New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    its discouraging really.

its exhausting doing nothing. minutes seem like hours and hours seem like days. I heard our brains are essentially a huge muscle. if that's the case then mine's probably gone. I don't exert any effort at all with this sh!t. less than 2 hrs of easy work and I am done for the day. No challenge, no mental stimulation, no effort required. 9 years ago I remember actually wanting to go to work for 5 days/week even If i had the option to do it in 4 by working longer each day. I was averaging 30-40 hrs OT/cutoff. that was how I liked it here. 2 re-orgs, 2 ownership changes, almost 10 years later, a lot has happened. Our responsibilities have been taken away from us. We now have essentially 2 teams of the same kind for each area because of the acquisition. We are probably doing less than 30% of what we used to do before and yet here i am. here I am 9 hours a day sitting in front of my PC aimlessly surfing the web with my usual rotation of websites. and there are like 5 of 'em including tsikot. it doesn't help that they're so strict with what you can and cannot browse.

I manage a team of 6 who can do their work even with half a brain. They're good people, love them. but this is going nowhere. I fake my enthusiasm because I don't want the discouragement to affect them. Can you imagine your boss, the one who hired you, lose every fibre of motivation? yeah I am starting to look like that.

I started applying months ago, but have only been getting interviews lately. rumor has it that for 2015, our company had talks with the other big players in our industry about our non-compete clause. A waiver would have to be signed by legal if they wanted to hire someone from us. That probably explains why come Dec 2015-Jan 2016, suddenly i got 3 calls from 2 different recruiters when I have been searching as early as January 2015. first one never got it going, 2nd one got me on a job interview. interview was good. I am still waiting if I can get that offer. I hope to God i do.

Sorry for ranting. I know a lot of guys would kill to be in this position and call me lucky getting paid doing jacksh!t but for those of you who know, know that it. is. awful.

You do not have to reply, and I am only ranting, but if you have ever had this kind of experience then please comfort me with your stories hahaha...ha ha.. *sobs*

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Haha. Nung unang trabaho ko sa isang local bank halos wala din ako ginagawa. Sobrang bagot non. Parang yung isang araw mo eh isang linggo sa tagal. Badtrip pa non walang internet sa opis at hindi pa uso dataplan.

Ngayon sa dami naman ng trabaho ko gusto ko mag pa bench para ma relax muna. Pero sabi nung mga ka team ko na galing sa bench magsasawa ka din daw kasi ang bagal ng oras.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Dunno if it will apply to your field of work, but when i started out in IT, my first few months were quite relaxed. They said they would train me, but most of the time tambay lang. So i picked up the user manual for the minicomputer and started fiddling around, taught myself Linux, Windows etc by setting up a server from scratch/spare parts, etc( i had to go to HMR to buy surplus 1Mbps network cards coz they were so damn expensive back then). It would also be a good time to get your masteral/doctorate or any short courses habang di pa ganun kabugbog sa trabaho. imho the trick is to always keep learning, keep yourself relevant.

Of course, you can only do so much reading. Iba pa rin if your job really puts your skills to the test, diyan ka talaga gagaling. All the degrees, certifications etc in the world don't mean jack unless you apply it, because that's where you learn diskarte. Me naencounter kami dati, kumukuha ng masteral in ComSci....doesn't know how to use a browser :confused:

i'm not exactly young..to be honest i'm hesitant to look for other opportunities coz the pay is good here relative to the workload. Pero it is and has been boring/frustrating for some time now. And...i do get the feeling na bilang na oras ko dito sa kumpanya, for one reason or another.

Ang masasabi ko lang, if you do intend to find another job, do it as soon as possible. The farther along you go the harder it will be to do so, especially when you have commitments(family), expenses, etc. Of course it's best to have some emergency funds just in case you have trouble finding a job.
    Last edited by badkuk; January 29th, 2016 at 09:57 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I understand what you're saying....

We have our own stories to tell...

Not the best job in the world,- but puts food in our table, sends the kids to better schools, and affords us some level of comfort... Important too, in my opinion, is a good balance of work-life...

Now, unless I can find a job that is either more fulfilling and/or is equivalent(not necessarily equal) to what I am getting now,- then I guess I have to grit my teeth, keep my head up and continue on grinding.... ***No Complaints***

Of course, it is a different story if I were single and free....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

28.7K _/_/_/_/_/:superhero2:_/_/_/_/_/

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    i am sending you rant to your employer j/k

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Ganyan talaga TS kahit anong work nakakabagot lalo na kung ang ipinunta mo lang sa work ay sweldo, magtitiis ka talaga.
    Ako nga 20+ tauhan ko nakikita nila ako natutulog habang nakaupo sa computer haha dafaq!!
    Kumuha nga ako ngayun short course para change career

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Lagi ko ngang sinasabi sa mga kasama kong madaming reklamo sa work "be careful what you wish for".

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    alam ko sa corporate ginagawa yan halos wala ng trabaho na binibigay para mag resign yun employee.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ang sarap naman ang mga problema nyo.
    kasi i used to a job sa PMT na kahit mag-OT ako daily ay parating naghahabol sa dami ng trabaho to be accomplished. Pero mas grabe pa ang aking PM kasi i was sending email at 0300 hours in one particular morning and suddenly got a reply instantly. This happened once when i have a critical/urgent job to be done at literally na 24 hours ako awake and had to report the accomplishment at our 7am daily progress meeting.
    Along the way though, i have my fair share sa mga experience nyo... ang hirap tapusin ang isang shift even though i am still on 24/7 on-call basis pag nasa project (really hate those project issued phone).

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    May madaling work..pero ang laki ng responsibility.... miron namang mahirap ang work pero pag nagka mali ka e may sasalo pa sayo.. baka talino binabayaran sayo TS hindi yung galaw ng katawan mo..

As long the company is growing and your earning improve.. ok lang yan.. hanap ka na lang ng pagkakaabalahan. Like COC. Haha.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast