New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.myfreelander.com/fuelsystem.htm - from his injector type alone, I could say it's for the euro and or US market since thise type of nozzle tips he used are still non existent in vehicles here in our country. we've encountered some DSLA types but for industrial and stationary engines only, none for auto. those nozzle tips are high pressured ones tha go beyond the 200 reading on the injector tester.

http://www.biodieselfillingstations.co.uk/approvals.htm - not all auto. manufacturers have common rail on their engines yet. I know of BMW, Benz and Isuzu only as of now for the Phil. market. Even on this site BMW says "Special order for Biodiesel version needed.", the Vito L model of Benz wasn't mentioned. Again this is maybe for the Euro and US markets where everything is fully advanced.

What we have to consider is are the pump OEM manufacturers endorsing the use of biodiesel on ASIAN markets. Those made for the Euro and US markets have a big difference.

Kung may guinea pig lang sana e.

Doc Diesel

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    di ba dapat dun sa mga existing pump natin evaluate tong biodiesel di natin pwede compare sa ibang country specially iba fuel natin .................

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung boss ko, he uses biodiesel on his 2001 trooper. he says it improves the combustion of the fuel, less black smoke, and better acceleration. he's been using it on-and-off since 2001 pa. Di ko lang alam kung nagkaron na ng problema pero palagay ko wala. lagi nya dala yun everywhere he goes e.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys, is there any preferred sequence for adding the biodiesel to the tank?

should it be: biodiesel first, then add regular diesel to mix it up? or regular diesel first, then top off with biodiesel?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Siguro to simplify your point Doc, please specify technical and/or chemical properties of Biodiesel comparing to a regular mineral diesel which could negatively effect specific parts of a common rail system.

I think kasi when we start to compare something di ba we should consider the chemical, physical, etc. Ano ba yung meron sa isa na wala sa isa...

We need to know, if you think UK and US lang ang pwede sa binanggit ni Ray.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think that the Common Rail system compatible with Biodiesel, The reason lang kung bakit kwetionable siya is because the Sensors of Trooper are very sensitive to this.. in effect baka magkaproblem so yung ang iniiwasan nang Isuzu pero as far as the UK and US are concerned kung pwede pwede siya same as the rotary but the difference is that the rotary hindi ganon ka super sensitive ang sensors niya dahil hindi siya Electronic Controlled.

I think ito yung bottom line nang argument between BIODIeSEL and ISUZU

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boknoy is right. what I am concerned about is the fact that common rail systems deploy a lot of sensors in and out of the pump.

na mention ko na dati dito sa board na merong trooper dati na nagclaim ng warranty because of pump failure. pero it turned out that the sensors were very dirty because of the fuel. we just don't know where the fuel came from.

I've already initiated contact with Robert Bosch to ask their opinion since Bosch and Zexel are one, on the use of biodiesel on common rail systems. Let's see what they can say about it.

Doc Diesel

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    So ,your concern is that there "might" be an incompatibility sa electronics side ng mga sensors to the chemical properties ng biodiesel...?

If so, ano yung meron na component sa biodiesel na wala sa mineral diesel... All I know is that, yung presence lang ng oxygen ang pingkaiba ng Biodiesel sa mineral diesel.

Pardon me, my question still stands.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Coconut oil seems to have a natural tendency to 'gel' or become malagkit.

I think that is what the concern is all about.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am not a chemist and I am not scientifically inclined but I think Otep hit the nail there.

Doc Diesel

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
email messg re: biodiesel