New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    If you have a warranty claim with GM and TCCI found out from you service records that you are not using dexos2 then you'll be challenged claiming the warranty.

avoid that scene by sticking to dexos2 while within the 5yr warrenty.

Some of the GM dexos2 certified oils are in the market for quiet some time, they are hard to find and expensive..

ACDelco 5W30 retails around P550/litre
    Liqui Molly Toptec 4605 5W30 retails around 900+/L
    Motul 8100 & specific dexos2
    Mitasu MJ111
    MobilSuper3000 5W30
    GM Dexos2 are basically repacked Mobil oils

There are also some re-packed casa oils claiming to be dexos2, forgot the brand..

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    OB, he's a foreigner.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
    I just realized, the guy may no longer be here as he made the inquiry last February 2017.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I just realized, the guy may no longer be here as he made the inquiry last February 2017.
    I didn't even notice the date.[emoji38]

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    I didn't even notice the date.[emoji38]

I was smiling when I was reading the answer of *minicarph then you pointed out that he's a foreigner. Just now I noticed the date.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Hahaha I'm still kicking mates! Sorry been a long time since I have signed in.

Changed ATF, dialysis, didn't change filter yet but will do in a while with a new gasket. P600 a liter or so ACDelco Dexron6.

For anybody having oil consumption with this SUV/Truck, please don't use anything other than Dexos2. Tried with a generic 5W-30 and the oil consumption was spotted right away! Switched to Dexos2 and all went good and no single MM decrease. Lots of friction modifiers and additive in this oil so never risk it especially with the Duramax, lesson learned.

EGR cleaned, went out with no carbon buildup at all, at least for the peace of mind since I had a Starex and its EGR was a disaster upon cleaning, it had like 80K on odometer though.

Timing belt and drive belt not yet, this will pull the pulleys/tensioners and water pump on it's way but I have ordered the 2 belts already. Not really sure how long should I wait for it, but owner manual states 40K or 3 years. Maybe a good mechanic can check the timing belt for cracks?

Power steering has been flushed, ACDelco Dexron6 1.5L.

Transfer case Oil changed, ACDelco Dexron6 2L.

Coolant Flush has been done. ACDelco Dex-Cool, 1K per Gallon.

Brake Fluid has been flushed, ZIC DOT4, 1L or less if I still remember.

Oil/Cabin/Fuel Filter has been changed.

Font wheel bearings has been changed, since first owner was a Kamote. Inner at P1,200 and outer at P1,900, both wheels, OEM Parts. Make sure to use Lithium Complex Grease.

Changed the 4 tires since the front wheel bearings caused a Positive Camber. Was eyeballing the Nexen All Terrain A8, but Mindanao Tyre Haus didn't have them in stock when I went there even they have confirmed over the phone that the tire is in stock, 265-6-r18 Nexen All Terrain Bnew Tires | Mindanao Tyrehaus, went with a Chinese tire instead since I wanted to take the risk because I'm hearing horror stories about Chinese tires and wanna make sure by myself, separate the lies and BS from truth. Tire is excellent, wears evenly, good grip on dry roads and curves, smooth and low noise, wet road performance is above average too, P5,000 a tire is an excellent value for a 265/60R18. Westlake SV308, 265-6-r18 Westlake Bnew Tires | Mindanao Tyrehaus.

Wheel alignment was done at the back of Tyre Haus at P450. They have the TB 2014 in their software.

I will do next the front and rear axle, ACDelco 75W90, if my memory serves me well.

Have a sore eye dent<s> over my driver's fender, Lol a kid throw me a huge rock don't know why and for what. Need to repair and repaint the entire fender but so worried about a good color matching.

andrukit. Everything is OEM at Thunder Banawe Bro, just make sure to give them a call first on their landline to verify if the part is available or not.

Gumusut_Amige. Correct mate, had to google a couple of months ago for this, trial and error until nailed since even the CASA are clueless, or never bothered to tell me, and there is no mention for it in the Owner Manual.

cranston. Not sure mate, the only thing that I have changed in the CASA for warranty claiming was my entire right headlight assembly, light was vibrating and dodgy. The guys at the CASA was nice and changed it with no questions asked, waited for like 3 days for the part to arrive. I would suggests taking your car to a good suspension shop and let them check the bushings for you and clue you in.

Labor was between Fronte Banawe and CarBase Banawe, never again with CASA.

By the way, what has happened to the Diesel pricing? I remember when that thing was P17, nowadays P45 and P47?!?! Still getting up as well, rest in piece commercial drivers!

Lol yeah, I'm not fluent yet in Tagalog .

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Good job bro. Sounds Like the tbz will last another 3yrs in your ownership. Maybe the egr didnt have much carbon buildup because of the euro4 fuels.

FOCUS

7. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Thanks bud! Great SUV all around.

I'm thankful we have Euro4 all around the Philippines nowadays, just the diesel pricing is painful now, almost same pricing as Gas :D.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadyanderson09 View Post
    Thanks bud! Great SUV all around.

I'm thankful we have Euro4 all around the Philippines nowadays, just the diesel pricing is painful now, almost same pricing as Gas :D.
    welcome back bro, enjoy your freshly minted ride.
    don't forget to carefully check the alternator pulley during your all belts change-out.
    mine conks out first before my actual all belts replacement was carried out.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Thanks for the welcome and the heads up mate, will keep that in mind .

Flushing your power steering fluid will give you crisp steering as the first day you have bought it, also the ATF. First owner was cooking the ATF, I have noticed it brownish, full negligence on his part, it seems that he was revving like there is no tomorrow in hot weather, good thing I have busted it early from his hands. SUV shifts as first day now .

Since the Air/Cabin filters to be changed every 2 years, everytime I change oil and filter I request for them to get cleaned up, it will help greatly with fuel economy and your engine will breath better. Low air pressurer will do best, high pressure may damage the filters.

Never submit your SUV for corners checking without applying grease mate, that's one of the things the first owner neglected and shot the wheel bearings with, Lithium complex is the key and will take no time for your 4 wheels. I have a friend that clocked 200K plus on this same SUV with nothing but regular PMS, SUV is great like he just bought it!

Bad reputations mostly comes from bad drivers, unless a defect somewhere which is not always the case.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    I am new here. Compared to Montero and Fortuner, is the availabilty of parts and price OK for a second hand trailblazer 2013-2014ish? Thank you.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Chevrolet Trailblazer Maintenance...