New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is it normal for an LC80 diesel with a 1HD-T engine to consume fuel at 4.5km/l? ito yung lumabas when i checked it

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

I would'nt be suprised. 4.2L engine ito di ba? I think other DCorg peeps can verify and confirm this. I myt be wrong.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Use to do 5km/L city driving and 8km/L highway.
    What oil & viscosity are you using?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Is your car Automatic? If it is better ease up on the pedal. If running on a normal road avoid reving your car more than 2 to 3K rpm. If manual, i suggest you check your air filters coz if it's dirty then engine suction will concentrate on the fuel more. It's like sipping on two straws, if one stra is blocked, then the tendency of the suction is to consume more on the other straw (soso) Oil has nothing to do with this esp if you're using locally distributed oils. They are usually designed for tropical weathers like here. And one more thing, when was the last time you had your Injection Pump Calibrated or its Injectors? these too contribute too high fuel consumption if left unchecked...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i use Caltex Delo 500 SAE 40, yup its also and the air cleaner was just cleaned, im not sure about the injection though, how often should I have this cleaned? Where and how much? thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I mean, yup its automatic. My emmissions are doing pretty good, does it have any connection to the injection pump? thanks

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I wouldn't touch the injection pump unless you've done 150k+ km on engine. May check the nozzle tips though if you have a lot of smoke.

I think oil viscosity has a lot to do with fuel efficiency. Compare mileage using a 15w40 vs the sae40 oil.

Also, have you changed fuel filter and ATF in auto trans?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Usually on my LC90 automatic...pag nag titipid ako ng crudo...hanggang 2rpm lang ako...pwera nalang pagnagmamadali laging 2rpm-3rpm which consume a lot and you can see the fuel gauge going down....huhuhu

try maintaing a low rpm..yung mga tips ni Sir Ungas nung nag Isuzu challenge sila

mahirap bang tanggalin ang turbo intercooler?

para sana mapalinis ko rin ang nozzle tips ko...magkano po price range nito?

3.0 lang yung sa aken 1kz-te

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Gassed-up today after about a combined 45/55 ratio of country-side/city driving, and the current fuel economy of my 1HD-T stands at 6.95 km./liter. Seems OK for one with 80,000 km. on the clock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
1HD-T 4.5km/L Fuel Consumption?