Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    use your Altis' battery to start the car

put the old car's battery in the trunk and drive to the battery shop

mahirap ba yan?
    That is what I will do nga.

Ang mahirap kung yung Corolla ko na mismo ang kailangan ko dalhin, That is when I need na mag series or tulak.,

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i see the mistrust on the shop/mechanic/technician. that is why you shop around for trained, equipped and experienced and trustworthy technician and stick with him/her. but feel free to get second, third, fourth or the forum opinion. you can even go to:
    international automotive technicians' network (iATN.net) to get some ideas.

International Automotive Technicians Network - iATN

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I can go to Paranaque. Sige check ko yan.
    sorry Pasig pala i mean, yung shop kasi nila pasig pa pero boundary na rin ng marikina

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    C4U, dalhin mo kay Jemson sa banawe. madaming tsikot boys doon na tutulungan ka din

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    That is what I will do nga.

Ang mahirap kung yung Corolla ko na mismo ang kailangan ko dalhin, That is when I need na mag series or tulak.,
    and while driving the corolla to the shop huwag ka mag aircon. in case di talaga kumakarga alternator you don't want to drain your battery

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    C4U, dalhin mo kay Jemson sa banawe. madaming tsikot boys doon na tutulungan ka din
    iwas na ko sa Banawe. Grabe mga kawatan diyan!!!

I went there before with my cousins who knew nothing about cars (My lola had them go with me para daw may lalaki. Honestly, I would have been better off by myself or just my younger cousin, I just don't know how to drive to Banawe) I told my older cousin I didn't want to deal with those guys sa side street but he insisted. The guys were "checking" my car, when I insisted na I did not want to deal with them, we left. When we got to another shop, kulang kulang na yung screws/nuts. Ang bilis ng kamay. WTF!!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008

I went there before with my cousins who knew nothing about cars (My lola had them go with me para daw may lalaki. Honestly, I would have been better off by myself or just my younger cousin, I just don't know how to drive to Banawe) I told my older cousin I didn't want to deal with those guys sa side street but he insisted. The guys were "checking" my car, when I insisted na I did not want to deal with them, we left. When we got to another shop, kulang kulang na yung screws/nuts. Ang bilis ng kamay. WTF!!
    walang ganyan kay jemson. and maayos sila gumawa. he even has his own thread here sa tsikot hehe and im sure babantayan yan ng mga tsikot boys.

btw, si doc otep pala stock holder doon. so you're in good hands

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    walang ganyan kay jemson. and maayos sila gumawa. he even has his own thread here sa tsikot hehe and im sure babantayan yan ng mga tsikot boys.

btw, si doc otep pala stock holder doon. so you're in good hands
    Di nga nagdridrive si Cathy ng hanggang QC eh

BTT:
    Most likely ang problema mo is alternator or battery. Pero sabi mo eh umiilaw ang battery icon sa dash, mataas ang chances na alternator na ang problema. Better you bring the Corolla sa suking electrical shop mo para ma-check nilang mabuti. Sabihin mo sa electrician na madalas ma-drain ang battery at umiilaw yun indicator sa dash. Tapos tanong lang din pala kung ilang taon na yun battery ng Corolla mo at anong brand ng battery mo.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    Di nga nagdridrive si Cathy ng hanggang QC eh
    hahaha

official reason:

real reason:

"whaaat?! i'm not going to Banawe just to have my car checked"
    Last edited by uls; June 4th, 2013 at 03:53 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    that lighted icon almost always means the alternator isn't charging the battery.
    it can be as costless as loose wires, loose belt, as cheap as depleted carbon brushes, or as costly as fried alternator diodes or winding cores.
    you can have the battery and the alternator checked at decent battery shop for free (my favorite is motolite official outlet).
    and older toyota alternators are not really that expensive. sometimes, it's cheaper to replace the entire thing with surplus than to troubleshoot and replace parts.. alternators have a very long service life..
    a dead battery won't cause that light icon to light up.
    i got a new maintenance-free 1smf for less than 3K last month (phoned for price before going).
    good luck.

when i was younger and had no significant source of income (read: student), we used to push-start the car.. after 1 month or so, we decided to just replace the battery. nakaka-hassle, lalo na kung may ulan..
    Last edited by dr. d; June 4th, 2013 at 10:47 PM.

Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast