New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Syempre uphill yun what to expect malakas talaga sa gas yun HAHA.

Yung Sportage namin pure city driving yan. I'm using Motul fully synthetic and Petron Blaze. Pag Sunday tapos punta Resorts World kaya mag ~10km/L.

Kailan niyo lang nakuha yun Santa Fe?
    Yung Santa Fe around September last year ata kinuha if I'm not mistaken. Binili yan para sa tito ko na kakauwi lang from Taiwan. 2nd hand lang bro. Silver na 2008 4x2 CRDi with around 40tkms on the clock. Meron na ring touchscreen A/V system with backup camera and sensors installed. Binenta sa amin ng 800k. So far it nets around 7.5km/L city driving. Explanation is quite simple. My uncle used to drag race.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Mazda CX-5.

Best handling among all the CUVs I've driven. Priced well and looks good too.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Thanks sa mga reply sir. Indi naman ganun kaconcern ang 'power', basta komportable, reliable at medyo rugged since medyo dirt road un daan papunta bahay nila. Masyado po ba limiting un hinahanap? Heheh. Kaya Xtrail un napipisil dahil sa reputation nya as a crossover. Wala naman masyado problema un Xtrail, as per their thread sa Nisaan, Baka meron lang na mas bang for the buck para sa kanya sa mga 2WD option.
    Haha~ Looks like the old Escape fits the bill! Comfortable check, reliable check, rugged check... Has adequate punch too!
    379439_2461014404115_98342649_n.jpg
    O yan umakyat na ng snowy mountain!

Kung dirt road lang naman, I believe any CUV would be perfectly capable of crossing. Aside from the X-Trail I would consider the CRV and the Sportage 4x2 CRDi. Both are cheaper than the X-Trail. Kung 4x2 2.5L CVT X-Trail ang hanap mo, tiyak na may kalakasan sa gas yan. I find the Sportage 4x2 CRDi truly bang for the buck. At 1.29M it is cheaper than both the CRV 2.0A/T and X-Trail CVT, and has more horses, more torque, and better gas mileage than any gasoline CUV. Yung Tucson CRDi 1.368M may 4x4 na, siguradong sigurado walang problema sa dirt road nila kahit ulanan pa yan ng todo todo.
    Last edited by GTi; January 15th, 2013 at 11:40 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks sir, keep 'em coming. I'll let him know that this thread exists so he can check himself =)

Sor far, mukhang challenger un CRV, and Sportage. Medyo mahal un CX5 AT at around 1.5m. Pero maganda un FC sir according to reviews and owner feedback

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    ako crv, fc ko dati is 7.6 now 8.5km/l na, using seaoil extreme97 pero minsan naka blaze din :D worst fc ko dun was 7.0km/l ayos naman sya para sakin....handling, ride comfort and performance wise wala ako problema sa kanya though i find the 8.5km/l low nasanay kasi ako sa wagon ko na nakaka 12km/l

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks sir, keep 'em coming. I'll let him know that this thread exists so he can check himself =)

Sor far, mukhang challenger un CRV, and Sportage. Medyo mahal un CX5 AT at around 1.5m. Pero maganda un FC sir according to reviews and owner feedback
    Enlighten mo siya bro sa benefits of diesels. Small displacement V6-like performance with fuel costs comparable to 1.6L compact sedans!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Enlighten mo siya bro sa benefits of diesels. Small displacement V6-like performance with fuel costs comparable to 1.6L compact sedans!
    Naku Sir, that's a good idea. But too bad I don't own a diesel car =/

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Naku Sir, that's a good idea. But too bad I don't own a diesel car =/
    Lots of us here do! Our good friend Starex_gold is especially well acquainted with them.

Modern diesels are very rewarding to drive, especially if it is used as a daily driver. While gasoline 2.0 sedans and CUVs are consuming 5-6km/L in bumper to bumper rush hour EDSA traffic, you are sipping cheap diesel at well north of 7km/L at the very least. Then when you want to make the happy pedal kiss the floor, you'd leave pretty much everyone behind and still don't lose half of the contents of the gas tank in the process unlike with many high horse gasoline engines. Its just that periodical maintenance is more expensive as diesels use about 2x the amount of motor oil gasoline engines use. Some engine parts are also more expensive. IMHO, just a small price to pay around twice a year for such numerous benefits.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hahaha GTi talaga

IMO lang, kung kukuha ng compact CUV na diesel, Sportage EX R-eVGT na. Mas mura * 1.320M vs 1.368M Tucson GL R-eVGT. Sportage is 2WD so it's more efficient. Kung hindi lang talaga kailangan agad kumuha ng Sportage, we should've waited for the CRDi, pero no regrets naman sa Theta kasi mura ang maintenance. Maintenance lang naman ang downside sa CRDi eh, 8 liters of semi or fully synthetic oil every PMS, air filter every 10,000km, fuel filter every 20,000km, EGR cleaning every 40,000km, the rest follows

Sobrang dami nang Tucson sa kalye, wala na yung "uy" factor. Pare-pareho nalang. You have to put "something" to stand out. Sabagay eventually mangyayari din yan sa Sportage. IMO lang Sportage looks better than Tucson pag stock to stock

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Or if the rumors are true, you can wait for the Xtrail diesel this year. But among the choices, Escape, CRV or the entry level RAV4 ma recommend ko. I don't like the ride of the Tucson but that is my opinion only. Test drive it first since most of these have test drive units. I own both Xtrail 2.0 and CVT and never gave me headaches even when going to Nueva Ecija.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
XTrail vs other Petrol CUVs