New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    Sarap ng trabaho na walang trabaho.

maybe yes but only for few days or weeks. sooner or later you will get bored din IMHO

2. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Update:

Thanks for sharing your stories and kind messages, keep em coming! Bec we all have nothing better to do at work hahaha...

Background:

i'm in IT, single and makati based. I am paid to manage people/processes. I do not fix computers or write codes but i manage people who do. now continue, If our company was half as decent as yours i'd be long gone. I would've cashed that check worth 9 years. I would've been productive for the past 12 mos working for another company. But no. That would've been boring. that would've make sense. It would've not started this thread. This company is so horrible its ridiculous. Jan '15 i was handed 'very good' in my performance review. Cool. That's 1 level lower than the highest. Pretty good if you ask, considering i get paid to show up, have a pulse, and stare at the pc. but that's not the best part. Here comes the real winner. 2 months later, guess what. I got myself promoted. Congrats! Well done! You deserve it! Bull sh!t I do.
    Read: I managed to get myself promoted without any significant milestone or accomplishment. I got promoted just by handing a piece of paper we call CV and proceeding to get myself destroyed by the AVP in the interview. That interview was so bad i felt i had to apologize to my future self for screwing it. I was wrong. A few weeks later, i got the letter of promotion. more money. more benefits. more perks. just show up with a pulse in a nice buttoned shirt. I thanked my interviewer/AVP for the trust and confidence, and he acted like he had nothing to do with it. he acted like he wanted none of that thank you. like he was not responsible for the crime. WTF. He mumbled it was all my manager's decision. my manager who asked a single question in that interview. Im still clueless. Its quite puzzling. Im not working for a Non profit, am I? Because surely, what they're doing to me is charity work. Top notch if you ask me. But This is a friggin huge multinational enterprise. Some clients we bill by the minute. I feel like you gotta experience it to believe it. Its mind blowing. Sometimes i feel the hardest decision of the day rests on what i'd wear at work. Or what to eat. Coffee or tea?

All in all. the company might be doing this to push resignation and avoid severance. Slowly but surely taking away that sense of purpose. That sense of accomplishment. Having goals. Having deadlines. Or they're just dumb as sh!t. I dunno. Right now I'm still waiting for job opportunities. First decent offer on the table and I'm out of here. But til that happens. you bet I'll keep on riding this gravy train.

sorry for the long wall of text, gist: I'm in IT, did nothing for the past year, got a good review, 2 mos after, got promoted doing jacksh!t. Currently looking for work but will ride it out 'til then. life's difficult, and money is money. i'm still thankful.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Regarding the theory that the company is just boring you to death so that you'll resign : tingin ko it's more of management inefficency/negligence/apathy rather than some conspiracy to avoid severance payment. The usual M.O. for downsizing is to offer money for early retirement. Then if that doesn't work, they give you b.s. assignments para magresign ka. imho it would cost more for them to pay your salary, SSS, benefits etc if you stay. Some unions in multinationals get 16mo pay pa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Masarap sana yung walamg ginagawa habang nag sweldo as long sayo oras mo. Pwd ka pumasok ng late at umuwi ng maaga .. pero yung 8hrs a day na para kang naka tunganga na dapat asa room mo lang ikaw ang hirap.. ok lang sana kung marami kayo sa room at pwede ang non stop na kwentuhan..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    If you are an employee and is always not busy, your neck will be on the chopping block when there is reduction in force or restructuring, there is no job security.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Getting a promotion is good because at least when you move to another company, even a lateral transfer will still put you in a better place than you were last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    What's the expectation from your current role? If what you are currently doing (doing nothing) is the expectation, then probably your current role is not really appropriate for you. In line management roles, do not expect the kind of Nitty gritty tasks that you once did when you were in the rank and file level. If you are managing people, that is where you need to focus your efforts. Have regular one on ones with your staff. Try to probe more on what your staff is doing/supporting. Try to make it sound that you are really interested with their task. From the one on ones you'll find issues or opportunities where you can focus on and try to resolve or improve. You said it yourself, your company is horrible. I'm sure you'll find issues or inefficiencies. Believe me, these will keep you busy throughout the year. 😁

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    Sarap ng trabaho na walang trabaho.

Kung may job ka pero walang trabaho; that's the worst job. The most important is to like your work. A job without trabaho would give me so much stress just waiting for the time to pass.

I was lucky when i worked in ksa for 13 long years. actually, ang isang day of work seem to be like an hour. That's how i've survived. I considered my work to be play. Oftentimes, the saudis would tell me 'its's time to go', and i would reply, 'so soon?' of course, they would'nt understand why i answer them that way. For them, they are always looking at their wrist watches kahit na may wall clock sa wall.

Kung kaunti ang trabaho mo, i suggest you use brain entraiment para mawala ang boredom. "teach your brain if you dont like it to train you" palagay ko, nasa isip niyo lang yan. it's all in the mind. if available here, use a brain tuner, an electronic device that lets you control your mindset. kung may tuner ang mga cars, bakit ang mind ng tao? syempre mayroon din. for those who understand electronics principles, pls refer to: bobbeckdotcom and search for 'brain tuner'.

another interesting project for me to construct/modify. ("what the mind can conceive, it can achieve") see? walang boredom sa akin, dahil ang work ko ay considered na 'play'.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    be it shitty or not, count it as blessings. many people would want to be in your shoes right now.
    this is coming from a person who knows what it is like to be broke and do nothing.
    so treat each day at work as a blessing.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    be it shitty or not, count it as blessings. many people would want to be in your shoes right now.
    this is coming from a person who knows what it is like to be broke and do nothing.
    so treat each day at work as a blessing.
    +1
    and way better than saying; "i need a job."

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast