New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 52 of 235 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hindi authorized diesel workshop ang nag repair ng diesel injection system mo kaya pabalik-balik ka. Sorry about this, pero yan ang totoo. Malamang, walang calibration specs yung gumawa ng system mo. Complete sa test specs ang mga authorized workshops kaya walang guesswork ang trabaho.

Sugggestion ko ay:

1. check/correct injection timing, replace air and fuel filters.
    2. Kung hindi mag-improve, pa-repair mo ulit ang injection pump and injectors sa authorized diesel workshop; pero doble gastos ka na nyan.
    Last edited by Dieseldude; April 30th, 2009 at 02:30 AM. Reason: IMPROVE

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    tol...may alam ka ba na authorized diesel workshop na malapit sa marikina..?
    TIA...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    tol...may alam ka ba na authorized diesel workshop na malapit sa marikina..?
    TIA...
    None in Marikina. Listed below are authorized Bosch/Zexel workshops in Metro Manila:

1. Central Diesel, Quezon Ave. Quezon City Tel: 411-3711 to 13
    2. Betan, Makati, see yellow pages
    3. Malabon Diesel, Dagat-Dagatan Navotas. see yellow pages

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Hindi authorized diesel workshop ang nag repair ng diesel injection system mo kaya pabalik-balik ka. Sorry about this, pero yan ang totoo. Malamang, walang calibration specs yung gumawa ng system mo. Complete sa test specs ang mga authorized workshops kaya walang guesswork ang trabaho.

Sugggestion ko ay:

2. Kung hindi mag-improve, pa-repair mo ulit ang injection pump and injectors sa authorized diesel workshop; pero doble gastos ka na nyan.
    sir, followed your advice

went to a zexel calibration center

binaba ulit, and was calibrated according to my injection pump and td27 engine specs

after calibration, assembled then refitted back

Yung unang test run, ayaw mag 2nd gear.

They manually adjusted the potentiometer ( ung electrical component on top of my engine pump)

Then ok, nag shift na and it ran smoothly including the shifting, almost perfect i would say. When reaching the 60 kph - turbo all the way na. Tried the Sumulong hiway uproad - no problem unlike before

THen the following morning, i tested my terrano again, To my amazement, it would not shift to 2nd gear again. I have to go to the engine bay area and manually rev the engine to around 2,500 - 3,000 rpm. Then i go back to the driver's seat, drive the terrano and ok na yung shifting

Problem is, when i switch off the terrano and park the it, when i come back to drive the car again, it wouldnt shift until i repeat what i did, that is revving the terrano manually then going back to the drivers seat then run the terrano, and thats the time the terrano will run and all transmision engaged properly

Mali po ba setting ng Potentiometer nito? Or ano kaya possble problems sir?

I will come back tomorrow to have it done again. Hopefully the problem will be solved.

This is the first tie i encounter this kind of problem with my Terrano.

Thanks for previous reply and reccomendations.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Sugggestion ko ay:

binaba ulit, and was calibrated according to my injection pump and td27 engine specs

They manually adjusted the potentiometer ( ung electrical component on top of my engine pump)

Then ok, nag shift na and it ran smoothly including the shifting, almost perfect i would say. When reaching the 60 kph - turbo all the way na. Tried the Sumulong hiway uproad - no problem unlike before

THen the following morning, i tested my terrano again, To my amazement, it would not shift to 2nd gear again. I have to go to the engine bay area and manually rev the engine to around 2,500 - 3,000 rpm. Then i go back to the driver's seat, drive the terrano and ok na yung shifting

Problem is, when i switch off the terrano and park the it, when i come back to drive the car again, it wouldnt shift until i repeat what i did, that is revving the terrano manually then going back to the drivers seat then run the terrano, and thats the time the terrano will run and all transmision engaged properly

I will come back tomorrow to have it done again. Hopefully the problem will be solved.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Sugggestion ko ay:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    The potentiometer on top of the pump may have a poor contact to the harness, or the potentiometer could be malfunctioning.

Ask them to recheck this as this controls transmission shifting.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The potentiometer on top of the pump may have a poor contact to the harness, or the potentiometer could be malfunctioning.

Ask them to recheck this as this controls transmission shifting.

Hi Dieseldude,

Are all diesel AT cars equip with this kind of potentioneter or it also depends on the injection pump model?

Thanks

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I have a 1998 Mazda B2500 that has clocked more than 211,000 kms already.

My first question is before I had my 210k+ PMS, I started to hear a kinda weird and loud rattling/clunking like sound in the engine bay. At first I thought it was the flexible so I went to the shop where I had it replaced with a brand new one. They said that my flexible is still good and no signs of wear and tear and they think the sound is coming from the engine. When I brought it to my trusted shop for PMS, I told it my trusted mechanic and he said that by the sound, it needs calibration. I just don't remember the part that he said that needs to be calibrated, but it sounds like "injection" something. He also added that the car will not stall but the longer it takes, the louder it would become. More 1k+ kms after, it's still there and yah, I think it's getting louder but the duration of the sound is the same, I guess.

That sound appears 10 to 15 seconds every time I start the car, most especially when turning the aircon on and after that, I will not hear until the next start up. The sound is like a worn out or about to wear out flexible. There are times that it wouldn't make that sound.

For my second query, at the bottom of the passenger side, I noticed that something is leaking since it is making this circle wet marking. At first I thought it was just water dripping from the bed but it left a stain and everyday that same parking spot, it has wet marking. I tried to smell it and it's has a mild gas smell. From the naked eye, I didn't see any leaks.

The third inquiry is at an uphill, I could feel that it is somewhat having a hard time going up. I don't know if I am just used to the common rail engine but really, I have to rev up to more than 3000 rpm just for it to go up.

On flat roads, once it gets its momentum, I don't have any problems with it. The only thing is once it gets to 80 kph, it takes a very long time to get to 100 kph and even longer time to get to 120 kph and once it reaches 120 kph, that's it, it couldn't go any faster.

I have just replaced my fuel filter with an original one from Ford about 5,000+ kms ago and it has pump. Air filter, I haven't replaced it since but a lot of mechanics told me that it's still good and it doesn't need replacement yet.

I just wanna know what's your stand on my questions especially on the 1st and 2nd questions. Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by batosai View Post
    Hi Dieseldude,

Are all diesel AT cars equip with this kind of potentioneter or it also depends on the injection pump model?

Thanks
    Not all A/T diesels have this potentiometer.

When installed, it is often used either for A/T shift control, or EGR control.

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk