New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 351 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ If that's the case, pabili ka nalang sa tita mo. Matagal ko na rin nakita yung sa Sulit, but I don't like the idea of paying in advance. Gusto ko rin kaliwaan ang transaction. I had a chance to drop by HK last week kaya dun ko binili.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I should mention that it does NOT come with a micro-SDHC card. You'll have to purchase that separately. FWIW, I bought a 16GB Class 10 Kingmax micro-SDHC card. When buying memory, follow these guidelines:

1. It must have a speed class of Class 6 or higher. It records in 'almost' HD quality so transfer rate is crucial. That said, those cheap Class 4 micro-SDHC from CDR-King will probably choke and you'll end up with incomplete or corrupted videos
    2. The store where I got it from recommends a minimum size of 8GB
    3. The memory must be formatted while inserted in the DVR (Menu>Format Card). What it does is, it copies an application on it (JPlayer) which you can later run on a PC to view the videos (see last pic on my first post). The video files are stored in a hidden partition and only this program can see them. The videos can't be natively seen by Windows, afaik. However, you can use this program to export the videos to an AVI file to be saved in your hard disk, if you want.
    Last edited by oj88; May 8th, 2012 at 01:34 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Price depends on recording capacity. Some units can record 15 minute segments only even if your memory can store up to 12 hours, you will have multiple 15 minute files.
    This model saves videos in a seemingly proprietary format that only the included player (JPlayer) can view them. The files can't be seen using Windows Explorer.

Anyway, If you look at the screencap I posted, the DVR has a rather clever way of managing the videos. The lower pane are the recorded incidents. On the lower right, are the contents of a particular recorded duration. This way, you are given the option to export the whole trip or just specific portions of it.
    Last edited by oj88; May 8th, 2012 at 01:36 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    You can playback the videos from the device itself right?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Where did you have it installed?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Guys okay ba quality nung sa CDR King?

Yun lang nakita kong shop na may benta eh.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sabi ni foresterx hindi raw.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    *siacojin:

Yes, you can watch all recorded videos on the device.

*swordsman:

It's a DIY install. 30-minute job.

*Harangody:

My brother bought one but it only lasted a few months.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    * oj88: during playback, can you easily see plate numbers of cars while theyre moving? Just want to have an idea of the camera's resolution especially with moving objects. TIA!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    * oj88: during playback, can you easily see plate numbers of cars while theyre moving? Just want to have an idea of the camera's resolution especially with moving objects. TIA!
    Well, it's not a GoPro ;). Another thing is that it uses 'fish-eye' lenses so objects appear farther than they really are. That said, plate numbers only becomes readable when it's practically a few meters right in front of you.

You can opt for better resolution if you want, but there's a trade off. The DVR can record from both cameras simultaneously (by default), or just either the front or rear cameras. Recording from both cameras effectively halves the resolution of both video feeds. If you set it to use just one camera, it captures at full resolution.