New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    and when there's a big plastic-to-fuel plant that needs continuous supply of waste plastic the market will put a price on waste plastic

hey, kailangan mo eh. bayaran mo

hehe

yung mga supplier ng waste plastic (Scavengers United, Inc.) will benefit

yung planta naman may added cost sa raw material hehe
    Just like rice husk. Dati, kung saan saan lang tinatapon ng mga rice mills and pinupulot nalang ng mga nangagailangan. Ngayon, tumataas na rin ang price and pahirapan pa makakuha. Eto na kasi ginagawang substitute fuel for boilers and the like. Sobrang mahal na kasi ng diesel and bunker fuel.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 7138 View Post
    kamusta naman kaya emission nyan.

im no chemical expert, napaisip lang ako.

mababawasan nga ng solid waste,
    magkakasakit naman tayong lahat sa baga,
    pag lahat ng jeepney driver yan na ang kinakarga.

enlighten me. hehe.
    Well for sure it wouldn't be as less harmful as the natural diesel fumes....anyway it's already proven that Diesel Exhaust are a Carcinogen...(Lung Cancer) BBC News - Diesel exhausts do cause cancer, says WHO

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 7138 View Post
    kamusta naman kaya emission nyan.

im no chemical expert, napaisip lang ako.

mababawasan nga ng solid waste,
    magkakasakit naman tayong lahat sa baga,
    pag lahat ng jeepney driver yan na ang kinakarga.

enlighten me. hehe.

Emissions from the plastics derived diesel fuel should be the same as regular diesel fuel.

Emissions from the fuel used to heat the plastics, no idea.

Emissions from the plastics being melted and distilled, this should be minimal harmful emissions since the plastics are being melted and not burned. The only emissions would be hydrocarbons escaping from the crude & small-scale distillation process.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Si Engr. Jayme Navarro of Bacolod ang inventor. During the National Inventor's week in Nov 2008, his invention, together with our innovation and a few others were the finalists in the inventions category sponsored by DOST/TAPI. His invention was the grand prize winner, rightfully so, since his invention could potentially rid our cities of plastic garbage.

In fact, I had emailed his brochure to the Prez,(in 2010) the congressmen, senators and others concerned with climate change and global warming but I received no response. Naemail ko na rin ang brochure sa Singapore. I am amazed why with this invention, so many are still afraid of the plastic bag. Wala ring response si Mayors Lim and Binay.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Akala ko erpats ko. Engr din kasi erpats ko navarro aplido namin. Kaya lang jaime naman name niya hehe :sweat:

Btw. Kung matutuloy to. Ok kaya ,safe kaya to sa makina Hind naman po
    kayang maduming diesel to..
    Last edited by jrn29; June 27th, 2012 at 08:11 PM.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    sir, malinis ang extracted na diesel o gasoline. kung gagamitin ito ng buong mundo, who will be afraid of the plastic bag? i remember a senator who was proposing a ban on plastics. i sent his staff the brochure, syempre, mananahimik na.

pati hongkong, takot sa plastic bag, this invention is now being utilized in Germany, USA, etc.. The US version can convert all municipal waste, including wood and other kitchen wastes. The world will be a lot cleaner if govts will utilize this idea.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by light2light View Post
    Si Engr. Jayme Navarro of Bacolod ang inventor. During the National Inventor's week in Nov 2008, his invention, together with our innovation and a few others were the finalists in the inventions category sponsored by DOST/TAPI. His invention was the grand prize winner, rightfully so, since his invention could potentially rid our cities of plastic garbage.

In fact, I had emailed his brochure to the Prez,(in 2010) the congressmen, senators and others concerned with climate change and global warming but I received no response. Naemail ko na rin ang brochure sa Singapore. I am amazed why with this invention, so many are still afraid of the plastic bag. Wala ring response si Mayors Lim and Binay.

Simple reason. Politicians are not scientists nor engineers. They have no background to appreciate technical details.

Anything that does not have any immediate P.R. value for the "masa", has little interest for them.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by light2light View Post
    sir, malinis ang extracted na diesel o gasoline. kung gagamitin ito ng buong mundo, who will be afraid of the plastic bag? i remember a senator who was proposing a ban on plastics. i sent his staff the brochure, syempre, mananahimik na.

pati hongkong, takot sa plastic bag, this invention is now being utilized in Germany, USA, etc.. The US version can convert all municipal waste, including wood and other kitchen wastes. The world will be a lot cleaner if govts will utilize this idea.

Nope. This is not the "solution". The only reason why this process might be viable now is the high cost of oil. But even at today's prices, the diesel fuel from this process is only PHP5.00/L cheaper to produce than regular pump diesel. Not much profit left. (Assuming P45/L for diesel)

The process has two problems. One is the need for labor to separate the plastics from the rest of the garbage (paper, metal, organics, etc). Plus the need to shred and feed it into the heating chambers. Second issue is the process needs a lot of fuel/energy to heat the plastics to melt and vaporize. Both costs a lot. Hence the high cost of diesel fuel from plastic wastes.

Once world oil prices goes on a down cycle (like now), the process will quickly become economically non-viable. Only way to cut cost is to invest into better equipment and improve the process. Both costs a lot of money. With uncertain profitability, it might be difficult to find proper investors.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 27th, 2012 at 11:14 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Stands up and leaves the room ..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    haha not surprising L2L showed up in this thread... kapwa inventor eh

this invention is now being utilized in Germany, USA, etc..
    linawin lang natin ha...

before that pinoy inventor "invented" it people in other countries are already doing it

it's not as if nauna si pinoy inventor at ginaya lang ng ibang tao sa ibang bansa
    Last edited by uls; June 27th, 2012 at 11:28 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Filipino inventor converts used plastics to diesel, gasoline and kerosine.