New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the engine size already does something to the fuel efficiency... Glenn gets the same with his Safari me thinks. Try to check your fuel system 9lines, filters, etc) to see if theyu're still good. I also think the SAE 40 oil might have some effect as the oil visco is consistent at 40 grade even when the engine starts up cold... If you noticed, the energy saving oils have a low visco.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    mga sir ganu po b sa tingin nyo an dapay na kain ng crudo ng pajero 2.5 tdic? matic, 83000 kms na natatakbo? kc sa tingin ko po 7 to 8 km per liter po ang kain nung akin notmal po b ito/

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    that's about right. kasi i have the 2.5 liter tdic na manual and nasa 8.5 to 9 ako. 89,000 lms din ang takbo ko

andy

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    does the oil viscosity have something to do with it? isn't a 40 viscosity standard and good enough?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SAE 40 is good in the protection side... what being looked into here as a possibility is that its a monograde with a single viscousity property. Thus the engine oil will cause the same resistance all thoughout the temp levels and engine performance cycle (cold operating temp, low RPM traffic conditions, etc). It was pointed out before that if you look at the oils that give "fuel saving" properties like Caltex Havoline Energy, they run on a thinner visousity which gives lesser resistance at cold and hot operating temps.

This is just one facet of the discussion.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    The local Sae40 oils have lower Api ratings(CD,CF) while the multigrades 15w40 usually start at ApiCF4 to CG4. This means better additives which keeps the oil from breaking down sooner. Also better detergents to keep engine clean.
    Have fuel filter changed if it's done about 20k km.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
1HD-T 4.5km/L Fuel Consumption?