New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 351 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    A few weeks ago, a truck backed into my car, damaging the front bumper and LTO plate+plate cover. The damage is relatively superficial but it did required "hot-pressing" the dented portion of the bumper and repainting. This has all been fixed.

Anyway, this got me thinking of "what if" scenarios. If it weren't for the bystanders, nobody could've witnessed what happened and the truck driver could've easily claimed that I hit him and I would've not been able to claim for damages. I've seen this happen on Youtube and many times a dashcam can pretty much give a definitive account of different traffic incidents and altercations for purposes of proving that you're NOT in the wrong, as the case may be.

This prompted me to install one. The model I got has two cameras and a built-in GPS (for recording speed, direction of travel, and the ability to view recorded videos in-synced with Google Maps later). It also has a 3D G-meter (X, Y, & Z). Not sure yet how the latter can be helpful other than to measure the amount of forces involved in an accident.

Pics!

The Blackbox's white box packaging:

The Blackbox (well, it's painted silver in front):

The GPS antennas for my existing HU's navigation unit (left) and the blackbox (right):

External view:

Driver's view:

Playback sample capture (Sorry for the censor. Shy ako.. lol):

All wires are tucked into the roof lining and practically 98% hidden from view. I like my installs to be as clean as possible.

And to those thinking kinky thoughts.... Nope, I'm very much happily married and the possibility of a scandal video ever happening is very remote.

But I do reserve the right turn it off, if necessary. :naughty2:

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    How much was it?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ Oh yeah, forgot to mention. I got it in HK for 600HKD (about PHP 3.3k). It is available on Sulit for around PHP 4.5k.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Mura na, ah.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    ui mura ha. i've been looking up at dashcams for weeks now.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Price depends on recording capacity. Some units can record 15 minute segments only even if your memory can store up to 12 hours, you will have multiple 15 minute files.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sir where exactly sa HK mo nakuha? TIA. Hehe may kakilala kasi akong pupunta ng HK this week, sakto nakita ko tong thread.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Can't remember the shop, pero nagkalat sa Apliu St., Sham Shui Po.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks sir oj.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    ^ Oh yeah, forgot to mention. I got it in HK for 600HKD (about PHP 3.3k). It is available on Sulit for around PHP 4.5k.
    1 seller lang nakita ko sa sulit 4,750 ang price kaso walang feedback at 5-7days daw kasi mang gagaling pa sa hongkong ang unit kaya pag bayad mo ng full mag aantay ka pa. medyo alanganin para sa akin yung ganon transaction. anyway tita ko naman parati pumupunta ng HK i just hope pumunta pa siya ulit this year. meron kasi ako ngayon galing cd-r king but i'm not satisfied with it.

Page 1 of 351 123451151101 ... LastLast