New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    how're the reviews, daw?
    it's the first time i am hearing about yokohama battery, kasi...
    Ngayon ko lang din nalaman Doc. Ni base lang sa 27months warranty ng top model.

Sa harap ng Fishermall sa Quezon Ave magkatabi malaking shop ng Motolite at Yokohama.

Hindi ko din alam itong Motolite bakit ang daming sub brands na license. Iba iba kaya talaga laman sa loob? Ayos naman para sa local industry, madaming trabaho.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    "it's cheap", never mind if the warranty shouts it.
    to some folks, the cheaper right-now-expense is an important-enough deciding factor, in what battery to buy.

so who buys cheaper batteries?
    1. skinflints like me;
    2. bayan sellers;
    3. "the impoverished." which, i suspect, comprises the majority of buyers. (apologies to the impoverished.)
    heh heh.

i have a colleague,
    replaces the battery every two years, regardless of its condition.
    naranasan na niya ang dead battery syndrome, and she don't want to re-experience it again.
    Kuripot naman din ako, but sometimes, the cheapest option... can turn out to be the most expensive in the long run.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Ngayon ko lang din nalaman Doc. Ni base lang sa 27months warranty ng top model.

Sa harap ng Fishermall sa Quezon Ave magkatabi malaking shop ng Motolite at Yokohama.

Hindi ko din alam itong Motolite bakit ang daming sub brands na license. Iba iba kaya talaga laman sa loob? Ayos naman para sa local industry, madaming trabaho.
    well,
    if we are to consider what the warranty differences are...
    the yokohama with its price and 27 months warranty sounds good.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    Kuripot naman din ako, but sometimes, the cheapest option... can turn out to be the most expensive in the long run.
    some years ago, i got the cheapest, "champion", by motolite. it came with 12 month warranty.
    one i put in my diesel innova, city driven, with my average trip lasting less than 7 km. i even turned off the engine during notoriously long red lights. that battery lasted 13 months.
    the other, my other diesel innova got it and it was driven thru longer trips and highway miles even. that battery lasted over 4 years.
    i suppose, if one's driving is made up of highway drives, one might gamble successfully on the cheaper battery.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    some years ago, i got the cheapest, "champion", by motolite. it came with 12 month warranty.
    one i put in my diesel innova, city driven, with my average trip lasting less than 7 km. i even turned off the engine during notoriously long red lights. that battery lasted 13 months.
    the other, my other diesel innova got it and it was driven thru longer trips and highway miles even. that battery lasted over 4 years.
    i suppose, if one's driving is made up of highway drives, one might gamble successfully on the cheaper battery.
    wow, multiple innovas in a garage.
    Yang longer trips mo doc, frequent ba yan or seldom lang?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    wow, multiple innovas in a garage.
    Yang longer trips mo doc, frequent ba yan or seldom lang?
    i'm the city driver, po.
    my son is the highway driver.
    we used to have three innovae, but i sold the oldest one, as it's MT and i was getting on in years.

we also have sedan and hatch, which are lighter to drive, hence the sedan is my favorite now.
    the sedan and hatch are stock. when i have to replace batteries, i get the smaller size than factory. i have been doing this battery down-sizing for decades now. so far, i see no difference.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 11th, 2024 at 10:01 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    May Nakita ako na varta battery 2sm for 4.7k.

Ok ba Ang varta? Euro brand daw sabi sa customer's cradle

Sent from my RMX3690 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Varta used as replacement battery in German cars ... but they cost double that of Motolite ... not sure now ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Cheaper brands than Motolite but reliable as well