New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    JohnnyD: You mentioned on other forum that you have the ability to conduct real-time GPS reading (that's my understanding). Remember the laguna lake tour. I have also visited waypoints.ph and it gives the gps reading of most destination.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I just found out na sa Handango ay mayroon ng GPS software for smart phone like SE P910i which I happen to have bought a month ago. At ang good news is may map sila ng buong south east asia including Philippines.

So anyone interested check it out in www.handango.com

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Mga Bro's

Kung may PDA kayo or smart phone you can use Vito smart map from www.handango.com.
    They also have maps of south east asian countries including Pinas.
    But you need to have Bluetooh GPS to work with your PDA or phone since walang built in GPS ang mga phone and most PDA's.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    check ko nga. may bluetoth na ang Tungsten T ko. GPS na lang.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Originally posted by Field Master
    JohnnyD: You mentioned on other forum that you have the ability to conduct real-time GPS reading (that's my understanding). Remember the laguna lake tour. I have also visited waypoints.ph and it gives the gps reading of most destination.
    gps units can record coordinates, so as you go along a route you create wayoints. this is a basic feature of gps units. at the return leg, you can reverse the sequence of your recorded waypoints w/ the last wp as the first target. when you reached the first wp within 50m (depends on setting) the next wp is displayed & so on & so forth. tried using gps in a jet, ok naman. it still gives heading, speed, gps coordinates. sayang lang we don't have detailed maps of philippine cities kaya automated navigation is no use here.

you can visit waypoints.ph if you want to get gps coodinates of tourist spots, places of interest, etc. here in the philippines. the wapoints are by no means complete & the website accepts waypoint contris. check it out.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Originally posted by Tokong67
    I just found out na sa Handango ay mayroon ng GPS software for smart phone like SE P910i which I happen to have bought a month ago. At ang good news is may map sila ng buong south east asia including Philippines.

So anyone interested check it out in www.handango.com
    please correct me if i am wrong, but you still need a gps receiver with bluetooth & this gadget does not have an lcd screen (am i right?) because you will be using the screen of your laptop/pda or your smartphone. the prices of bluetooth receivers i saw ranged from $200 to $900. bulky pa because you will be bringing 2 pieces of equipment. better get a regular gps and we still don't have the detailed city maps of the philippines not like in the us & europe. maybe meron na nga but it is for commercial use & is expensive.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa p910i lang ba?. merun kaya for 9500? hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    http://www.deluoelectronics.com/cust...ome.php?cat=13

Check this out.

you can buy compact flash, our SD type, USB type or small like beeper type GPS unit for as low as 24 US dollars...
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=145137

then in here ang software with only costs 29.95

and for the map of Pinas it's here:
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformSear...arch=Smart+map

which only costs 4 US dollar

A map of Philippines. Good for intercity travels with SmartMap.

Layers include:
    Towns
    Settlements
    Airports
    Roads
    Railroads
    Rivers
    Inland water
    Administrative borders
    International borders
    Trees

And for odell ....
    lucky for you it works with 9500 (are you talking about Nokia)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    this is my favorite...
    you can use it mobile (8 hours battery time)or in your car, with car adaptor.

you can also use it with your PDA, laptop desktop or smartphone.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    http://www.deluoelectronics.com/cust...&cat=13&page=1

sorry nalimutan kong i paste ang address

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast