New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 176 of 225 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2247
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    does "leak" mean, the electrolyte bubbled out thru the cell covers above?
    or did the casing around the terminal crack and...?
    yun oxidation ba yun yun white stuff sa terminal noon araw is common. would that be considered normal o defect na?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    As for me with my experience with Amaron Go, it never leaked and I never had the chance to test its limit because the 1st amaron I bought lasted for I think 21 months I thought it was my battery that needs replacement but turn out my alternator is not giving enough charge to my battery. Second amaron lasted for again 22 months my car was brought to the shop before lockdown and after 2 months of no starting the mechanic told me my amaron couldn't crank the engine anymore after switching off and turning it on again after giving it a full charge.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Mine sort of "wept" a bit of electrolyte around the caps and the charge indicator during the first year. It's not dripping or anything.... more like there's a thin film of the substance around the places I mentioned. Though definitely not enough to spill to the side or onto the vehicle.

My guess was it was topped off a bit higher out of the factory.

I just regularly washed them off and dried it with paper towels. It's been dry since the last time I cleaned it last year.
    All the batteries leaked from the top cover, like this. Napalitan naman ng warranty. But hassle lang that i needed to check the batteries every now and then. screenshot_20200629-092100.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    The Amaron I bought in 2014 for the Vios leaked and ate the positive terminal. The Amaron I bought in 2017 for the Mazda is still clean. Might be a bad early batch.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk
    Possible nga na mga 2014 batch yung nagka problem. Around that time yung mga napalitan namin.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    yun oxidation ba yun yun white stuff sa terminal noon araw is common. would that be considered normal o defect na?
    googling for an explanation... medyo nakaka-hilo.

kung maraming white, green-blue, or pale dirty yellow stuff, i suppose that is abnormal.
    but it need not be the battery's fault all the time.
    it may be caused by charging issues. see google.

it is not as common nowadays as it was in yesterdecades, if my experience is typical.
    it is probably because: today's charging systems are much better now; and battery manufacture and design are technologically better now.

so what do i do, when i see these stuffs on my battery?
    1. clean them away, and observe further for recurrence.
    2. clean the battery terminals and clamps. tighten as necessary. the deposits do not conduct electricity well, and the chemical reactions that caused them used up some of the clamp's / terminal's metals, resulting in loose connection.
    3. have the car's charging system checked for over-charging or under-charging.
    4. check the battery for over-filling. check the battery for cracks and such.

good luck.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Is 4800 with a trade in reasonable for an NS60 Amaron hi life pro with 24 months warranty? Ang layo ng price with Motolite (24 months warranty) at almost 6500 while the thai Panasonic (21 months warranty) is at 3800 only.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post
    Is 4800 with a trade in reasonable for an NS60 Amaron hi life pro with 24 months warranty? Ang layo ng price with Motolite (24 months warranty) at almost 6500 while the thai Panasonic (21 months warranty) is at 3800 only.
    Where did you get the price quote? That is already cheap considering it is Pro. My N70 I was quoted around that price but Go only not Pro.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i suppose, the electrical capacities are similar?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hmm, I just searched a nearby dealer in Facebook and this was the first one that popped up. The just have a generic "Amaron Battery-PH Araneta" name. I will verify if it is indeed the Pro model. They just told me it has a 24 month warranty so I assumed it is the Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Where did you get the price quote? That is already cheap considering it is Pro. My N70 I was quoted around that price but Go only not Pro.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Hmm, I just searched a nearby dealer in Facebook and this was the first one that popped up. The just have a generic "Amaron Battery-PH Araneta" name. I will verify if it is indeed the Pro model. They just told me it has a 24 month warranty so I assumed it is the Pro.
    Im just surprise with the price because NS60 and N70 battery size to my mind almost the same and yet yours cost less.

Amaron battery