected in the filter. This is your system's first line of defense against water, as it gives you the chance to drain water from the filter before it gets to the injection pump. Isuzu casa should prove to you that the "WIF" (Water in fuel) sensor and indicator system is fuctioning.
    3. If casa is not able to prove water contamination, or if the "WIF" system is not working, you may have a fighting chance. They should repair fuel injection system free of charge.

Thank you very much and more power to you dieseldude and to the tsikot community. You're welcome....... good luck!!!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thank you very much Dieseldude really appreciate your input.

Just like to clarify something.
    I have received FIP technical report from the casa and here are the following information.

Subject: Abnormal wear on Cam rollers and cam disk
    Failed unit name: Distributor injection pump
    Failure details:
    1. Abnormal wear of the roller assembly.
    2. Burnt/Discoloration of the cam disk surface.

Investigation result:
    Worn out roller assemblies and scratches of the cam disk.
    Burnt/discoloration/wear of the roller assembly and cam disk surface may be caused by contaminated diesel fuel.
    Conclusion:
    All moving parts are lubricated by diesel oil. Yes..
    Comment: Replacement of the rollers and cam disk necessary.

My questions are the following:
    1) What are the function and use of the roller assembly and cam disk? The roller assembly rides on the cam disk. These work together to rotate and stroke the plunger for injection.
    2) What can be the cause of the abnormal wear of the roller assembly? Can this be caused by the water contamination? Yes.
    3) They say there are scratches, is there a possibility that there are solid contaminants that is not caught by the fuel filter, hence a failure in the fuel filter? Very remote.
    4) What can be the cause of the burnt/discoloration of the cam disk? Why is this unusual? Poor fuel lubricity, and/or water. You might have to evaluate your fuel source...
    5) Can you explain further on the conclusion where all moving parts are lubricated by diesel oil? Is this unusual? No. By design, this specific pump type uses diesel fuel to cool and lubricate the internals.

Thank you very much again on your help on this. You're welcome.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hello diesel dude,

mine is an XT 05 model...hindi naman po tubig ang naisalin kundi gasolina ng aanga-anga na gasoline girl sa Petro Sto. Tomas Batangas...ako pa ang nakakita but too late nakapagsalin na ng 2.5 liters, medyo buwenas pa din at naturn-off ko engine before filling...so here is what we did..

1. Drain ang diesel tank...
    2. Remove hose from fuel pump and filter and manual bleed.(Ang bilis pumanik ng gasoline andun na agad sa mga hoses..
    3. Remove the supply hose to fuel injection then bleed ulit until the gasoline smell and color was gone.

after ng matagal na bleeding..start and one click naman po. Tama ang ginawa nyo.

Question...ano po mangyari kapag napasok ng gasoline ang fuel injection? masisira po ba? Hindi naman masisira agad ang fuel injection kung minsan lang ito mangyari. Matibay ang construction ng injection pump. Masisira ito kung madalas ginagawa dahil kulang sa lubricity ang gasolina.

then sabi nung bayaw ko yung mga byaheng jeep sa tanay rizal, hinahaluan daw ng konti gasoline ang diesel para malakas ang hatak at naputok ang muffler kapag hinataw...I dont know if it is true... Hindi ko rin alam yan. Sa palagay ko lang, hindi magtatagal ang engine dahil sa pre-ignition. Masisira din ang injection pump nang maaga.

Lesson learned...hindi na ako ulit mag-pa diesel dun...hindi maganda ang service.. Wag naman. Nagkamali lang ang gasoline girl. Hindi sadya iyon. Siguradong hindi na nya uulitin yun dahil nakita nya kung gaano kahirap mag drain. Malamang, pinagalitan pa sha ng manager nya...

thanks... Welcome..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear Dieseldude:

Hi Jake! Its Dusky Lim.

Sir, I have a friend with a 2003 Isuzu Trooper with an unusual problem.

Lately after a trip to the province, the engine stopped with a fuel warning light on. After checking the separator, they found some water mixed in with the fuel. They drained the water and had the tank checked. There was some water in the tank so they drained the tank too and refilled with fresh diesel fuel.

After cleaning and purging the fuel line, everything seemed to be ok but after a few kilometers, the fuel warning light came on again and the engine stopped.

While doing other routine checking, the driver found Diesel Fuel in the Radiator! It appears that the somehow the fuel is mixing with the engines water and it's all running back to the tank via the return line from the injectors.

Have you any experience with this sort of problem? Is there a seal in the injectors that connects with the water jacket?

INTECO claims that the cylinder head is cracked and that is the cause of the leak. That may explain diesel in the water but not water in the diesel.

They would appreciate any advice you can give.

Thanks a bunch,

Dusky Lim

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi Dusky,

I have heard of this problem, but haven't had the chance to work on one.

I know somebody though who has lots of experience on this. I'll ask ask him and give you feedback soon.

Bye,

Diseldude

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by duskylim View Post
    Dear Dieseldude:

Hi Jake! Its Dusky Lim.

Sir, I have a friend with a 2003 Isuzu Trooper with an unusual problem.

Lately after a trip to the province, the engine stopped with a fuel warning light on. After checking the separator, they found some water mixed in with the fuel. They drained the water and had the tank checked. There was some water in the tank so they drained the tank too and refilled with fresh diesel fuel.

After cleaning and purging the fuel line, everything seemed to be ok but after a few kilometers, the fuel warning light came on again and the engine stopped.

While doing other routine checking, the driver found Diesel Fuel in the Radiator! It appears that the somehow the fuel is mixing with the engines water and it's all running back to the tank via the return line from the injectors.

Have you any experience with this sort of problem? Is there a seal in the injectors that connects with the water jacket?

INTECO claims that the cylinder head is cracked and that is the cause of the leak. That may explain diesel in the water but not water in the diesel.

They would appreciate any advice you can give.

Thanks a bunch,

Dusky Lim
    hi sir,

i am new to this thread. hope i have something here to help.

the injector of a deisel engine is either threaded to the cylinder head or pressed hold by a clamp also hold by a bolt threaded to the cylinder head. since the injectors are exposed outside the engine, it has an o-ring on its outer housing when inserted to prevent water or dush from entering through the hole where the injectors are threaded. it also seats on a copper washer that serves as a spacer between the injector and the cylinder head.

if the cylinder head has a crack, there is no way the water on the water jacket will enter the injector since there is no physical connection between the fuel system and the cooling system even with a crack water jacket.

the contamination on the radiator that you said a deisel fuel is not a diesel fuel. if the cylinder head is crack, it is posible that the oil from the oil passage int the cylinder head is mixing with the water on the water jackets. be sure to check if the contamination or discoloration on the radiator water is really a diesel fuel.

base on your findings, you only check the fuel water separator. i hope you also replace the fuel water separator and the fuel filter after cleaning and draining the fuel tank.

as for the crack cylinder head, probobly, hte unit has an overheating problem or history before that cause the crack.

hope i helped.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    gud evening po mga kuya's,

may tanong lang po ako,

1.)hindi po ba masisira yung fuel injection kung byabyahe namin na may leak pero pag mainit naman yung makina wala naman ng tumutulo pag start lang po ng umaga yun my leak, yung oring po yata ang my problema ayaw po nila galawin dito sa isabela yung fuel injector kasi daw po electronics baka raw mag iba yung andar ng makina?
    2.) my alam po ba kayo na EFI shop dito sa isabela or sa madadaanan namin papuntang pampanga?

maraming salamat po

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    gud evening po mga kuya's,

may tanong lang po ako,

1.)hindi po ba masisira yung fuel injection kung byabyahe namin na may leak pero pag mainit naman yung makina wala naman ng tumutulo pag start lang po ng umaga yun my leak, yung oring po yata ang my problema ayaw po nila galawin dito sa isabela yung fuel injector kasi daw po electronics baka raw mag iba yung andar ng makina? Tama sila. Baka lalong lumaki ang problem kung wala silang equipment pang test nito.
    2.) my alam po ba kayo na EFI shop dito sa isabela or sa madadaanan namin papuntang pampanga? Sorry, wala akong alam na makakagawa nito sa area mo.

maraming salamat po You're welcome

Ano ba ang make and model ng sasakyan mo?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    LC 70 po, diba masisira lalo yun kung byahe namin dito sa isabela papuntang pampanga? di pa po namin maipapagawa dito kasi wala po yata sila gamit na pang EFI.

thanks po

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    hi sir dieseldude...

tanong ko lang sana kung paano magdrain ng water sa fuel filter...my van has a 1KZ-TE engine, super custom yung galing subic...

tsaka nakakasira ba ng ECU pag may welding job sa body?

TIA...

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk