New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hindi naman ganun ka grabe ang demand ng electricity ng sasakyan mo? Kung oem ground nga isang wire lang ok na eh.. The difference is negligible wether series or in parallel

Hindi naman yan high rise building connection

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    Does it prolong battery life assuming stock set up lang, no powerhog audio set up?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinoi View Post
    Yes. Without voltage drop from old ground wire connection. Battery will have higher current charged from the Alternator and reduce accumulation of sulphate to battery plates and therefore prolong battery life.
    Well, this is a bind. It depends on context.

No it doesn't. A grounding kit or the Big Three electrical upgrade doesn't increase your voltage. It simply helps facilitates the flow of electrical current. It's like turning on water from your faucet connected to a house. If your stock electrical's your everyday garden hose then think of grounding kits/Big Three as having water flowing from a fire truck hose (I'm obviously overstating but you should get what I mean). The same volume of water is displaced but the ease of displacing it is different.

Since I highly doubt your stock alternator cannot keep up with the electrical demands of your stock car, you're running purely on alternator power. In other words, you're not dipping into your battery for your energy reserves so the answer is: it does not.

However, if you have something like a badass ICE system which forces your electrical system to tap into the battery from time to time to meet the demand, then yes because you'll have less voltage dips thanks to less electrical resistance which means you'll be tapping into your battery a whole lot less, hence more battery life.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenThing View Post
    Hindi naman ganun ka grabe ang demand ng electricity ng sasakyan mo? Kung oem ground nga isang wire lang ok na eh.. The difference is negligible wether series or in parallel

Grounding in series?

You always install additional grounding in parallel connection.

The idea is to keep the resistance between the generator, battery, and car electric components as near to zero ohms as possible.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinoi View Post
    Connecting Ground Wire in series will increase resistance of wire due to total length of wire.. Higher resistance means increase voltage drop. This defeat the purpose of Grounding Wire.

Wire must be connected as short as possible between connection point. That' s the reason circular metal was use as - Bat Common Ground Connection. We call this Octopus connection. or Star connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    correct.. to add the wire must not exceed 1 meter..

Actually, Chinoi is correct theoretically but TheGreenThing is correct practically. Wiring in series or in parallel won't impact real-world car electrical performance to a noticeable degree.

The ideal speaker is one without any electrical impedance. The shorter the wire, the closer it is to the "ideal" as resistivity is tied to the unit length of the conductor.

Who says the wire must not exceed one meter?
    Who says it must be short as possible?

You're simply focusing on one part of the wire which is the length of the wire. You're forgetting the cross-diagonal diameter of the wire or "how thick it is". Want lesser resistance? Get a thicker AWG wire. That's all there really is. Must not exceed one meter? Ano yan? 22AWG wire? Most cars are wired up using 16GA wires minimum and even at 16AWG, you'll need 4 meters before resistance increases over 5% on a 2-ohm load. 10AWG? 15 meters. That's how huge the drop in resistance is. Now think about 4AWG.. Hell, most modern cars are wired with 4AWG nowadays (well, Audis, BMWs and Mercs are.. some, even thicker) and my stock Hyundai Sonata comes with Big Two 4AWG wired all up.

People obsess over length too much. Trust me, if your house is on fire, it's faster displacing water from Point A to Point B using a 20 meter fire hose truck versus a 2 meter garden hose.

Circle Plate
    By putting the circle plate with battery terminal, you can install up to 24 wires at the necessary place.

Circle adapter system
    Circle adapter system has 12 connection holes in a concentric fashion which safely and efficiently distribute high-frequency current for better contact and exoergic.

That's idiotic. Why would you want to install more wires when you can just have one thick one? Unless you go by the motto of "more is better", I like a cleaner engine bay instead. It's like having a road with cars passing through. You have 10 one-lane road going to Destination B versus one ten-lane road going to Destination B. When all else equal, it's the SAME.

Hopes this helps.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; September 13th, 2013 at 01:39 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post

People obsess over length too much. Trust me, if your house is on fire, it's faster displacing water from Point A to Point B using a 20 meter fire hose truck versus a 2 meter garden hose.
    remember this is "grounding wire" so you don't always need to compare it to hoses as the purpose of the grounding wire is just to strengthen the weak points in the panel joints. your car is the "ground" itself that is why you need the shortest point to connect to ground. even if you install amplifiers at the back of your car, it is best to tap the negative to the body rather than having a dedicated wire direct to the battery.

also for older cars it is advisable to replace your old fuse with new ones or clean the connectors to improve current flow. i remember one time someone bought from me a brand new car stereo because his car stereo always turns off whenever he raise the volume. i connected the main power line of the stereo directly to the battery to check is the car stereo is at fault, it turns out that its not faulty and we only need to replace and clean the fuse terminal.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Actually, Chinoi is correct theoretically but TheGreenThing is correct practically. Wiring in series or in parallel won't impact real-world car electrical performance to a noticeable degree.

The ideal speaker is one without any electrical impedance. The shorter the wire, the closer it is to the "ideal" as resistivity is tied to the unit length of the conductor.
    And remember grounding wires/battery/alternator are DC system so you cannot compare to a speaker which is an AC system, hence resistance is not impedance. Speakers will always have impedance because of the coils, you cannot make near-zero ohm to move a coil around a magnet.

Grounding kits helps in distributing the current flow thru multiple grounding contacts. Considering that most auto wires are just designed to run basic electrical accessories and they degrade over time(crimps, bonds,corossion, torque), installation of additional grounding would always be an advantage.

Imagine one thick wire with single contact vs multiple thin wire in multiple contact. You should be comparing firehose to a multiple garden hose.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Like i said, its effect is negligible. Wether in parallel or in series.
    Hindi ka naman siguro gagamit ng 3 meters of wire para jan db?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Oh & electric current are smart. Dun sila sa pinaka shortest route lage dumaan(lowest resistance wether in parallel or in series)

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Oh & electric current are smart. Dun sila sa pinaka shortest route lage dumaan(lowest resistance wether in parallel or in series)
    not necessarily the shortest but the least amount of resistance. ang resistance kasi ay proportional sa length nung wire at inversely proportional sa cross section area nung wire.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    As I mentioned. Kung luma ang kotse ay advisable maglagay ng Grounding Wire. Dahil puro loose connection na mga Terminals causing Voltage drop. Voltage drop robbed voltages for Headlamp, Ignition Coils and charging of Alternator to Battery. Therefore affect performance.

Worse if your starting your car with poor ground connection and in Cold Start.. Starter consumed high ampere to drive the Clutch Solenoid and DC Motor of Starter. The voltage drop on loose connection will decrease torque of Starter and Ignition Coil Voltage will drop to 8V. Induced high tension voltage much needed for Cold start engine will therefore reduced to 18KV instead of 25KV. This was the reason old cars have a hard starting problem.

Google about Ohms Law and it will help understand voltage drop.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast