New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    AFAIK pwede yung freewebs Philippine map diyan sa StreetPilot 7200. I've browsed the available maps for the StreetPilot 7200 and it also uses Garmin City Navigator NT maps ... the same type of map for Garmin Nuvi's that also use the freewebs Philippine map.

I'm not familiar with the Pioneer AVH(?)-P6850. If it doesn't have an accessory like a GPS module then maybe you can just use a small portable GPS with a Video-Line output and feed it to the P6850's Video-In ... if all you're after is a bigger GPS screen.
    thanks sir! :D

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    [SIZE=2]Ganito ba kalapad ang hanap mo na widescreen?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just showing what I explained earlier … [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The satnav is the PDA at the base of the TV. It’s an O2 XDA Serra (aka HTC Touch Pro) which has a built-in GPS receiver with A-GPS support.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Here it is with the keyboard open. It can output video whatever’s on the PDA screen and can accept a memory card up to 32GB. I took it after being disappointed with the iPhone 3G’s GPS application. My wife’s happy with the iPhone though.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]---[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Weeks ago I chanced upon an old PDA at a garage sale. It was a Fujitsu-Siemens Pocket Loox 610 running on WinMobile 2003. It doesn’t have a built-in phone, it has no camera, and no WiFi … but it has Bluetooth. And for £3 it was dirt-cheap. All I have to do is install an application and pair it with a Bluetooth GPS receiver and then …[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]an instant satnav system running Garmin Mobile XT. It may be old, but it still gives the same routes as modern satnav systems do, specifically Garmins. It’s even loaded with detailed street maps for the whole of Western Europe.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Admittedly, the GPS receiver is more expensive … but prices are going down. The first Bluetooth receiver I bought cost me £45 a few years ago. The one I bought 2 weeks ago, a Navman B10, was only £15 … built with one of the best chipsets around – a SiRF III.[/SIZE]

Just a bit bigger than a matchbox, it slips perfectly in your pocket and you can leave it there while using it.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    And the rest … for a bit of GPS show-and-tell.

Navman ICN-510 with SiRF 2 chipset. A standalone portable satnav … my first one. It also has the optional external antenna which I hadn’t bothered using since the sensitivity was good enough, and an IR remote control which is great for a lazy driver like me.

Sony Ericsson P910i with an external QSTARZ BT receiver (MTK chipset). My first mobile phone-based satnav. It is actually better than the Navman because of 1) the software is Tomtom and 2) the receiver is better than a SiRF III.

Nokia N70. Giving an old phone another use. No issues pairing with BT receivers. A bit slow on refreshing the screen.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005

O2 XDA Exec (aka HTC Universal). Shown while docked on a windshield mount with a built-in audio amplifier and Bluetooth GPS receiver (SiRF III chipset). Big screen, big sound. Served well as an in-car satnav and video player.

Nokia N95 with a built-in GPS receiver (TI chipset). My first mobile phone with a built-in GPS receiver. Quite disappointed with the receiver’s performance, which is worse than my oldest satnav.

O2 XDA Orbit (aka HTC P3300) with a built-in GPS receiver. My previous favorite. Its shortcomings (on RAM/ROM and CPU speed) when using iGo were the reasons why I chose the XDA Serra.

iPhone 3G with built-in GPS receiver and A-GPS support. Just a locator with no navigation application.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    My Samsung i780 with Garmin Mobile XT.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    My Samsung i780 with Garmin Mobile XT.

OT - ganda sir ng lalagyan ng phone nyo - san nakakabili nito? TIA

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ Sa Bridgeway, tabi ng V.Mall, Greenhills.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    mga sirs, san makakabili ng Garmin? meron ba dito sa atin or online purchase ito? TIA

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rsscertified View Post
    OT - ganda sir ng lalagyan ng phone nyo - san nakakabili nito? TIA
    Sa CDR-King may mga winshield mounted mobile/pda phones holder mga P150.00

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'm still testing the GPS in my Nokia E90.

I'd appreciate for any tips or suggestions.

:car: [SIZE="1"]4164[/SIZE]