New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir djerms

based on my expirience on our 1zzfe when i filled a 93 ron (caltex silver) from V-power due unavailable ang V-power sa most provinces he i noticed na may loss of small amount of power and acceleration and mas madiin ang tapak sa gas .. FC has decreased too ..

regarding in choking problem what are the symptoms?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DON2003 View Post
    what is the best fuel for Honda Civic FD?
    imho, it can run on 93 RON. so the regular unleadeds can do well on that.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    yes it can .. pero so may advantages ba pag mantain ka sa 95 ron fuel?

OT: nice avatar and signature ..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    If knocks are not apparent, your engine's computer had adjusted to the gas grade, but don't do it permanently. The ECU won't guarantee 100% success rate. Micro injuries to your engine may accumulate which will eventually surprise you one day.

As a precaution shift to a 'conservative type driver', avoid hard-aggressive driving, very heavy traffic situation, steep climbs, and overloading.

Bigay mo na lang kaya sa kin gas mo para wala ka na problema

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post

ganito pagkakaintindi ko about octanes... The amount of octane in your fuel determines how far the mixture can be compressed before it pre-detonates. Higher the amount of octane the lesser is the risk of pre-detonation due to compression. And that's about it. Higher octane by itself has nothing to do with more energy or more power or better gas mileage.

so it means that if your car uses a higher octane fuel, the pre-detonation is lesser. so it means, walang carbon residues. dahil ang carbon is a by-product of unburned fuel due to pre-detonation.

to conclude: if you are maintaining and using a higher octane fuel, your engine will be cleaner, although not directly, because of lesser pre-detonation. and that's about it. yung carbon residues naman can be cleaned by doing italian tune-ups once in a while or via the cleaners na meron sa lahat ng fuel.

if your car runs on 93 RON, then its fine and leave it the way it is. if it rattles , its a sign of pre-detonation, which tells you to use a higher octane fuel.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Niky: Thanks again for the info.

M2 & s_quilicot: I experienced chocking for a very short period lang when I engaged reverse (AT vehicle) backing up from our garage. But one thing's for sure, I really feel that my Altis became sluggish running on 93ron. It was way better running on xcs but I want to try Vpower next time. If it yields better FC, I'll stick with it.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post

gaganda lang siguro yung hatak at kung carb type yung auto mo di agad magbabara yung carb mo, so no need to use carb cleaner..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    M2 & s_quilicot: I experienced chocking for a very short period lang when I engaged reverse (AT vehicle) backing up from our garage. But one thing's for sure, I really feel that my Altis became sluggish running on 93ron. It was way better running on xcs but I want to try Vpower next time. If it yields better FC, I'll stick with it.
    Sluggish dahil retarded ang timing as a compensating ECU response to prevent pinging.

Dont put a joke in your million buck car. Teasing you car occasionally is
    enough.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by youngrider View Post
    Sluggish dahil retarded ang timing as a compensating ECU response to prevent pinging.
    Instant ba ang adjustment ng ECU once I go back to 95ron? How long before timing goes back to right settings?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Palagay ko, meron ng 'RAM' yang on-board computer ng kotse mo, so it is as good as instantaneous, but the effects maybe delayed a little.

Pwede mo rin tanggalin fuse sa ECU for 10 secs to reset it.

Ang importante is the assurance that you are within specs.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
From 93 octane back to 95 ron