New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by levismakati View Post
    When u buy GPS device, especially here in the Philippines, u have to check its stability and usability. Alot of cheaper GPS devices in the market now, even assisted GPS phones being bundled by SMART and GLOBE with post paid plans, have no comprehensive maps. As per buyers, manipis masyado ang mapa.

Tulad ko I have N95 phone (assisted GPS phone), nagagamit ko ba ang GPS capabaility nya? Absolutely no!

Ako pala I was able to used my N95 8gb phone, by installing GMobileXT and copy the map of the phillipines from http://www.roadguide.ph/. Okay naman ang laking tulong although syempre yung version ng map ko is only basic not a contributor one. Pero solve narin me dahil most street dito sa metro manila accurate.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi to all.

This is my first time to post in this forum.

Just wanted to inform you that AVT launched a portable GPS AVT A800.

The maps are provided by Accu Map.

They are claiming 90% coverage for Luzon. 100% by June.

The device cost 18,500.

Let me know if anyone has already tried this.

Regards.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Boardmaster View Post
    Hi to all.

This is my first time to post in this forum.

Just wanted to inform you that AVT launched a portable GPS AVT A800.

The maps are provided by Accu Map.

They are claiming 90% coverage for Luzon. 100% by June.

The device cost 18,500.

Let me know if anyone has already tried this.

Regards.
    Reminder: read the threads before posting because exactly whatever you might be posting might have already been posted by someone else before you. Avoid doing a RE-POST.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    how about using a nokia N78? ubra kaya? anyone have this like of phone?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kideex View Post
    how about using a nokia N78? ubra kaya? anyone have this like of phone?
    Basta may gps receiver phone mo, you can use it provided you also have Garmin XT installed. But tell you what, the XT costs the same as the most basic standalone GPS navigator (Nuvi)...so why not buy the nuvi instead of XT...and have a better experience (wider screen, better processing speed) in navigation if you are serious in utilizing gps for day to day use. Just my two cents...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifan View Post
    Basta may gps receiver phone mo, you can use it provided you also have Garmin XT installed. But tell you what, the XT costs the same as the most basic standalone GPS navigator (Nuvi)...so why not buy the nuvi instead of XT...and have a better experience (wider screen, better processing speed) in navigation if you are serious in utilizing gps for day to day use. Just my two cents...
    Ako I installed Garmin mobile XT for free syempre you have to google it to figure out.
    Eto yung link for N95 mobile owner.

http://www.martin-gardner.co.uk/how-...r-n95-n95-8gb/

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifan View Post
    You can get a free copy of Garmin Mobile XT from the support pages of Garmin online. The only difference of the downloadable version from the retail version is that it will only work with an oem Garmin receiver. A Garmin receiver like the GPS10 can be bought for about half the price of the retail version of GMXT. So in this case, having a phone and external receiver is still a lot cheaper than a standalone.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    For iPhone users out there, there's finally a proper in-car nav application for the iPhone ... with real-time turn-by-turn voice prompts.

It's the Navigon Mobile Navigator.

I've already tried the PDA version of the app (which was posted here earlier). But since it uses NAVTEQ maps, I don't think there's a Philippine map for it yet. I hope I'm wrong.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    mga sirs, im really interested with the cartsthetics 2din w/gps product but then again i dont want to throw some cash on something that doesnt cover my needs. well specifically navigation.

I went there earlier this afternoon to check out the unit. it's nice and all but to my disapointment, the navigation feature cannot be auditioned directly sa HU. In short, we ended up with this small sized touch screen device thats operated by the same software that they sell with the same map. Me and my gf did some tweaking of our own with the gadget and we cant seem to find our houses (filinvest batasan and fairview respectively). the lady said the maps on the device is not updated yet.

My questions, has anyone tried their product? does it feature minor streets of communities coz we cant seem to find ours? can we actually download their maps and view how much streets they have included?tyia

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frontandcenter View Post
    My questions, has anyone tried their product? does it feature minor streets of communities coz we cant seem to find ours? can we actually download their maps and view how much streets they have included?tyia
    In my case I used NAVFONE on my GPS equipped nokia phone. For areas in metro manila (including up to alabang) the streets including minor one are locatable to street level. For other areas like Makati and Ortigas, it can guide me to the building.

My map is made for the NAVFONE software only. I have updated my map last year so it's still pretty much updated for 99.99% of the area covered. As for other GPS devices, you should check what compatibilty they use. Most popular are the Garmin maps. But if your device uses a specific format, unless the manufacturer releases an update, you are out of luck.