New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    Around 4-5.5k with only one aircon in use for less hours.

Two different installs a year apart, 2x250w around 50k+ and the 4x285w around 75k.
    wow.
    medyo matagal rin ang ROI. 4 - 5 years..?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Yup, around 4-5 years average.

On the topic of Smart Car Battery Chargers, gamit ko yung 7 stage automatic charger. Around 3k yung price before, probably cheaper sa Raon or other sources.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Parang bumababa na price ng mga solar panels ngayon right?

Sent from my SM-J120H using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    Yup, around 4-5 years average.

On the topic of Smart Car Battery Chargers, gamit ko yung 7 stage automatic charger. Around 3k yung price before, probably cheaper sa Raon or other sources.
    on the matter of product quality,
    there was this industry person, being interviewed on the air.
    he said, "go to china, ask them to produce this thing or that, at this lesser cost."
    gagawin nila. kahawig pa ng "reliable product".
    just you do not expect these to work as well as the "more expensive look-alike".

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Parang bumababa na price ng mga solar panels ngayon right?

Sent from my SM-J120H using Tapatalk
    whenever i hear this statement, i always think of CDR-king.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Since I already have a dumb battery charger (which I very rarely use anyway), I went the other route and got a battery analyzer instead.

This is the analysis my 2015 Innova Diesel's battery. It's made by Oriental, type 80D26L (133 mins RC | 68 AH) and it's approaching its 3rd year.

They say that once the State of Health (SOH) goes down to 55-60%, you should consider replacing it. Letting it go below 50% could make for a slow or no-crank condition.

To me, this is less guesswork as I don't have to wait for telltale signs of a dying battery. I just do the analysis every time I'm doing routine maintenance under the hood.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Since I already have a dumb battery charger (which I very rarely use anyway), I went the other route and got a battery analyzer instead.

This is the analysis my 2015 Innova Diesel's battery. It's made by Oriental, type 80D26L (133 mins RC | 68 AH) and it's approaching its 3rd year.

They say that once the State of Health (SOH) goes down to 55-60%, you should consider replacing it. Letting it go below 50% could make for a slow or no-crank condition.

To me, this is less guesswork as I don't have to wait for telltale signs of a dying battery. I just do the analysis every time I'm doing routine maintenance under the hood.
    nice gadget. i guess a must have for a tsikot car enthusiast...

btw, what's the use of that dumb battery charger? is it the one that supposed to extend the battery life?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012

sa datacenters ganyan din ata range before they replace the backup batteries?

FOCUS

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    sa datacenters ganyan din ata range before they replace the backup batteries?
    Funny thing.

I bought that precisely to monitor my UPS batteries. All in all, I have 5 UPSs. I'm using them in my server/network equipment, PC, living room A/V, bedroom A/V, and the secondary network cabinet on the ground floor.

Using it on the car battery was sort of an afterthought.
    Last edited by oj88; May 8th, 2018 at 06:19 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    nice gadget. i guess a must have for a tsikot car enthusiast...

btw, what's the use of that dumb battery charger? is it the one that supposed to extend the battery life?
    It's just something I thought every garage should have. It's an ordinary 6V/12V standard charger made by Creston.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    It's just something I thought every garage should have. It's an ordinary 6V/12V standard charger made by Creston.
    i see and you are right. i realized i should have one too in the garage. and that battery tester too

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast