New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    i think toyota already did a test run of the prius here a few years back. lumalabas na mas fuel efficient pa ung m/t altis kesa sa prius B) probably because of the traffic situation here.
    Wouldn't surprise me. During our test (bilisan mo na pag-post, carlo!), the engine turned on right away when we turned on the aircon... turns out, low batt na yung car!

The first generation Prius was notorious for not being cool enough in hot traffic, and you'd have to crank the AC up... the engine would turn on in a while, because the batteries wouldn't be able to run the AC for too long... (pero sabi-sabi lang ito...)

In the second gen, I was slightly disappointed that there were very few acceleration situations where we could keep the gas engine from turning on. If you exceed 5mm of throttle travel... oops, it's on again...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    As I had mentioned in my oearlier posting, corruption is a possible factor why hybrid is not coming to the Philippines.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    Well, hybrid buyers in the other countries receive tax incentives as a bonus for being environmentally conscious. If such cars prove to withstand our conditions, there should be no tariff for them to encourage more and more people to use them. But with rampant corruption, I don't see that coming.
    You think our government would give tax incentives? Buti dito sa US, that happens. Pero dyan sa bansa natin, mahirap mangyari yun.

I guess that's a good point as well, thanks for bringing it up.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    mbeige,

I had a chance of experiencing to drive at your place last May. Akala ko mahigpit sila diyan sa speed limit. Ang dami kong nakikita na overspeeding. Nagoyo pa ako habang nag-drive sa I-5N papuntang San Jose. Stay lang ako sa speed limit kasi takot ako sa sign boards na naka-drawing eroplano na may radar. Nagtaka ako na ang daming lumalampas sa akin kahit nasa maximum speed limit na ako. Pati mga trailer nilalampasan yun Civic hybrid na rent namin.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hybrids would come sooner or later. Just not this year though.

Pero I heard na tuloy pa rin ang FD3 for July-September 2007.

Kulang pa rin eh. No manual mode means you stick it to 'D' all the time. Gawd, that would be boring.

On the plus side, it is made in Suzuka, Japan so quality should not be a problem at all.

Just watch out for it sometime next year.
    Last edited by Blackraven; October 3rd, 2006 at 08:45 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Ah, environmentally conscious my behind. There's a topic about it already so I wouldn't elaborate on it here.

Turbodiesels - way to go.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Although, inaamin ko na may gusto akong isang hybrid.

Of all current-gen hybrids, this would be the one that I like the most.

Now this is one hybrid that is mouthwatering.

The Lexus LS600hL........a certified S-class killer

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    If it ain't diesel that car sucks.........

Edit :sad: I'm too cheap to pay for gas...........

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ==> :rofl01: ==> :hysterical:

:rofl:

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The way to go is twin turbo diesels or VGR/VRG turbo diesels (forgot yung acronym hehe)

Think of it. Pag naubos na lahat ng fossil fuels sa mundo, ano gagamitin niyo? 100% electric car or diesel diba dahil diesels can burn anything (veggie oil comes to mind)...

Pwede rin mag bike

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Why Hybrid Not Coming to Philippines?