New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ako, i follow the 5km intervals to avoid this sludge build ups and alaga na din makina.,and the manual also says it, awa ng panginoon ng mga sasakyan, ala pang sludge 3zzfe ko, kaka valve adjustment lang nung 80k km and malinis pa naman (87k currently)... balik ako sa redline 10w30 this 90k km, mas ok takbo ng zz ko sa oil na yun kesa sa toyota syn oil.

hindi ba isang sign na hindi nag ssludge ang engine is sobrang itim ng langis habang nag chachange oil(i mean alaga sa change oil yung makina, hindi nag papa long intervals)? because the oil is really getting dirty and slimy cleaning the internals of the engine itself? tama po ba?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    at 80000 km of mileage in our 2nz-fe 1.3 variant of vios. so far no sludge formation, BUT very noticeable varnishing. i'll open up the valve cover at 85 to assess further varnishing.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    ako, i follow the 5km intervals to avoid this sludge build ups and alaga na din makina.,and the manual also says it, awa ng panginoon ng mga sasakyan, ala pang sludge 3zzfe ko, kaka valve adjustment lang nung 80k km and malinis pa naman (87k currently)... balik ako sa redline 10w30 this 90k km, mas ok takbo ng zz ko sa oil na yun kesa sa toyota syn oil.

hindi ba isang sign na hindi nag ssludge ang engine is sobrang itim ng langis habang nag chachange oil(i mean alaga sa change oil yung makina, hindi nag papa long intervals)? because the oil is really getting dirty and slimy cleaning the internals of the engine itself? tama po ba?
    Sign kagaya ng binuksan makina noong 80 km kung may nakita ka na parang tutong na maitim ibig sabihin nasusunog iyong langis at tumitigas kumakapit sa valve cover at camshaft at ibig sabihin hindi na maganda ang lubrication ng langis kaya hindi maganda sa makina.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Sign kagaya ng binuksan makina noong 80 km kung may nakita ka na parang tutong na maitim ibig sabihin nasusunog iyong langis at tumitigas kumakapit sa valve cover at camshaft at ibig sabihin hindi na maganda ang lubrication ng langis kaya hindi maganda sa makina.

hehe bute na lang wala pang ganun nung binuksan nung 80k km ang 3zzfe ko

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    * niky, yes the engine still runs perfect. I think kung parati sa traffic naka babad yung car is most likely magka develop ng sludge.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Roughly 8xx kms covered for every 3 months. Mostly city driving. 95% city + 5% highway (Skyway, SLEX, EDSA, C5). City speed is 40 kph max, avg 30 kph. Typical city traffic (avg. 1X mins standby) but not monster traffic jam (x hrs. standby).
    You're probably safe with just removing the oil filter every 3 months to check for build-up.

Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    * niky, yes the engine still runs perfect. I think kung parati sa traffic naka babad yung car is most likely magka develop ng sludge.
    Yup. That's the official explanation for the US problem. The long-change interval doesn't take into account how long you're sitting in traffic.

I wonder if manufacturers should start installing rev counters and hour counters on the ECU... once you pass a certain number of operating hours and/or revs, you have to change the oil, no matter how many kilometers you've covered.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hmmm... baka yun ang reason kung bakit palaging nakalagay ang "flush" sa pms ng toyota manila bay kahit first 5k lang

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I have no worry about sludge build up. Never used those fancy branded engine oil on any of my rides, and the internals are looking like they are always new. Also I don't own any Toyota.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I had my oil changed at Caltex today. They now sell "Flushing Oil". They empty your oil pan and air hose out all the old oil. Then they put about 3-4 liters of clear colored flushing oil in your car which you have to run on idle for 10 min. When they opened my oil pan, black oil came out. P160 per liter. Its a new product according to them. I heard about the sludge problems for my 5S-FE engine but i never knew the problem was Toyota wide. Thats why i tried the flushing oil. In the net they say Toyota did something to the engine to make it more fuel efficient - the sludge was the side effect. I guess its not really fuel efficient after all as you have to keep on buying oil at regular intervals.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Kasama din po ba dito yung Engine ng 2004 Rav4?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Black Sludge and Toyota/Lexus