New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    That's the in house insurance I got from Toyota last year! Thank god I had no claims!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sheinagales View Post
    They just denied my claim on personal accident after they had me waiting for 1.5 months. pinaasa then boom! claim denied due to unauthorised repair. for 3 yrs being with this insurance company and 1st claim is denied...will never again trust them. just got the issue presented to a lawyer for legal advise. hopefully we can reimburse the expenses we shell out for the repair of our car.
    And that unauthorized repair is?

What does the policy say? Are you allowed to have the car repaired without the go signal from the insurance?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Apologies to people who work for insurance companies. There are reputable insurance companies as there are scam bugs.

I ensured my house and improvements against risk of fire and allied perils. I made a claim on damage due to flooding. The adjuster came to assess. The next thing I learned the insurance approved my claim in an amount that, after subtracting the deductibles, I would receive zero. And it was an insurance company owned by Ayala.

I know of several project owners who got their contractors performance bonds from this well-known insurance and surety company. These owners now have pending cases against this company because it simply refuses to honor claims arising from failure of the contractor to finish the projects. Kailan kaya maba-blacklist ito?

That's the problem with our government agencies that are tasked to regulate these companies. SEC is a failure in regulating pre-need companies. Insurance Commission is also a failure. So is the NTC over mobile telecom firms.

Consumer rights are just inexistent here.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by machine.pistol View Post
    Apologies to people who work for insurance companies. There are reputable insurance companies as there are scam bugs.

I ensured my house and improvements against risk of fire and allied perils. I made a claim on damage due to flooding. The adjuster came to assess. The next thing I learned the insurance approved my claim in an amount that, after subtracting the deductibles, I would receive zero. And it was an insurance company owned by Ayala.

I know of several project owners who got their contractors performance bonds from this well-known insurance and surety company. These owners now have pending cases against this company because it simply refuses to honor claims arising from failure of the contractor to finish the projects. Kailan kaya maba-blacklist ito?

That's the problem with our government agencies that are tasked to regulate these companies. SEC is a failure in regulating pre-need companies. Insurance Commission is also a failure. So is the NTC over mobile telecom firms.

Consumer rights are just inexistent here.
    errr... did you complain to the proper agency?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Di lang dont purchase, also be on guard pag na disgrasya kayo ng ibang tao na ito insurance nila. Wag na umasa na maging smooth compensation niyo gamit yang insurance. Better insist some other or at least have a back up arrangement. I think na share ko na sa ibang thread, na ayaw umorder ng piyesa ng casa nung nag papa repair ako nung malaman na peoples insurance ginamit. Sabi ko na lang, wow ganoon ka sama reputation nito pati sa casa

6. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

errr... did you complain to the proper agency?
    I wanted to. But I did not pursue it. Believe me, it would have been a waste of time and effort.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    That's the in house insurance I got from Toyota last year! Thank god I had no claims!
    well, i did. and i had no problems claiming..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ^ how much claim niyo sir? Curious lang, baka depende sa amount pag maliit claim grant sila kaagad pero pag malaki paikot or deny. In my case, i was the third party and nasa 30k claim ko, dont know how much sa insured nila. Sa tagal, I opted to go after the insured directly. Kakasuhan ko na sana ng reckless impotence buti nag bayad naman. Hehe

Yung pag complain naman administratively afaik hanggang mediation lang, pag di nagka sundo court litigation pa rin bagsak kaya feeling ko din waste of time. I think government agencies do not really care much for our individual woes sa pag claim and unless siguro the complaints are indicative of the overall business or financial standing ng insurance company, passive lang magiging response sa concerns natin

9. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Usually pag maliit ang claim nase-settle. But in total loss or carnap case, problem arises.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I am with PGI for the past 4years and had 3 claims with an average of 100K. Max days processing was around 7wks including repairs. PGI is DMVV's in-house insurance by the way, where all my repairs was done.

Do not purchase any insurance from PEOPLE'S GENERAL INSURANCE!!!