New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Thanks a lot straight six! well explained. I guess I wont bother using GPS on the Iphone since it is not as reliable here as it is in the States.

Gracias amigo...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    * DBanker - Best to just try adding a small video file on the SD card. Try converting a small video file into different formats (.AVI, .MP4, etc.) and see if it'll work on your GPS device. WinAVI Video Converter is a good software for conversions, and it's free. Just don't forget to make a backup copy of your original SD card. And If the file won't fit on the SD card (because of capacity), try another SD card.

It'll most probably work ... if you use the right video format.

---

* jbserbael - You're welcome. But keep your ears open ... Some people may have a different opinion on the iPhone's GPS.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I'm using an Ipaq 612c with MapKing 2007. works ok

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    * DBanker - Best to just try adding a small video file on the SD card. Try converting a small video file into different formats (.AVI, .MP4, etc.) and see if it'll work on your GPS device. WinAVI Video Converter is a good software for conversions, and it's free. Just don't forget to make a backup copy of your original SD card. And If the file won't fit on the SD card (because of capacity), try another SD card.

It'll most probably work ... if you use the right video format.
    - okey sir... thanks much!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    In a matter of few months, Google has improved its Philippines map.
    Check out:http://www.google.com/mapmaker

Even includes buildings, gasoline stations, etc.

I'm sure it will get better in the few months.... something to look out for.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008

question mga sir....
    lahat ba ng gps na garmin ay nagana dito sa pilipinas? lalo na ang GARMIN STREETPILOT 7200, i am planning to buy that kind of model because of wide wide screen. and i also have a 2 din head unit of pioneer P6850 dvd in my car, pde ko ba lagyan un ng gps at san nakakabili ng panglagay dun? or ano mas maganda ko gawin dun to have gps. tnx

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Naghahanap din ako ng reliable GPS na madali sundin yung map gaya ng sa 3 series ng BMW. Meron ba map from Lagun - Metro Manila - Pangasinan?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by engr_mjbperez View Post

question mga sir....
    lahat ba ng gps na garmin ay nagana dito sa pilipinas? lalo na ang GARMIN STREETPILOT 7200, i am planning to buy that kind of model because of wide wide screen. and i also have a 2 din head unit of pioneer P6850 dvd in my car, pde ko ba lagyan un ng gps at san nakakabili ng panglagay dun? or ano mas maganda ko gawin dun to have gps. tnx
    AFAIK pwede yung freewebs Philippine map diyan sa StreetPilot 7200. I've browsed the available maps for the StreetPilot 7200 and it also uses Garmin City Navigator NT maps ... the same type of map for Garmin Nuvi's that also use the freewebs Philippine map.

I'm not familiar with the Pioneer AVH(?)-P6850. If it doesn't have an accessory like a GPS module then maybe you can just use a small portable GPS with a Video-Line output and feed it to the P6850's Video-In ... if all you're after is a bigger GPS screen.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Naghahanap din ako ng reliable GPS na madali sundin yung map gaya ng sa 3 series ng BMW. Meron ba map from Lagun - Metro Manila - Pangasinan?
    Di ba ang GPS sa BMW-Philippines eh Garmin Nuvi din? I remember a thread somewhere here in tsikot announcing that. And among the different Garmin Nuvi models, the basic functions and layout are all the same ... even that of Garmin Mobile XT that runs on phones or PDA's.

So you really don't have to look further.

Unless you're talking about the BMW Business/Professional Navigation Systems ... which can easily cost in the UK as much as an older car (like an E36) - £1.5k to £2k as an option for new cars but much much more expensive as a retrofit.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Nokia 6110 Navigator has a pretty good GPS system but map is limited to Metro Manila up to just past Susana Heights on the south bound area.

Other Philippine maps can be added but limited to Davao, Boracay, and Cebu so far.