New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Here is the breakdown they gave me. I have to check the actual bill later.

Oil - 4927
    Oil Filter - 1300
    Cabin Filter - 1500
    Labor - 3200
    That is the quote given to us on the first PMS for our Jetta 1.6L TDI DSG. I posted it in the VW thread a few months back. As mentioned, VW-PH follows a 12-month or 15k KM PMS schedule. The usual oil change uses around 5L of oil. The oil, oil filter, and labor cost are a bit higher than Honda. It will be cheaper once you do the service outside casa (after warranty period).

It will still be another 6 months until we have the Jetta go thru its 2nd PMS (24 month/30k km).
    Last edited by Egan101; January 17th, 2018 at 12:02 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Janemar View Post
    Oil filter - 150
    Air filter - 150 A/C Cabin Filter - 200 Fuel filter - 800 Front brake pads - 1100 Rear shoes - 600 DCT Fluid / GL-4 Gear oil - 300/Liter(3L ata) Front shocks - 2200 Rear shocks - 1400

How about for VW?

Add a zero to the end of each price ...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Pricewise, the Accent DCT is almost a million already while the Jetta is P1.1 mil. One is Korean while the other is German. Although the Accent is an excellent car, it can’t compare to the Jetta, being German designed & built. The Accent is not assembled in Korea, I think India (not sure about this). Of course, being German, the parts will most likely be a little more expensive, but just be prepared for this. PMS will be cheaper for the VW, being every 15k (P10k) as opposed to the Accent being every 5k (at P6k-4k-6k). You might regret not getting the car you’d be proud to own, drive & show off. Get the Jetta since you seem like you really like it. Nothing beats waking up every morning excited to drive the car of your dreams. Go for it.
    Last edited by bloowolf; January 17th, 2018 at 08:39 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Made in Germany ba yung local Jetta?

I think VW cars locally are made in India

Sent from Zenfone 3 on Tsikot mobile app

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

Sorry, I just assumed.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

Depende sa VIN number ng kotse. Polo yata is India, Jetta and Golf likely Mexico kasi we have the US-spec models. My VW Caddy is made in Poland.

Besides, no diff kung saan gawa kung consistent yung quality control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by moipogi View Post
    Depende sa VIN number ng kotse. Polo yata is India, Jetta and Golf likely Mexico kasi we have the US-spec models. My VW Caddy is made in Poland.

i agree completely with the last statement.
    emphasize on "kung consistent".

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Pricewise, the Accent DCT is almost a million already while the Jetta is P1.1 mil. One is Korean while the other is German. Although the Accent is an excellent car, it can’t compare to the Jetta, being German designed & built. The Accent is not assembled in Korea, I think India (not sure about this). Of course, being German, the parts will most likely be a little more expensive, but just be prepared for this. PMS will be cheaper for the VW, being every 15k (P10k) as opposed to the Accent being every 5k (at P6k-4k-6k). You might regret not getting the car you’d be proud to own, drive & show off. Get the Jetta since you seem like you really like it. Nothing beats waking up every morning excited to drive the car of your dreams. Go for it.
    Spending that amount of money for the Jetta is much worth it than spending a bit less for the Accent. The Accent just feels cheap inside. The platform of the Jetta is in a different league.

Quote Originally Posted by moipogi View Post

Yep, our local Jettas and Golfs are from Mexico. The Polo is from India while the Caddy is from Poland. Only the Golf GTi, Passat 2.0T, and Touareg V6 TDI are from Germany. Not sure where the new Tiguan 1.4T comes from.

Regarding quality control, you just have to see it for yourself. Its interiors even feels more premium compared to the interiors of the Civic RS.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Spending that amount of money for the Jetta is much worth it than spending a bit less for the Accent. The Accent just feels cheap inside. The platform of the Jetta is in a different league.

Yep, our local Jettas and Golfs are from Mexico. The Polo is from India while the Caddy is from Poland. Only the Golf GTi, Passat 2.0T, and Touareg V6 TDI are from Germany. Not sure where the new Tiguan 1.4T comes from.

Regarding quality control, you just have to see it for yourself. Its interiors even feels more premium compared to the interiors of the Civic RS.
    i wonder, does the venue of manufacture have an effect on the product?
    i mean, are the german-mades better than the rest? the polish cars better made or worse then the mexicans?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i wonder, does the venue of manufacture have an effect on the product?
    i mean, are the german-mades better than the rest? the polish cars better made or worse then the mexicans?
    I don't think so as manufacturers set standards on production. A lot of the Toyota, Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Honda, and Ford cars we have here are made in Thailand.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast