New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Chances are, even if you have the best power booster that you will forget to bring it. You're better off installing a battery master disconnect
    I'll try that option. For now, I just need to have an extra and portable battery or jump starter.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chances are, even if you have the best power booster that you will forget to bring it. You're better off installing a battery master disconnect
    I'll try that option. For now, I just need to have an extra and portable battery or jump starter.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Like this Black and Decker power booster

imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1428711242.895428.jpg

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Batterya ng cellphone..

Pantawag sa motolite o sa kaibigan mo nearby para magdala ng batterya or sasakyan at pang jump start.

Batterya ng cellphone..

Pantawag sa motolite o sa kaibigan mo nearby para magdala ng batterya or sasakyan at pang jump start.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you really, really want an emergency power source, strong enough for starting, ... just get a brand new 1snf or smaller size battery, but don't put in the battery water just yet. put in the water when you need it. in dry state, such batteries can stay on the shelf for a very long time, with no loss of power. a bit hassle to use, but it does answer all the questions.

i am curious... those commercial jump starters.. how often do they have to be recharged, to keep in top form?

but for practicality, jumper cables! that's the ticket! a number of taxi drivers actually have jumper cables-and-battery-for hire, as sideline.

battery disconnect? if you can remember to use it, then you can remember to turn off your lights.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 11th, 2015 at 09:53 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Batterya ng cellphone..
    Pantawag sa motolite o sa kaibigan mo nearby para magdala ng batterya or sasakyan at pang jump start.[/QUOTE]

i always have this option!
    then one day... it happened..
    and waddayunow... nandoon sa lumang cellphone ko yung number! kapapalit ng cellphone unit... hindi na-transfer!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if you really, really want an emergency power source, strong enough for starting, ... just get a brand new 1snf or smaller size battery, but don't put in the battery water just yet. put in the water when you need it. in dry state, such batteries can stay on the shelf for a very long time, with no loss of power. a bit hassle to use, but it does answer all the questions.

i am curious... those commercial jump starters.. how often do they have to be recharged, to keep in top form?

but for practicality, jumper cables! that's the ticket! a number of taxi drivers actually have jumper cables-and-battery-for hire, as sideline.

battery disconnect? if you can remember to use it, then you can remember to turn off your lights.
    In that case, it is really operator error only the operator can fix

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

In that case, it is really operator error only the operator can fix
    the threadstarter already confessed to it.
    what this thread is all about, is what to do after the battery dies.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
    modified murphy's law:
    anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. and it will be at such conditions as to cause the most damage, inconvenience, or embarassment.

... works every time in my field..
    Last edited by dr. d; April 11th, 2015 at 10:20 AM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hence the prevention of recurrence. A doctor can only try and hope if the patient's body does not respond to medication

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast