New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Tan View Post
    Sa mga nabiktima, baka, may group/ individual/s out here who can "lobby" for/ in behalf of "Ondoy" victims, against this insurance company & others. Yung marangal and talagang tutulong, para sa mga simple people.
    The Insurance Commission, you have to let the know.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    nagkaron ako ng collision damage kanina lang badtrip tong jeepney...anyway Peoples General Insurance din ang car ko.. nagwoworry tuloy ako dahil baka magkaproblema rin ang pagclaim.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    iyong sa akin two weeks na wala pa rin resulta. baka meron naman taga-people's dito na puwedeng tumulong

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rackhound View Post
    iyong sa akin two weeks na wala pa rin resulta. baka meron naman taga-people's dito na puwedeng tumulong
    Sir, email nyo sa akin scan copy of your OR and policy.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    Sir, email nyo sa akin scan copy of your OR and policy.
    *Mark_t,
    kanina lang ako pumunta ng isuzu pasig para iprocess ang insurance claim ko sa Peoples Gen if ever magkaron ng problem. I will keep in-touch with you and send the details of may car and insurance.
    thanks.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    thanks mark_t. nag-follow up na iyong ahente hintay ko na lang muna kung ano resulta.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Hi.

Dunno if this would help but anyway ..

I used to work for an insurance company. And I am good friends with the owner. Just to clarify, the company is not People's Gen ... hehehe.

Had a chat re the Ondoy effect to insurance companies. Many insurance companies are operating in the red for 2009 and even for 2010 because of the massive destruction caused by Ondoy not only to cars, but also to commercial establishments and factories, warehouses, etc.

My point is, this is the time na malalaman mo if the insurance company is operating looking on a short term basis or long term basis.

Kwento ng friend ko na abunado sila (all stockholders of the insurance company) for the year 2009. But swerte sila in that all stockholders understood & accepted the fact that this was a freaky incident and that in any business, there will be times na kikita ka, there will be times na malulugi ka. Of course, mas madalas yung kumikita ... hehehe

Anyway .. to help you out a bit, here are some things you should know that might help you in your case vs People's Gen.

1. Document everything. When making a follow-up whether to Honda or People's Gen, put it in writing and have them receive it indicating also the date of receipt.
    I know this is a really big hassle since you have to go their address physically but any verbal communication or negotiation will just be denied and useless in front of the Insurance Commission or any court.

2. File the case at the Insurance Commission. Dont let it go until you have everything fully settled. Why ? Because insurance companies get their 'permit' or 'license to operate' with the approval of the Insurance commission. And they have to renew it every so often. If your complaint is there, they will have no choice but to acknowledge it (and hopefully settle it). This is why you have to do step 1 because they might contest your case in front of the IC. Ito ang alas mo. If they cannot renew their 'license to operate', their company cannot do business.

3. If possible, find other people in the same dilemma and file the complaint together. Parang class action suit ba ... this would make your case more solid since it would establish the business practices of Peoples Gen based on multiple claimants.

4. If i'm not mistaken, kung umabot ng 40% or 60% ang damage sa car mo, they will have to replace it. Repair is not an option. Just to be sure, check your policy if there are such details. Now you know why they are trying to give you the runaround ... its a big amount involved.

5. Hoping that you know your insurance agent personally, patulong ka. They have more leverage to collect claims in that they bring more clients to People's Gen. If he says he cannot help you, be cautious. I cannot advise you though if you would want his help documenting your case. On one hand, his written testimony would make your case stronger. On the other, he's making money from People's Gen so baka biased siya and will only 'sumbong' to People's Gen what you are planning.

Sorry for the long email. Hope this helps and you get your claim soon.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoteng View Post
    Hi.

Dunno if this would help but anyway ..

I used to work for an insurance company. And I am good friends with the owner. Just to clarify, the company is not People's Gen ... hehehe.

Had a chat re the Ondoy effect to insurance companies. Many insurance companies are operating in the red for 2009 and even for 2010 because of the massive destruction caused by Ondoy not only to cars, but also to commercial establishments and factories, warehouses, etc.

My point is, this is the time na malalaman mo if the insurance company is operating looking on a short term basis or long term basis.

Kwento ng friend ko na abunado sila (all stockholders of the insurance company) for the year 2009. But swerte sila in that all stockholders understood & accepted the fact that this was a freaky incident and that in any business, there will be times na kikita ka, there will be times na malulugi ka. Of course, mas madalas yung kumikita ... hehehe

Anyway .. to help you out a bit, here are some things you should know that might help you in your case vs People's Gen.

1. Document everything. When making a follow-up whether to Honda or People's Gen, put it in writing and have them receive it indicating also the date of receipt.
    I know this is a really big hassle since you have to go their address physically but any verbal communication or negotiation will just be denied and useless in front of the Insurance Commission or any court.

2. File the case at the Insurance Commission. Dont let it go until you have everything fully settled. Why ? Because insurance companies get their 'permit' or 'license to operate' with the approval of the Insurance commission. And they have to renew it every so often. If your complaint is there, they will have no choice but to acknowledge it (and hopefully settle it). This is why you have to do step 1 because they might contest your case in front of the IC. Ito ang alas mo. If they cannot renew their 'license to operate', their company cannot do business.

3. If possible, find other people in the same dilemma and file the complaint together. Parang class action suit ba ... this would make your case more solid since it would establish the business practices of Peoples Gen based on multiple claimants.

4. If i'm not mistaken, kung umabot ng 40% or 60% ang damage sa car mo, they will have to replace it. Repair is not an option. Just to be sure, check your policy if there are such details. Now you know why they are trying to give you the runaround ... its a big amount involved.

5. Hoping that you know your insurance agent personally, patulong ka. They have more leverage to collect claims in that they bring more clients to People's Gen. If he says he cannot help you, be cautious. I cannot advise you though if you would want his help documenting your case. On one hand, his written testimony would make your case stronger. On the other, he's making money from People's Gen so baka biased siya and will only 'sumbong' to People's Gen what you are planning.

Sorry for the long email. Hope this helps and you get your claim soon.
    Ang problema yon mga hindi dumaan sa agent/broker hence hindi nila
    alam kung sino servicing agent nila, so walang service. Yon mga
    me problema mapapansin mo walang servicing agent. So paano
    nangyari yon? most does not even have an OR. You have all these
    marketing people saying you can save by not having a broker which
    is not true in a regulated industry. Insurance should always be
    sold by a licensed agent/broker period. Wag ka bibili sa kalaban mo
    sa chess lang.

As a broker you make money in servicing your client in selling the policy
    or claiming on the policy. Parating me pera dyan.
    So kahit sa claims nag aagawan pa rin ang mga ahente.
    Lalo na yon mga ahente na nag specialize sa recoveries.

Always make sure you have a policy and an OR. Even when it
    is free. I assure, you paid for it. In taxation, exemption is the exception.
    So look for that document tax or your policy does not exist.
    Last edited by mark_t; April 24th, 2010 at 06:56 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rackhound View Post
    thanks mark_t. nag-follow up na iyong ahente hintay ko na lang muna kung ano resulta.
    mga 3 days ata LOA sa Peoples from what I heard.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    araw araw ko na lang kinukulit ang ahente nasa accounting na raw iyong LOA. Bossing Tholitz kumusta na iyong claim mo sa kanila?

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Do not purchase any insurance from PEOPLE'S GENERAL INSURANCE!!!