New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    I used vic oil filter before and i check the dipstick it is within the maximum level while in the asakashi it goes beyong the maximum. I also test the js asakashi filter by putting oil on it the have it positioned horizontally and the oil comes out the adbv. While in my old isuzu filter the oil doesn't come out. This is just for your reference with regards said brand. I haven't tested the vic filter coz it was immediately thrown away.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    I purchased the filter in lazada under f2 auto parts

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am wondering,
    if the oil filter draining issue is a significant one,
    why don't car manufacturers design engines with oil filters mounted vertically, with the thread up?
    that should solve dry-filter syndrome.
    Good question. There are a lot vehicles that employs that design. Most Hondas do that.

But if I were to take a stab at as to why not all engines are like that, I guess it all comes down to engineering, design and cost, among others.

When manufacturing at scale, component placement and orientation has a price tag attached to it. It's not uncommon for the bean counters during an engine's R&D to veto the engineers' wishes and put this and that part a certain way so it will cost less to make. So, it's not hard to imagine that they'd sooner orient an oil filter upside down or sideways because doing it the right way will require a bit more plumbing (read: expense). Whereas using a filter with just a little ol' silicone ADBV would cost much, much less.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Good question. There are a lot vehicles that employs that design. Most Hondas do that.

But if I were to take a stab at as to why not all engines are like that, I guess it all comes down to engineering, design and cost, among others.

When manufacturing at scale, component placement and orientation has a price tag attached to it. It's not uncommon for the bean counters during an engine's R&D to veto the engineers' wishes and put this and that part a certain way so it will cost less to make. So, it's not hard to imagine that they'd sooner orient an oil filter upside down or sideways because doing it the right way will require a bit more plumbing (read: expense). Whereas using a filter with just a little ol' silicone ADBV would cost much, much less.
    ah yess...
    there was this manufacturer that vetoed putting front stabilizers on its car.
    as a result, "the car wallowed like a pig when cornering", which, they felt, contributed to poor sales.
    they attempted to remedy it, but by then, the car was dead in the sales charts because of other issues.

OT.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 9th, 2021 at 08:39 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    basta ako baldwin the best I have brand loyalty basta na impress ako sa product so Amaron for batteries and Baldwin for oil filters hehe

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    basta ako baldwin the best I have brand loyalty basta na impress ako sa product so Amaron for batteries and Baldwin for oil filters hehe
    i guess the question of the layman is,
    "how do i know the oil is a good oil?"

7. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by waldnerdoe View Post
    I had an experienced with js asakashi c-0076 installed on my mux 2017 2.5 mt 4jk1-tc. The anti drain back valve (ADBV) did not work, the oil in the filter will go back to the sump after resting for 8 hours. The oil filter is horizontally installed in the engine. For your info mga bossing.
    There is a possibility thay you may have encountered a defective filter if that's the case. Since one of the official distributors of VIC filters is already carrying JS Asakashi filters as well. So I doubt that one defective filter damages the whole brand besides JS Asakashi filter is also sold in Australia, Russia, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Brunei and etc... if they are a bad quality filter then other countries will not buy their product. If one the offical VIC filter distributor is shifting on selling JS Asakashi filters then that signals something about VIC filters. Do you have any proof of testing about what your saying is true? It's hard to believe in just hearsays of a new member without testing evidences, proper facts and examinations. Do you have any proof of testing about what your saying is true? It's hard to believe in just hearsays of a new member without testing evidences, proper facts and examinations.

There is a video online showing a testing of Dai-wa, VIC and JS Asakashi oil filters.

Dai-wa, VIC & JS Asakashi oil filter pressure test 2020 - YouTube

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    By the way guys I found videos of air filters on Youtube, they tested the filtration capabilities of K&N, BMG, WIX, Purolator and etc... and the myths of K&N, BMG and other washable filters have been finally debunked. Here are the testing videos about O.E. vs. washable performance filters.

The tests shows that bigger micron flour, sand and iron dusts can pass through more on the washable performance filters with the oil applied on them than standard O.E. type filters. What more for the smaller sized particles like fine particles from electric powerplants, factories, cement dusts, brake dusts and etc... it will wear the engine faster than its normal life.

1st video by Project Farm
    Which Car Air Filter is Best? Let's find out! Fram, K&N, Wix, Purolator, & AC Delco showdown - YouTube

2nd video by bhvrdr
    Do performance air filters like BMC, K&N, Sprint let more sand and dust than OEM and is it worth it? - YouTube

9. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by waldnerdoe View Post
    I had an experienced with js asakashi c-0076 installed on my mux 2017 2.5 mt 4jk1-tc. The anti drain back valve (ADBV) did not work, the oil in the filter will go back to the sump after resting for 8 hours. The oil filter is horizontally installed in the engine. For your info mga bossing.
    I'm also curious on what kind of measures did you determine that the oil filter ADBV is leaking, did you hold it horizontally, vertically & etc...?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    I'm also curious on what kind of measures did you determine that the oil filter ADBV is leaking, did you hold it horizontally, vertically & etc...?
    Watch this oil filter anti drain back valve - YouTube oil filter anti drain back valve - YouTube

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast