New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 175 of 225 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2247
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Longest i had was 7 years.
    Shortest was 30 months.

Average is about 4 years

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    inggit ako sa 4yr average mo. ako ave. 2years mapa diesel suv or passenger sedan. sa use ko nga parang pareho lang lifespan sa amin ng excel at gold. kaya masaya ako sa amaron ngayon 4yrs na so for me sulit na sulit. ang di ko lang malimutan yun mega force na replacement battery noon araw ng civic vti namin. wala pang isang taon tigok na.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Regarding your 7 years battery, were you using your car everyday or everyweek? or it was just parked in the garage?
    Practically everyday during the first 4-5 years. Ginagamit 1-2 kms per day, pampunta simbahan or hospital ng dad ko. So around 4x ginagamit per day pero very short trips.

Also hooked the battery to an inverter to power the lights and some electric fans nung nagbrownout ng matagal sa amin nung 2014.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Pareho pala kami ni sirkosero

7 yrs and 4 yrs

Amaron the best [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Practically everyday during the first 4-5 years. Ginagamit 1-2 kms per day, pampunta simbahan or hospital ng dad ko. So around 4x ginagamit per day pero very short trips.

Also hooked the battery to an inverter to power the lights and some electric fans nung nagbrownout ng matagal sa amin nung 2014.

I see, maganda lang talaga quality ni Amaron kung ganon.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    baka ang alternator/regulator mo ang may problema, baka yung regulator ng alternator sumosobra sa 15volts parati
    I doubt. On all 4 cars na naka amaron nag leak, and when replaced with a different brand, wala naman leak until now.

Might be a bad batch, pero ang hassle kasi sa leaking battery, is rust ang kalaban mo

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Hindi ba nag leak mga amaron niyo? Had several amarons before, lahat nag leak after a while

does "leak" mean, the electrolyte bubbled out thru the cell covers above?
    or did the casing around the terminal crack and...?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    I doubt. On all 4 cars na naka amaron nag leak, and when replaced with a different brand, wala naman leak until now.

Might be a bad batch, pero ang hassle kasi sa leaking battery, is rust ang kalaban mo

Mine sort of "wept" a bit of electrolyte around the caps and the charge indicator during the first year. It's not dripping or anything.... more like there's a thin film of the substance around the places I mentioned. Though definitely not enough to spill to the side or onto the vehicle.

My guess was it was topped off a bit higher out of the factory.

I just regularly washed them off and dried it with paper towels. It's been dry since the last time I cleaned it last year.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Amaron I bought in 2014 for the Vios leaked and ate the positive terminal. The Amaron I bought in 2017 for the Mazda is still clean. Might be a bad early batch.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    The Amaron I bought in 2014 for the Vios leaked and ate the positive terminal. The Amaron I bought in 2017 for the Mazda is still clean. Might be a bad early batch.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk
    back in my day,
    the crack around the battery terminal was a very common occurence.
    the battery makers believed this was due to overzealous folks, who would very aggressively work the battery clamp's bolts or hit the terminal for whatever reason, resulting in cracking of the casing around the terminal.
    it may also be due to a very short battery cable and/or in-effective battery clamp, resulting to pulling of the cable on the terminal, whilst the car is running and vibrating, resulting to crack around the battery terminal.
    i would think that after decades of such, the manufacturers would already have found a remedy for this... weakness of design..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    sa jawe ako bumibili ng battery

been a customer for years

one of the first battery shops to sell amaron noong di pa sikat ang amaron

can't get more legit than them

mabait owner, mabait staff
    Noted on this will go to jawe this saturday. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Amaron battery