New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I have no mba but my boss does. It certainly is amazing to see his mgmt skills around other co-engineers. Boss certainly can take over the business from the Big Boss.

If you are eager to learn beyond your current capacity. I would suggest getting one.

My current company does look into employees educational background. Our competitors also look for such qualifications.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ^you didn't let your studies get in the way with your education bro ☺

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    ^you didn't let your studies get in the way with your education bro ☺
    Thanks 👍

But there is still so much to learn...eager*ahem

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    i read an article in the Inquirer (May 27, 2015) about the top 10 highest paid CEOs in the US. when i come across this thread i took the extra mile and checked who among them have MBAs, here they are:

1. David Zaslav, Discovery Communications- Boston University, School of Law

2. Leslie Moonves, CBS- BS grad of Bucknell

3. Philippe Dauman, VIACOM- Undergrad at Yale
    Law at Columbia

4. Robert Iger, Walt Disney- BS at Ithaca University

5. Marissa Mayer, Yahoo- undergrad: Stanford
    MS: Stanford

6. Leonard Schleifer, Regeneron Pharma-
    BS at Cornell
    MD at University of Virginia

7. Marc Benioff, salesforce.com-
    Business Administration at University of Southern California

8. Jeffrey Leiden, Vertex Pharma- BA, MD, PhD all at University of Chicago

9. Brian Roberts, COMCAST- BS at Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania

10. Jeffrey Bewkes, Time Warner- Philosophy at Yale

none of them have MBAs. please correct me if I'm wrong. thank you.
    By the way, what does it tell us?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^That it is not WHAT you know but WHO you know! Lol bro!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    again it's good for corporate career but OP is saying he'll eventually go into business and I don't see having an MBA as an advantage.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Those in the IT workforce would be better served by various certifications. Even management roles in IT demand various certifications nowadays. If you're looking to transfer industries, the MBA will surely help

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nope... not worth it if you ask me (pertaining to most of the local MBA offerings). Depending on the field you are in and what your plan is, a specialization may be more viable. In my case since i see myself in the finance field for long, i would rather take a Masters in Finance, CFA, CPA, etc.

I took my MBA BTW. I only did not get to finish my thesis due to work commitments (of course i prioritized my work; i had some officemates who took their MBA and pinabayaan ang trabaho to do their thesis).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nope... not worth it if you ask me (pertaining to most of the local MBA offerings). Depending on the field you are in and what your plan is, a specialization may be more viable. In my case since i see myself in the finance field for long, i would rather take a Masters in Finance, CFA, CPA, etc.

I took my MBA BTW. I only did not get to finish my thesis due to work commitments (of course i prioritized my work; i had some officemates who took their MBA and pinabayaan ang trabaho to do their thesis).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CV padding.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    ^That it is not WHAT you know but WHO you know! Lol bro!
    :D yan din bro!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast