New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    We had one years ago. Cannot say it saved us any money. Also useless in my opinion.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BullDog514 View Post
    Guys, is this device is fraud? It says that it saves near 30% of your money going on electricity. If it real It is a very amazing device.
    according to a knowledgeable person i talked to, the device works. but only if one is using a certain type of older kuntador.
    won't work daw with the newer kuntadors.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    according to a knowledgeable person i talked to, the device works. but only if one is using a certain type of older kuntador.
    won't work daw with the newer kuntadors.
    Digital kuntadors.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Hmm, this is OT already. Anywho....

Power savers don't work. In fact, it even slightly increases your electric consumption. Every demos I've seen being done to demonstrate their efficacy makes use of an ammeter. The sales person would show how the current decreases as the product is plugged in. The problem is, utility meters used by electric companies measure Power and consequently, Power Consumed (W, W-Hr), not current (Amperes).
    Last edited by oj88; March 30th, 2018 at 01:03 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    P = W x Hr.
    W = V x I .
    P = V x I x Hr.
    I = current.

meron pa ring epekto kung mababawasan ang basa ng current.

also vaguely remember, that the gadget works more noticeably, if the user is heavy into electric motors going on and off.
    aircons, refs, water pumps..
    Last edited by dr. d; March 30th, 2018 at 01:10 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    If you really want to cut down your electric bill specially for daytime use get some solar panels installed.

With 6 solar panels my monthly bill is around 2,200-2,500 a month currently, with 1-2 aircons in use daily. One on from 9am-10pm and 20+ hours on weekends, another from 12nn-4pm. We also dont have any gas stoves, so the stoves add a lot to the use.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    P = W x Hr.
    W = V x I .
    P = V x I x Hr.
    I = current.

meron pa ring epekto kung mababawasan ang basa ng current.

also vaguely remember, that the gadget works more noticeably, if the user is heavy into electric motors going on and off.
    aircons, refs, water pumps..
    That's the formula for DC circuits. VA is just apparent power on AC circuits.

In AC, there's a third component to the Power formula; the power factor.

At absolute best, those "power savers" will only correct the power factor. That's why you see a reduction in current. But the "Real Power" consumption does not change.

See: The real truth behind household power savers (you can skip to the conclusion if you're not keen on reading through the whole article)

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    If you really want to cut down your electric bill specially for daytime use get some solar panels installed.

With 6 solar panels my monthly bill is around 2,200-2,500 a month currently, with 1-2 aircons in use daily. One on from 9am-10pm and 20+ hours on weekends, another from 12nn-4pm. We also dont have any gas stoves, so the stoves add a lot to the use.
    what was your monthly bill, before the solar panels?
    and how much did the solar panels cost?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    That's the formula for DC circuits. VA is just apparent power on AC circuits.

In AC, there's a third component to the Power formula; the power factor.

At absolute best, those "power savers" will only correct the power factor. That's why you see a reduction in current. But the "Real Power" consumption does not change.

See: The real truth behind household power savers (you can skip to the conclusion if you're not keen on reading through the whole article)
    the second conclusion.
    i think that is what the seller is hyping.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    what was your monthly bill, before the solar panels?
    and how much did the solar panels cost?
    Around 4-5.5k with only one aircon in use for less hours.

Two different installs a year apart, 2x250w around 50k+ and the 4x285w around 75k.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast