New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 135 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2348
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hello! I'm a newbie in terms of diesel engines. My car is a pajero with a 4d56 engine tdic, a/t. The car has been running fine for the last 6 months. I recently changed the alternator belt and changed diesel from petron to shell. The problem is that the engine loses power when the air con compressor kicks in. the accelerator feels stiff and stuck until i turn off the aircon. when i turn it off, the acceleration and power returns to normal. This happened for around 10 minutes or so then returned to normal again with the aircon on. I drove the car this morning and it ran fine, flat road or uphill. i was wondering what the problem is. any suggestions? thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chorbz View Post
    Hello! I'm a newbie in terms of diesel engines. My car is a pajero with a 4d56 engine tdic, a/t. The car has been running fine for the last 6 months. I recently changed the alternator belt and changed diesel from petron to shell. The problem is that the engine loses power when the air con compressor kicks in. the accelerator feels stiff and stuck until i turn off the aircon. when i turn it off, the acceleration and power returns to normal. This happened for around 10 minutes or so then returned to normal again with the aircon on. I drove the car this morning and it ran fine, flat road or uphill. i was wondering what the problem is. any suggestions? thanks in advance.
    have you checked at baka sobrang higpit ng belt?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    The car ran fine after the belt was changed with a/c on. tension is ok as well. It just happened as i went up the tandang sora flyover.turned off a/c and everything went back to normal. turned a/c again then it happened. it occurred around 3 normal cycles of a/c turning on/off before returning to normal. does a 1992 pajero have an idle up? was thinking of the following:

1. bad fuel
    2. fuel restriction
    3. clogged/dirty fuel filter
    4. timing/may tumalon na cog?
    5. idle-up (kung meron)
    6. kickdown cable?

i'm running out of ideas and trying not to overcomplicate the matter because it could just be as simple as a cable binding. one remarkable thing is that no matter how you press the pedal, the speed is constantly slow and weak. i hope it's not the turbo acting up

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chorbz View Post
    The car ran fine after the belt was changed with a/c on. tension is ok as well. It just happened as i went up the tandang sora flyover.turned off a/c and everything went back to normal. turned a/c again then it happened. it occurred around 3 normal cycles of a/c turning on/off before returning to normal. does a 1992 pajero have an idle up? was thinking of the following:

1. bad fuel
    2. fuel restriction
    3. clogged/dirty fuel filter
    4. timing/may tumalon na cog?
    5. idle-up (kung meron)
    6. kickdown cable?

i'm running out of ideas and trying not to overcomplicate the matter because it could just be as simple as a cable binding. one remarkable thing is that no matter how you press the pedal, the speed is constantly slow and weak. i hope it's not the turbo acting up
    You posted six possibilities. Have you checked these?

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sir DieselDude,

My ride is innova 06 d4d model E, once my aircon is ON my idle is a little bit shaky when my engine already heats up and when i'm changing gears for the first acceleration it rattles then the rattling is gone when my rpm is above 1T rpm...need advice to remove the rattling tnx

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    Wow, this thread is sooo cool and informative!!! Great work here Boss DD!

While I am on the process of back tracking, I'll post a question:

I currently have a pickup with the 4JB1 Engine, in the "far" future (got it brand new, 3000kms pa lang) can I:

1. Change the engine to a Turbo variant?
    2. What are the possible engines that I can put in? (Minimal or no modifications)
    3. How hard will it be to find and install the Turbo engine?
    4. Who are the "recommended" shops?
    5. The last question will be... COST. (^_^)

Thanks in advance and more power!!!

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Good day Dieseldude and I appreciate your kindness in accommodating all questions/problems.

I would just like to ask if replacement of injection nozzles always entails fuel pump calibration? I had my injection nozzles replaced and calibrated but since the mechanic said that the fuel pump doesn't seem to have any leak or something so he advised against tampering/calibration of fuel pump. Is this okay?

Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by braveheart_php View Post
    Sir DieselDude,

My ride is innova 06 d4d model E, once my aircon is ON my idle is a little bit shaky when my engine already heats up and when i'm changing gears for the first acceleration it rattles then the rattling is gone when my rpm is above 1T rpm...need advice to remove the rattling tnx
    This is quite difficult as I have no chance to see your car. Problem may be as simple as a deteriorated engine support/s, plus some loose exhaust pipe hangers.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Wow, this thread is sooo cool and informative!!! Great work here Boss DD!

While I am on the process of back tracking, I'll post a question:

I currently have a pickup with the 4JB1 Engine, in the "far" future (got it brand new, 3000kms pa lang) can I:

1. Change the engine to a Turbo variant? Yes, if you are willing to spend.
    2. What are the possible engines that I can put in? (Minimal or no modifications) This is up to you.
    3. How hard will it be to find and install the Turbo engine? Go to Banawe and ask around.
    4. Who are the "recommended" shops? I can't suggest any at the moment.
    5. The last question will be... COST. (^_^) Only you can answer this after you've done the necessary homework.

Thanks in advance and more power!!! You're welcome....

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Good day Dieseldude and I appreciate your kindness in accommodating all questions/problems.

I would just like to ask if replacement of injection nozzles always entails fuel pump calibration? No, not necessarily.

I had my injection nozzles replaced and calibrated but since the mechanic said that the fuel pump doesn't seem to have any leak or something so he advised against tampering/calibration of fuel pump. Is this okay? Yes this is fine. Your mechanic was trying to help you. Are you happy with your car's present performance?

Thanks! You're welcome!!!!!

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk