New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If you will buy jumper cable, please buy the biggest amp possible. I just experienced this lately. I bought a jumper cable a year back and when I checked the information on the bag, it can start engine up to 2.0 liters. Good thing my car who had a dead battery was a 2.0 liter car. The indoor dome light was left on for two weeks leaving a really dead battery.

Unfortunately, the cable wasn't long I couldn't connect the negative of the dead battery to the engine block...so no choice.. neg to neg battery terminal. It worked fine..but as they always say...best to connect neg clamp to the engine block of dead battery.

Anyhow, another tip which also helped me, as I tried to start the dead car, it just kept on clicking..in short, not enough power was coming in to start the car..then I remember someone telling me to rev the good car to give more power...and yes..thats what I did.. rev the car with good battery.after a few seconds, I started the car with dead battery..finally..it starts....

Now, I am not an engineer..nor a electrician... bakit kaya more power was given to the dead car when you rev the engine of the good battery/car?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Now, I am not an engineer..nor a electrician... bakit kaya more power was given to the dead car when you rev the engine of the good battery/car?[/QUOTE]

because when you rev the donor car, the electricity going to the recipient car is actually coming from the alternator, not the battery.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    Now, I am not an engineer..nor a electrician... bakit kaya more power was given to the dead car when you rev the engine of the good battery/car?
    because when you rev the donor car, the electricity going to the recipient car is actually coming from the alternator, not the battery.[/QUOTE]

Because it is still drained and can absorbed much of the power. If you just parallel the battery one with 100% and one with 0%, under perfect condition at some point they will become equal 50/50 split.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Mas problemahin ko pa ang jumper ng kapitbahay kesa itong jumper cable.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post

Walang pinag-iba nyan sa engine. If you rev it, you will get more power.

The alternation is a generator. An AC source converted to a DC with rectifiers. To simplify things, we assume the alternator will rotate at one cycle per second and assume one AC cycle in one rotation. If you will rectify that, it will produce one DC component in one second. So if you will rev the engine say twice then you can produce 2x DC components in one second. If you rev 10x, that is 10x DC components. The more DC components produced in a given time, you will have higher DC average.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

When speed or rpm is increase, frequency (ac) is also increase, power also increases directly proportional mga yan.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Mas problemahin ko pa ang jumper ng kapitbahay kesa itong jumper cable.
    'yan kasi ang kadalasang pinagmumulan ng sunog > ILLEGAL ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS. :mad:

BTT
    So, how are we going to determine the right size or Ampacity (Current Carrying Capacity)
    of the Jumper Cables?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    for newer cars na naka ic chip na ang regulator ng alternator, wouldnt this burn your regulator pag nag host ka ng jumper?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by joemarski View Post
    'yan kasi ang kadalasang pinagmumulan ng sunog > ILLEGAL ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS. :mad:

BTT
    So, how are we going to determine the right size or Ampacity (Current Carrying Capacity)
    of the Jumper Cables?

of the Jumper Cables?

Shop Tools, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; July 12th, 2013 at 09:35 AM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    of the Jumper Cables?

Shop Tools, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
    Thank you very so many sir jc :thankyou:

Tamang- tama na siguro 'yung kabibili ko lang na Jumper Cables.
    "500AMP" daw ang nakalagay doon sa karton niya sabi nung tsimay namin sa bahay.
    Less than a month pa lang 'yun. at 500kesos lang (China for sure) bili ko sa Evangelista.
    Puwede na siguro 'yon... 'wag lang gawing Jumper sa Trucks.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast