New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    A friend who's also an ME grad took up his MBA, also in Ateneo. Parang condensed and easier version lang daw nung inaaral namin nung college, but with more case studies.

It's more useful for people with no management background in college, but want to keep up with management grads in the corporate world. Otherwise, invest your money and time on something else.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    In some companies, the career ladder includes having an MBA as a requirement to move to the next level.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My dad's a promoter of MBAs as well. I think it's because he's a ComSci graduate, which is why the MBA was helpful for him in landing higher positions where his technical background wouldn't be sufficient.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    i think if you own a company, you don't need an MBA; just employ an MBA. but if you're working with the company, or you're connected with the government, to get ahead and fast, you need one. if you have the wherewithal and the intellect, you go all the way and get it at Harvard. you know, if you dream, dream big. walang bayad ang mangarap.

Proudly Pinoy in Harvard - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

5. Join Date
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post

imho... having an MBA and apply the concepts would be good, otherwise, it would be a useless title. i've known people who have MBAs na hindi marunong magpatakbo ng negosyo, or hindi alam ang concepts ng negosyo..... so everything boils in the book.

Examples:

a. bilas ko... lahat ata ng pwedeng pagaralan, pinagaralan na nun... nagtayo ng school, nag mba, nag child psychology.... after two years, sarado na... again attempted to open a manpower agency... pero after 4 months, sinara na. what's wrong? the mindset and the lack of marketing skills.

b. negosyanteng kilalang kilala ko... graduate of a school in the US, pati MBA sa US.... nakaka limang negosyo na, lahat bumagsak.

compared with:

a. a president of an IT consulting firm.... graduate ng JRU, walang MBA..... thriving yung business nila.
    b. a president of a large insurance company ... graduate ng UE, walang MBA... again, profitable yung business nila.

an MBA would give you an extra knowledge, but it does not define your success.
    ako, i do not have an MBA, but two undergrad technical degrees and IT certifications.
    i am at the helm of a company today, and it has been profitable for the last three years already. guts, skills and experience lang.
    This is a very good point. Another perfect example is yung Perpetual dito sa Las Pinas. Yung current president ng school at medical facilities nila tapos ng MBA sa Harvard and Wharton pero walang pinagbago yung management styles. Hindi ma streamline yung business and napaka inefficient. Nanay ko pa gumagawa ng MBA assignments ng mga yun nung nag aaral pa

Yung asawa ko graduate sa probinsya at nung nag resign sa company last June 2015 naglakas ng loob magtayo ng sariling company. Ayun awa ng dyos nakaka tatlong sasakyan na and as of May 2015 6M revenue with 28% operating profit. Sa bahay lang nag office at isa lang ang tao. Kelangan lang malakas ang loob, may good marketing and communication skills and exceptional negotiation skills

Kung asa corporate world ka katulad ko, malamang kelangan mo MBA for job promotion. Pero in real life at kung magtatayo ka ng negosyo, kelangan mo as 1D4LV pointed out are guts, skills and experience. My wife always tells me that yayaman ka dahil sa negosyo hindi dahil mataas ang posisyon mo sa isang company. Due to her business success, I am inclined to believe her. Gusto ko na nga mag resign at maging ahente nya kaso di ko talaga linya magbenta

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Primarily, isa rin to sa plano ko...to get an MBA kaso I still need to save funds for it pa...siguro isa sa mga dahilan is I just got inspired from some of my professors in college....yun nga ang na-mention nila "pwede ka magturo sa college, nagkakaroon ka ng presyo/edge sa corporate setting at for connection " ika nga nila. though yung ibang prof nga namin na may MBA e nang-galing sa corporate world then eventually nag-business na lang din, yung iba still connected pa corporate at parang hobby na lang ang patuturo every weekends, yung iba naman is walang business, gusto lang daw nila magturo talaga in a collegiate environment and to share knowledge/concepts to the youth.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Truth is i'm looking into finance/investing, or maybe putting up a business. Putting up a business nowadays(and making a big profit) isn't as easy as it was before, so finance is looking pretty good...but unless i get an actual job in finance, i don't see it providing a steady stream of income.

Me kilala akong ilang matatanda who've saved up a pile of money, ngayon pa-invest invest na lang sa uitf, and they're getting by. i do have a pile of my own, but so far my forays have been less than satisfactory. Still earning my tuition i guess ^_^

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I already finished one Masters Degree pero need to take up MBA-Regis... Need sa work dami pang hindi alam.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123