New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    *unmarked, I've been there. High paying job with all the perks but essentially doing nothing. Worse, it dulls the brain and spirit.

You might also want to consider changing industry/career. It's worth the jump

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Few employees are AIDS (As Is Doing Something)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Sarap ng trabaho na walang trabaho.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sooner or later, the redundancy will be noticed, if not already. If the company is not willing to offer severance pay, they might just be waiting on you to make the first move (resign). If you still like to work for the company, prove to them you are the right guy. Look for process improvement, work load balancing and elimination of non-value adding tasks. If you think that it is not worth the effort, then actively pursue looking for opportunities outside. Surfing job ops and writing application letters would somehow keep you busy. Try linked in.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    Sarap ng trabaho na walang trabaho.

Not really. I get stressed whenever I find myself not needing to do anything for work.

Nasasayangan ako sa sarili ko kung papetiks petiks lang. My work now is much more chill compared to my previous company. I kinda miss being pushed to my limits in order to stand out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Not really. I get stressed whenever I find myself not needing to do anything for work.

Nasasayangan ako sa sarili ko kung papetiks petiks lang. My work now is much more chill compared to my previous company. I kinda miss being pushed to my limits in order to stand out.

Bro jut, I heard the einvornment in your previous company is a bit boring but toxic at the same time. Stable processes are already in place and system is very robust, it dulls your creativity. Pa training2 na lang.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Bro jut, I heard the einvornment in your previous company is a bit boring but toxic at the same time. Stable processes are already in place and system is very robust, it dulls your creativity. Pa training2 na lang.
    Stable, yes. Boring, no. There was always something new to do since the company keeps on rolling out new programs to sustain and increase market share.

There's also a very robust performance recognition program in place, and top performers were always given opportunities to grow.

But yes, sometimes it gets toxic in the sense that you have to sweat the small stuff that don't directly impact the short and medium term.

Now, I'm enjoying much more flexibility. But since there's no compelling performance recognition program in place, nor are there any clear directions from the higher ups, you really have to light your own fire and be a self-driven catalyst for growth and change.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    OP: I'd spend the other 6 hours at work trying to find out what other field I might like. Other people don't have that luxury.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Parang sa akin lang last year ang pinagawa lang nila sa akin ay basahin mga data and kelangan sign ko for final approval pero merong 2 people before me na ang nagbasa and nagbigay na ng approval kaya bale useless na din ginagawa ko dahil pirma nalang ginagawa ko.
    Last edited by jonski; January 29th, 2016 at 03:04 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Everyday wala akong ginagawa waiting na may gawin. Hindi nga kami nag uusap nang boss ko e. Kung kailan ko lang sya gusto kausapin saka kami mag uusap.

One thing na alam ko sa trabaho ko, pag may ginawa ako ibig sabihin hindi ako effective.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast