New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 36 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    some comparisons between AVT and Garmin Gps... kindly check this link: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....79&postcount=9

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Thank you for the link liv =)

I actually bought the AVT unit from Toyota today though I haven't had much time to play around with it yet.

Initial thoughts are that the suction cup mechanism to install it isn't quite pleasing aesthetically, more so with all the wires running down the console. The display is so tiny that I have to lean in to actually read the text (and my eyesight is fine!). Though I am not a Manila resident, I do go there often so have yet to test out it's navigation. I live in Pampanga and AVT only offers a very rudimentary map of the area (major streets & highways) so hopefully that would be updated soon.

Anyone know if we can contribute to update the map?

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    you're welcome sir. welcome to the GPS world!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    from Motoring Today...

Don’t get lost – get the AVT Navigator A800
    There’s now in the country the first locally supported portable GPS navigation system that features a high resolution touch screen color display, SD/MMC card slot, multimedia functionality and voice prompt technology.

I’m no techie so all that jargon sounded Greek to me but when I was told that, “Even the confusing array of u-turns in Metro Manila aren’t a deterrent to the AVT Navigator A800 as it has the most up to date traffic routing schemes for the metro Manila Area”, then I was figuring out this must be something. If you can figure out the ever-changing u-turns in the Metro and the similarly unending experimental traffic routing schemes of the MMDA – you must be good.

Levity aside, this new gadget claims that with it you can travel anywhere in the country with confidence because the AVT Navigator A800 has almost all the major roads of the provinces in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. And it can be fun as it is voice-prompt directing you turn by turn.

Incidentally, your pocket would be 18,500 pesos lighter when you get one.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    may maps ng philippines sa nokia. pero sad to say, not detailed...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    may maps ng philippines sa nokia. pero sad to say, not detailed...
    The Nokia 6110 Navigator has detailed road maps for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu. They can also be updated through the software maker's website. Requires purchase but I think it's worth the money.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i updated my phone via nokia's software. assume ko na they have philippine map, a fully detailed one pero wala... good news sa mga naka 5800, garmin released a version compatible sa 5800. available for download na.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Great News!
    Heard Accu-map is going to release free update every month and they are about to release one. They had correct all reported errors and also included additonal map coverage and POIs for selected areas.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by k19k19 View Post
    Great News!
    Heard Accu-map is going to release free update every month and they are about to release one. They had correct all reported errors and also included additonal map coverage and POIs for selected areas.
    sounds like a marketing ploy to get more people to buy their more expensive product by adding better value for your money.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Who has the best price for NUVI 200? Nagtanong ako sa mga car shops, P12,000 daw.