New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rackhound View Post
    araw araw ko na lang kinukulit ang ahente nasa accounting na raw iyong LOA. Bossing Tholitz kumusta na iyong claim mo sa kanila?
    April 18 : nangyari yung accident.
    April 19: nakuha yung police report.
    April 20: naisubmit ko sa Isuzu Pasig lahat ng requirements, policy, police report, or ng policy, OR/CR. Nainspect din ng service advisor kung anong gagawin pero wala pang nagawang Repair Estimate
    April 23: afternoon nakuha yung LOA.

Yung experience ko with the Isuzu Casa ibang story naman yun which i posted in Isuzu forum. So far naging okay naman ung experience with Peoples General.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *rackhound, any update with your claim? Ako rin, more than 3 months na, wala pa ring update. pag nag-follow-up ako sa Tomas Morato branch nila, madalas naka-vacation leave pa yung agent....

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    [quote=amorhiezl;1486566]
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis2009 View Post
    Just want to share you my bad experience with People's General Insurace for my claims.
    I purchased Altis 1.6G at Toyota Cabanatuan with in house People's General Insurace last October 2009. I have an agreement with the insurance company to settle my balance within 90days. January 9, 2010 I fully paid my insurance. I had an accident last March 12, 2010 and thinking of claiming on my insurance company. April 10, 2010 I went to Toyota Alabang to have my car repaired and process my claims.
    I was able to submit all the requirements on April 14, 2010 to the insurance coordinator of Toyota Alabang and told me that she will inform me if my claims were already approved by Peoples's General Insurance.
    I waited 2 weeks for approval, but thay have no updates. I went to Toyota Alabang to followup and they assisted me to talk to an insurance coordinator of People's General and they told me that I still have balance to pay(WTF!! I already fully paid my balance since January 9 and that time is already the month of April). I told them that I already fully paid my insurance, still they insisted that I still have a balance.. I just went home.. Again the following week I wen to Toyota Alabang and call People's General main office. They told me na "Sir naka hold pa yung approval kasi may balance pa kayo"(**** talaga!! hindi pa nila na update yung account ko!!). Yesterday 11AM May 20, 2010 I went again to Toyota Alabang and they assisted me to talk to People's General. Approved na daw e-fax na daw sa Toyota Alabang. I waited until 2PM but they were still not able to fax my approval. Tinawagan ko ulit sila ng 3PM at kinausap ko(galit na galit na talaga ako!! sabi ko hindi ako aalis dito sa Toyota Alabang hangang hindi nyo nai-fax yung approval ko!!). After 1 minute na fax yung approval ko!! Grabe!! kailangan pa bang magalit ang customer bago nila gawin yung trabaho nila?

I waited 5 weeks for my insurance claim approval and waited 4hours just to fax my approval!! After reading my bad experience at People's General Insurance, would you still get your car an insurance from them? It's up to you guys. Just sharing my experience!! I already made my decision, I will never get an insurance from them again![/quote

mabilis na po yang 5weeks sir, at least nakapagclaims po tayo, me processing po kasi talaga.. at ang importante, hndi po sila fly by night insurance, nagbabayad pa rin po sila di ba? ANg madalas po kasi problema jan, yung mga dealers po hndi nila agad binabayad yung payment natin sa insur.co. kaya mas maganda po direkta nyo na po ang bayad nyo sa insur. Hndi lang po masabi ng peoples sa mga client yun dahil masisira ang Dealers.ayaw po nilang manira at saka po di baleng sila ang maging kawawa sa mga client...kung alam nyo lang po ang ginagawang kabutihan ng meari ng peoples sa mga taong mahihirap at mesakit, matulungin po sila at makaDiyos.I can prove it to you..thanx God bless...
    langya 5 weeks pala mabilis na sa People yung insurance ko wala pang 5 days approve na yan ang mabilis Own Damage pa yung claim ko

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [quote=nervenllarena;1535291]
    Quote Originally Posted by amorhiezl View Post

langya 5 weeks pala mabilis na sa People yung insurance ko wala pang 5 days approve na yan ang mabilis Own Damage pa yung claim ko
    Even though my experience with Peoples was not bad at all but upon reading this I changed my Insurance to Federal Phoenix.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Please pardon my stupidity.. what is LOA? I also have a claim in my insurance (Pioneer) for OD bumper. I have submitted the requirements a week ago including the casa estimate.

Normally, how many days does it take for the insurance to review and approve the claim??

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by migs267 View Post
    Please pardon my stupidity.. what does LOA means? I also have a claim in my insurance (Pioneer) for OD bumper. I have submitted the requirements a week ago including the casa estimate.

Normally, how many days does it take for the insurance to review and approve the claim??
    meaning L-etter O-f A-pproval i think if im not mistaken me too nagclaim din sa insurance (Malayan) it takes LOA for 3 days recieve na ng casa, natagalan lang sa piyesa almost three weeks bago napalitan ang buong bumper sasakyan ko (Strada) oh btw kasi sa Manila pa manggagaling ang LOA kasi sa Mindanao pa ako cheeers

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TechieN00b View Post
    Well, if 5 weeks is fast for you, I WOULD NEVER buy an insurance from People's General.

In my experience in driving, I already ha my own share of accidents -- two to boot. I got reared. The first one, warak hanggang trunk lid . The scond one was a minor bumber repair.

In both cases, I got an LOA in 3 days MAX! Company's were Premiere and Fortune Insurance.

Currently with "Zurich" Insurance. Don;t know how fast they are but I do hope they don't take 5 weeks ;).

Anyways, ayos tong thread na ito ha, meron ding mga defenders. Mga joined date June (2010) and first post is to defend the insurance company. No offense ha, I prolly would do the same thing if I'm a broker... 'probably' .
    Sorry but I have a case here in my table of a burned Pajero (april incident)
    The insurer is Fortune General, it is now Aug. 15 2010 and still no LOA.
    I asked around (I happened to ask a agent of Peoples and his reply is_

"Panahon pa ni Marcos hindi na nagbabayad yan."

I believed him.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    Sorry but I have a case here in my table of a burned Pajero (april incident)
    The insurer is Fortune General, it is now Aug. 15 2010 and still no LOA.
    I asked around (I happened to ask a agent of Peoples and his reply is_

"Panahon pa ni Marcos hindi na nagbabayad yan."

I believed him.
    If that is true, then INUTIL ang Insurance Commission natin. If the Insurance Commission is even 1/2 effective, dapat matagal na napatigil ang operasyon ng Fortune General na yan.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I've had my vehicles insured with People's Gen from 2004 to 2008. Sa awa ng diyos, back then, nung maaksidente yung 1 sasakyan, naka claim naman ako. That was the only time I made a claim with them.

Pero mismo yung agent namin ang nagsabi na huwag na kami mag -renew sa People's Gen come renewal 2009. Hirap na daw mag-claim. This was corroborated by another insurance agent who adviced me to steer away from People's Gen -- dami na daw naiipit sa mga claims. And this was even before ONDOY happened.

IMO, pana-panahon lang naman yan. I guess People's Gen was OK when it was starting. But who knows how it was (mis)-managed in the following years?

Lahat namang ng insurance providers may horror stories kang maririnig. No exceptions.

Kaya pag dating sa insurance, we should keep our eyes and ears open para we can pick the better insurance agency to put our money into.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    People's Gen have always had their share of bad reputation, along with a host of few other insurance providers. But I agree with you Sir Leon that every company has their share of horror stories. There are companies that are really very "choosy" in paying their claims. They really have every intention of delaying the claim and looking for even the minutest loopholes to justify denying the claim. But there are indeed some caused simply by some misunderstandings and technicalities that sometimes the Insured do not understand. Also new managers, new staff, new procedures plus adverse claim history can change a company's outlook in claims. From very lenient one year then suddenly hihigpitan ka the next. Pana-panahon nga lang. It's also up to the insured to know his rights. And never be afraid to ask..

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Do not purchase any insurance from PEOPLE'S GENERAL INSURANCE!!!