New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Hence the prevention of recurrence. A doctor can only try and hope if the patient's body does not respond to medication
    everyone already knows how to prevent recurrence. not everyone knows how to start an engine with a dead battery.

and if my patient's body does not respond to medication, i change the medication. i'm not about to be defeated by a bug that's smaller than my sperm cells..

i laud your passion for pro-activity.. but in this thread, i feel you may be barking up the wrong tree.. but who knows... someone might get ideas from what you planted..
    Last edited by dr. d; April 11th, 2015 at 10:44 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if you really, really want an emergency power source, strong enough for starting, ... just get a brand new 1snf or smaller size battery, but don't put in the battery water just yet. put in the water when you need it. in dry state, such batteries can stay on the shelf for a very long time, with no loss of power. a bit hassle to use, but it does answer all the questions.

i am curious... those commercial jump starters.. how often do they have to be recharged, to keep in top form?

but for practicality, jumper cables! that's the ticket! a number of taxi drivers actually have jumper cables-and-battery-for hire, as sideline.

battery disconnect? if you can remember to use it, then you can remember to turn off your lights.

1snf i think is the best option, seems cheaper than other booster or powerbank for car, per google. Just found my jumper cables and will put it inside the car.

battery disconnect, well, next time, I'll just open the hood and remove the positive cable...

thanks for the suggestions.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by raspi View Post
    Gamit ko Anker powerbank pang jump start. Tested ko na sa Revo 1.8 gas. Meron sa CDR king pero not sure kung same quality.
    Sir is it effective kahit totally drained yung battery? For lady driver sana. Hirap kasi pag mastranded tapos magtatawag ka ng hindi mo kilala. Dami ko din kasing nakikitang binibentang ganito.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i'm not about to be defeated by a bug that's smaller than my sperm cells..

I admire this positive mental attitude. Perhaps you could join the quest to stop Ebola and find the cure.

BTT so you won't forget to turn the battery disconnect, you can opt to put loads other than memory loads through a 30 amp make type relay activated by the ignition switch

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Amazon.com : Bolt Power D28 400 Amp Peak With 13600mAh Portable Car Battery Jump Starter : Car Electronics

i have that on all my cars. it's part of my emergency kit inside the car.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i store this sa kotse ko, its a 11v lipo rc battery capanle of burst up tp 30amp. Can start 2liter engine With a dead battery.

turnigy-lipo-battery-2200mah-3s-25c-lipo-pack-deans-style-connector-135-p.jpg
    Last edited by shibby75; April 11th, 2015 at 01:34 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    if i remember correctly, may post si james deakin that the battery on his escape died on him.

a technician was called and jump started the car by using a gadget same size of a power bank. hehe.

BTT, i'll just bring my jumper cables and ask taxi to jump start my car. pay 50 petot for the service. tapos.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    i store this sa kotse ko, its a 11v lipo rc battery capanle of burst up tp 30amp. Can start 2liter engine With a dead battery.
    Hindi ba mababa ang 30 amps? Most car engines needs around 200 amps to start.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hindi ba mababa ang 30 amps? Most car engines needs around 200 amps to start.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sorry, its 30c, 30x 2500mah, 75amps burst rating. Yes engine cranks slow but it will start.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2014

turnigy-lipo-battery-2200mah-3s-25c-lipo-pack-deans-style-connector-135-p.jpg
    I also have this for my RC planes. But isn't it dangerous to be lugging this around inside your car, which is parked in the extreme heat? Ok lang ba?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast