New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aioshin View Post
    Guys,

I work from IT, Davao ako, so hinde gano kadami malipatan for the Skill that I have. I am working mostly on Linux Servers. But there was a time na I am thinking of shifting, parang ayaw ko na nang IT, but you know, sometimes we need to reflect, maybe dahil sa outage dito, outage dyan, kahit anong oras, tatawagan, so pressured masyado but still able to handle though. So, what I did, I try to find some diversion. Hehe, pinasok ko short course na automotive... hehe, kasama ko mga mechanic sa 6 months na every saturday. at dun ko na realized, swerte pa rin naman trabaho ko. So ito, enjoy na lang what I have now, and maybe, will grow old with the company i am connected currently, yeah, there are a lot to learn everyday on the skills that I have, but I cant learn that all because we have to balance our time, we need to have time to family and dont use that time to extend work tasks when you are on off work. Just learn to teach your subordinate on basics para pwede mo maiwan trabaho mo.

Hehe, tama na din pag may extra time ka talaga, stock market will make you busy.
    OT: di ka naman taga ONB bro?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    Kung hindi ka member nang EXECOM... hindi mo ako maiintindihan sir.

One thing sir. Malaki difference nang Working Hard at working smart. Most people who work smart hindi mo napapansin na nagtratrabaho.

If you see people who work hard simply walang alam.
    Hindi ako member ng execom..akin ang oras ko at wala akong boss..
    Sa ngayon stock market ang pina aaral sa akin ni kumander.. hehe..
    Ramdam ko kasi na hindi ako magaling humawak ng tao. Kaya work na lang ako alone..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Thank you for your replies.

Don't get me wrong am I thankful every single day for having a stable job. I posted that wall of text rant last week because of extreme boredom and having no direction at work. I agree with the post about working smart. i'm never one to be called "hardworker'. It mostly applies to blue collar work where working more = more take home pay. in the office when the goal is to climb up, you should figure out how to work smart.

Going back
    I found out my manager is thinking of leaving. that makes me the next in line. If what happened to me for the past year (read update post re: my promotion) continues 2-3 more years, I may just be the most clueless GM/Director ever hahaha..

Work might just be my most unproductive time of the day. yes I can learn new stuff. yes I can start projects. yes I can improve processes. I can find time to coach my DRs. You know what, and correct me if I am wrong, But a job without direction sucks the life out of someone. It saps your energy and enthusiasm. your brain farts all day long in the office. it sucks.

PS: our boss scheduled a synch-up meeting last friday. a few hours before we all go home. who schedules a meeting on the last day of the week?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    Thank you for your replies.

Don't get me wrong am I thankful every single day for having a stable job. I posted that wall of text rant last week because of extreme boredom and having no direction at work. I agree with the post about working smart. i'm never one to be called "hardworker'. It mostly applies to blue collar work where working more = more take home pay. in the office when the goal is to climb up, you should figure out how to work smart.

Going back
    I found out my manager is thinking of leaving. that makes me the next in line. If what happened to me for the past year (read update post re: my promotion) continues 2-3 more years, I may just be the most clueless GM/Director ever hahaha..

Work might just be my most unproductive time of the day. yes I can learn new stuff. yes I can start projects. yes I can improve processes. I can find time to coach my DRs. You know what, and correct me if I am wrong, But a job without direction sucks the life out of someone. It saps your energy and enthusiasm. your brain farts all day long in the office. it sucks.

PS: our boss scheduled a synch-up meeting last friday. a few hours before we all go home. who schedules a meeting on the last day of the week?
    OT: my boss does.....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    You池e blessed, TS, whichever way I look at it. We work for money, maybe not all of us, but most, otherwise tambay na lang tayo, watching TV and guzzling beers all day sa bahay.

Though I知 not in a management role like you are, I can somehow relate to how you feel when not doing anything, no challenges on hand, no learning.
    I知 also in IT, writing complex codes, and I feel the lowest when I知 not doing anything, I get depressed at work, I feel so useless. Parang feeling ko anytime they can fire me, so the depression comes from thinking about job security, unlike siguro ikaw na hindi concerned gaano sa finances.
    Siguro your frustrations will be ten folds lalo na kung a$$hole ang team leader or boss mo, that you oftentimes imagining punching him in the face. I sometimes think about that, and a couple of times poured by frustration by punching the toilet walls.
    Swerte mo naman, dahil ako sa kalagayan mo, as long as I知 earning, I don稚 care if I知 learning, kasi ang learning part sa akin na yun, kahit di ko makuha sa work at hand, I always find time to teach myself something useful, something interesting pag nasa work ako, esp. one that will enhance my credentials. Marami lang siguro talagang dapat pag aralan pag nasa IT, kaya yun ang mindset ko.

So, do what you have to do to make you happy and hope that your next role is much better and blessed than what you have now.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    its discouraging really.

its exhausting doing nothing. minutes seem like hours and hours seem like days. I heard our brains are essentially a huge muscle. if that's the case then mine's probably gone. I don't exert any effort at all with this sh!t. less than 2 hrs of easy work and I am done for the day. No challenge, no mental stimulation, no effort required. 9 years ago I remember actually wanting to go to work for 5 days/week even If i had the option to do it in 4 by working longer each day. I was averaging 30-40 hrs OT/cutoff. that was how I liked it here. 2 re-orgs, 2 ownership changes, almost 10 years later, a lot has happened. Our responsibilities have been taken away from us. We now have essentially 2 teams of the same kind for each area because of the acquisition. We are probably doing less than 30% of what we used to do before and yet here i am. here I am 9 hours a day sitting in front of my PC aimlessly surfing the web with my usual rotation of websites. and there are like 5 of 'em including tsikot. it doesn't help that they're so strict with what you can and cannot browse.

I manage a team of 6 who can do their work even with half a brain. They're good people, love them. but this is going nowhere. I fake my enthusiasm because I don't want the discouragement to affect them. Can you imagine your boss, the one who hired you, lose every fibre of motivation? yeah I am starting to look like that.

I started applying months ago, but have only been getting interviews lately. rumor has it that for 2015, our company had talks with the other big players in our industry about our non-compete clause. A waiver would have to be signed by legal if they wanted to hire someone from us. That probably explains why come Dec 2015-Jan 2016, suddenly i got 3 calls from 2 different recruiters when I have been searching as early as January 2015. first one never got it going, 2nd one got me on a job interview. interview was good. I am still waiting if I can get that offer. I hope to God i do.

Sorry for ranting. I know a lot of guys would kill to be in this position and call me lucky getting paid doing jacksh!t but for those of you who know, know that it. is. awful.

You do not have to reply, and I am only ranting, but if you have ever had this kind of experience then please comfort me with your stories hahaha...ha ha.. *sobs*
    You did not do what is expected from you.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    work in the government... join the marines or the special forces... am sure you won't have time to rant anymore... and i tell you it is VERY REWARDING (with SSL 2015) and every day is a story to tell...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Me! I always ask my people to conduct a meeting for me sa last day/hour of the week... why? they review things that they missed and they plan ahead for the next week. I can test also there attitude towards work.

It's all about planning and things to discuss (topics ) not about the schedule meeting.Do you think you can be a good leader ( as you say you will be a clueless GM/Director) Leader vs. Motivator... Are you a Leader or a Motivator?

You are not a motivator... hindi mo kayang motivate ang sarili mo.
    Last edited by CLAVEL3699; February 2nd, 2016 at 02:09 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Ibig sabihin sir... madaming problema ang Planta. Yung mga Policy and Procedure are not working properly. Magulo ang systema nang mga line managers hanggang sa Line man.

Kung hindi ako nagtratrabaho means walang problema. Maganda ang output dapat chil chill lang.

Kung hindi ka member nang EXECOM... hindi mo ako maiintindihan sir.

One thing sir. Malaki difference nang Working Hard at working smart. Most people who work smart hindi mo napapansin na nagtratrabaho.

If you see people who work hard simply walang alam.
    hmmmm,,, good point

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hirap yan sinasabi nyo na walang direction sa work. So upper management does not say anything on your team's goals?

Baka naman midlife crisis lang kayo sir.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk