New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by inekem View Post
    Ginagamit ko ang aking Nexus 7 kung hindi ako pamilyar sa lugar na pupuntahan. Tatlo ang nakainstall kong Gps: Tomtom,Sygic at IGO Primo.

Ganda ng tablet holder mo Sir saan mo yan nabili? And how much?

Sent from {device_name} for [os_platform] using Tsikot Forums Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    A dedicated GPS is usually a no-brainer for most but the lack of ways to upgrade a GPS's firmware the easy way always one of the biggest drawback. Not to mention the upgrade isn't usually free or abundant.

I've been using my iP5's google maps since owning it last January and it never fail to amaze me. I just kept it plugged in the charger to avoid battery issues.
    The reliability is top-notch (when all you need is directions from point a to point b) and the added features are just icing on the cake.
    I have an in-built gps in my Nav but the last time I used it, it led me to an unknown road and ended up travelling farther than usual.
    I won't say it was the Nav's fault. More of me not learning how to use it properly.

I've heard Apple's own Maps has night mode already, but I prefer Google maps so I haven't tried it yet.
    Last edited by greatauror28; November 5th, 2013 at 07:09 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by inekem View Post
    Ginagamit ko ang aking Nexus 7 kung hindi ako pamilyar sa lugar na pupuntahan. Tatlo ang nakainstall kong Gps: Tomtom,Sygic at IGO Primo.

Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Ganda ng tablet holder mo Sir saan mo yan nabili? And how much?

Sent from {device_name} for [os_platform] using Tsikot Forums Mobile App
    oo nga. san nakakabili ng ganyan?

BTT: OK naman ang Google Maps. Actually pwede mo sya gamitin kahit hindi always ON ang data mo. Ako ginagawa ko search lang ng ruta, then pag nakapili na ng route, pwede na patayin yung data. OK na kahit GPS na lang naka-ON, gagana pa din kahit yung turn-by-turn voice guidance. Yun nga lang once na umiba ka ng daan, hindi sya mag-re-reroute, need mo i-ON ulit yung data para mag-reroute sya.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I am wondering bakit di sikat sa thread na to ang Nokia / Here Maps on Nokia SmartPhones for GPS Navigation.
    Dahil ba sa hindi Android/iOS and OS ng Nokia

True Offline Turn by Turn Voice Navigation without the need for 3G Connection ang GPS sa Nokia SmartPhones.

Tested ko na to. Locally and Internationally.

Try niyo guys and you would not regret it although pahirapan ng makakita ng Symbian na Nokia. Karamihan Lumia (Windows Phoen na)
    Nonetheless, those Lumias still have Offline GPS.

And Nokia supplies GPS to major car manufacturers.

Note that the Nokia bought by Microsoft is the cellphone business only and not the Network and Technology Division.
    Last edited by nels76; November 5th, 2013 at 08:49 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nels76 View Post
    I am wondering bakit di sikat sa thread na to ang Nokia / Here Maps on Nokia SmartPhones for GPS Navigation.

True Offline Turn by Turn Voice Navigation without the need for 3G Connection ang GPS sa Nokia SmartPhones.

Try niyo guys and you would not regret it although pahirapan ng makakita ng Symbian na Nokia. Karamihan Lumia (Windows Phoen na)

Note that the Nokia bought by Microsoft is the cellphone business only and not the Network and Technology Division.
    It isn't popular since trying to look for Nokia nowadays is even more rare than Cherry Mobiles or Alcatels. (Obviously, I'm exaggerating a bit.. hell, I might not even be).

Nokia selling their hardware business to Microsoft is the equivalent of Nike selling off their shoes to some other corporation. Kahit ano gawin mo, Nokia = Finnish handset maker. It's never about network and technology.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012

There's no such thing as "offline GPS." I think you're confusing GPS with maps. You can always use GPS without a mobile connection. You just need to have maps saved in your phone -- yes, offline maps -- and the right GPS software, of course. And it's the same for all operating systems.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006

symbian running maps? seriously?

i would better use traditional paper map than nokia on symbian

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENMasterTYL View Post
    symbian running maps? seriously?

i would better use traditional paper map than nokia on symbian
    You don't know what you're saying or might not have used it yet.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    So you're comparing maps running on symbian vs android/ios?

And you're wondering why symbian is not popular? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    It isn't popular since trying to look for Nokia nowadays is even more rare than Cherry Mobiles or Alcatels. (Obviously, I'm exaggerating a bit.. hell, I might not even be).

Nokia selling their hardware business to Microsoft is the equivalent of Nike selling off their shoes to some other corporation. Kahit ano gawin mo, Nokia = Finnish handset maker. It's never about network and technology.
    That is definitely exaggeration of course .

Maybe you need to do some research on which Nokia business is earning and which is not.

They have been in the Mapping and Location business since 2001, ahead from Google.
    It even provides the navigation services and location solutions to other businesses such as Garmin, BMW, Oracle and Amazon.com.