New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    ganito pagkakaintindi ko about octanes... The amount of octane in your fuel determines how far the mixture can be compressed before it pre-detonates. Higher the amount of octane the lesser is the risk of pre-detonation due to compression. And that's about it. Higher octane by itself has nothing to do with more energy or more power or better gas mileage.

so it means that if your car uses a higher octane fuel, the pre-detonation is lesser. so it means, walang carbon residues. dahil ang carbon is a by-product of unburned fuel due to pre-detonation.

to conclude: if you are maintaining and using a higher octane fuel, your engine will be cleaner, although not directly, because of lesser pre-detonation. and that's about it. yung carbon residues naman can be cleaned by doing italian tune-ups once in a while or via the cleaners na meron sa lahat ng fuel.

if your car runs on 93 RON, then its fine and leave it the way it is. if it rattles , its a sign of pre-detonation, which tells you to use a higher octane fuel.
    sir what do you mean italian tune ups?

Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Niky: Thanks again for the info.

M2 & s_quilicot: I experienced chocking for a very short period lang when I engaged reverse (AT vehicle) backing up from our garage. But one thing's for sure, I really feel that my Altis became sluggish running on 93ron. It was way better running on xcs but I want to try Vpower next time. If it yields better FC, I'll stick with it.
    sir eversince V-power po kami sa altis(1.8) nag try lang twice sa blaze but poor performance abd caltex silver ( nung no choice kami sa province) ..
    IMO v-power is still the best .. sluggish pag 93 ron ang andar .. and besides konti lang naman difference ng 93 ron sa 95 ron fuels ..

Quote Originally Posted by glenngj View Post
    gaganda lang siguro yung hatak at kung carb type yung auto mo di agad magbabara yung carb mo, so no need to use carb cleaner..
    sir 1zzfe po .. no carb na po .. BTW, ok ba gumamit ng fuel injector cleaner? peace ..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Saan ba located ang fuse ng ECU ng altis if Its okay to ask. Wala na manual ko eh.

Thanks Youngrider and s_quilicot

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Usually meron fuse layout guide dyan sa cover ng fusebox, doon sa loob na side. Ingat sa pagtanggal ng cover baka maputol locks nya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sige I'll check it out. Meron kasing fuse box sa engine bay and AFAIK meron din under the dash.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    And pls dont say thanks, Just send the cash

Jokes lang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by youngrider View Post
    And pls dont say thanks, Just send the cash

Jokes lang.
    OT: Haha...jokes are half meant. You are now 500tcash richer...I don't use it anyway. Matagal pa naman ulit ang boxing.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    *Djerms,

LOL ... Happy Birthday

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Shifted from 93 ron (shell unleaded) to 95 ron (v-power). Got better fuel mileage! (before I used to have 12km/L on highway driving, now Im back to 14km/L ). Better acceleration and performance!

My ride by the way is 3zzfe.

OT. my ride behaves almost the same with shell's premium gas. Is it ok to use this type? Unleaded na rin ba ito? Sino sa inyo ang may catalytic converter who uses shell's premium gas? No problems encountered?

Have emailed Shell on this, no response.. hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
    Shifted from 93 ron (shell unleaded) to 95 ron (v-power). Got better fuel mileage! (before I used to have 12km/L on highway driving, now Im back to 14km/L ). Better acceleration and performance!

My ride by the way is 3zzfe.

OT. my ride behaves almost the same with shell's premium gas. Is it ok to use this type? Unleaded na rin ba ito? Sino sa inyo ang may catalytic converter who uses shell's premium gas? No problems encountered?

Have emailed Shell on this, no response.. hehehehe
    14KM/L? whoa .. kainggit .. ako nasa 8km/L lang .. 1zzfe thoug with K&N open type and bosch super 4 tip .. nasa driving style kaya?

sir howard i think catalytic converter is standard na sa lahat ng automobile since year 2000 ata .. ( not sure sa year) i think ito yung mesh look a-like sa exhaust pipe na made out of platinum metal .. shell premium gas? e10 ba?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    italian tune-ups, you rev your car more than 5000 rpms once in a while.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
From 93 octane back to 95 ron