New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    maintaining(pms) my accent hatch outside the dealership is very cheap. madaming ng supplier/ parts store ang mga korean cars dito sa metro manila dahil all hyundai/ kia vehicle shared common and same parts. my advice is try mo sir muna maghanap or magcanvas ng mga wear and tear parts and consumable parts ng jetta outside the dealership.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jetta for me. Though i havent owned one. “Maiba naman”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Ang hirap naman ng choice mo...

How long do you plan to keep the car "casa maintained?"

Worry free dapat yung first 5 years... 5-10 can be an issue... More than 10, malamang I'll go for the safer brands.

And may experience ka ba with car repairs? Or papalitan mo lahat ng gusto palitan ni Mr. Mechanic?

My vote goes to VW... Yes, something different and matagal sila magpalit ng model/design

Although when it's time to sell the VW 10 years later... Swerte mo kung may bumili...

If it was coming from my own pocket... and I had to choose betwwn the 2... I'd go for the one with the more convenient service center (location wise) and better freebies.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by haxso View Post
    Help naman mga sir para makapagdecide ng kukunin na bnew car. First bnew ko to kung sakali.
    Gusto ko yung jetta dahil sa features at looks, kaso prob ko yung parts niya kung i'll keep the car for 10 or more years and kung may magagaling/maalam bang magayos ng VW dito satin.
    Accent ang safe bet since mas mura siya at mas maraming nakaaccent, sigurado di ako mamomroblema sa parts after 5years. Kaso sobrang bare naman ng unit. At syempre/malamang/siguro mas inferior quality siya sa VW.
    Pahingi naman ng advise para makapagdecide na ko kung ano kukunin sa dalawa.

Jetta:
    +Features
    +Looks
    -Parts availability after a couple of years
    -Possible lack of good mechanics

Accent:
    +Price
    +Parts
    -Features
    -Build quality
    -DCT

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I have an Accent, waiting for my order for a Golf GTS

Your predicament mainly rests on how much your budget is for out-of-warranty repairs, maintenance, and of course monthly amortization. Everybody and his dog know that the Jetta is the better car between the two so no debate there. If you can stretch your wallet further then go for the VW. But if you need to drastically adjust your lifestyle just to accommodate it then just go where your finances allow you.

Maintenance for the Jetta averages around 15k a year for probably the first five years.

Hyundai Accent is every 6 months or 5k km whichever comes first if you follow the casa advice to keep your warranty, and costs about 6-8k per visit. So PMS cost if you decide to take it to casa is about the same for both. You can save on Accent by having it serviced outside (around 2-3k), although your warranty suffers.

Amortization for Accent 4DR AT for 3yrs * 80% auto loan 10%iRate after 50k discount is about PhP21k, while for VW is PhP28k same terms (no discount). Of course DP is higher with the Jetta.

Out-of-warranty repairs if any and parts are of course a variable for both, but Jetta will likely cost more so you need to allot a fatter budget for it going forward in case you choose it. Saving around 10-15k a year on top of your other regular costs for it would be wise, for the Accent around 5k a year would probably suffice given that OEM parts abound for it.

So can you afford the additional expense of the Jetta no problem? Then (for me) that's the car to choose.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    one fear for VW is yung parts and support availability, which is dependent on the local partner/distributor. In this case, Vw is carried by the Ayala Group, same people who brought in Honda and are also involved in Isuzu. They also happen to be one of the largest firms here so alam mo malalim bulsa.

They also have a reputation to protect so it is unlikely they will leave VW owners hanging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Medyo out of topic, smooth ba idrive yung mga modern DCT ngayon? Sa creeping traffic di ba siya nag jejerk kapag stop and go?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    looking at the Jetta Spec sheet, it says Euro 5. Meron na bang Euro 5 Diesels dito?

Also may malapit bang Casa sa south? I know of a satellite dealership in Alabang (Molito) pero wala atang nag PMS don, purely showroom lang.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Share ko lang typical pms parts price for accent crdi in my usual window shopping in Banawe.

Oil filter - 150
    Air filter - 150
    A/C Cabin Filter - 200
    Fuel filter - 800
    Front brake pads - 1100
    Rear shoes - 600
    DCT Fluid / GL-4 Gear oil - 300/Liter(3L ata)
    Front shocks - 2200
    Rear shocks - 1400

Engine Oil capacity is 4.5Liters, change oil every 10k.

How about for VW?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xnxnxn View Post
    looking at the Jetta Spec sheet, it says Euro 5. Meron na bang Euro 5 Diesels dito?

Also may malapit bang Casa sa south? I know of a satellite dealership in Alabang (Molito) pero wala atang nag PMS don, purely showroom lang.
    The engines were tuned to adapt to our diesel standards, the same way the other European cars (Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Peugeot, Volvo) are tuned for our local market. By the way, the Jetta's 2.0L TDI engine is the same as the one being used on the 2.0L TDI Audi A3, A4, and Q5.

There is a VW service center within the area of Isuzu and Honda Alabang. All three dealerships are under the Ayala group.

Quote Originally Posted by Janemar View Post
    Share ko lang typical pms parts price for accent crdi in my usual window shopping in Banawe.

Oil filter - 150
    Air filter - 150
    A/C Cabin Filter - 200
    Fuel filter - 800
    Front brake pads - 1100
    Rear shoes - 600
    DCT Fluid / GL-4 Gear oil - 300/Liter(3L ata)
    Front shocks - 2200
    Rear shocks - 1400

Engine Oil capacity is 4.5Liters, change oil every 10k.

How about for VW?
    Regarding VW maintenance, we paid around 10k for the first PMS of our Jetta at VW BGC. I think most other VW owners also paid around the same. As told above, VW PMS is every 12 months or 15k KM whichever comes first. VW uses a specific-type of Castrol FS oil that abides with VW-Audi global standards.

In comparison to our other cars (Honda, Ford, Subaru), the usual PMS is every 6 months and the cost is around 5k. Annually, the PMS cost rounds about the same.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The engines were tuned to adapt to our diesel standards, the same way the other European cars (Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Peugeot, Volvo) are tuned for our local market. By the way, the Jetta's 2.0L TDI engine is the same as the one being used on the 2.0L TDI Audi A3, A4, and Q5.

There is a VW service center within the area of Isuzu and Honda Alabang. All three dealerships are under the Ayala group.

Regarding VW maintenance, we paid around 10k for the first PMS of our Jetta at VW BGC. I think most other VW owners also paid around the same. As told above, VW PMS is every 12 months or 15k KM whichever comes first. VW uses a specific-type of Castrol FS oil that abides with VW-Audi global standards.

In comparison to our other cars (Honda, Ford, Subaru), the usual PMS is every 6 months and the cost is around 5k. Annually, the PMS cost rounds about the same.

Better if you can provide parts price like stated above to better compare.

Usually, if the one wants to keep an eco car for 10++ years, they are on a budget. 3-4years down the line, they'll definitely go for outside casa pms na.

OCI depends on oil you use and the local Casa protocol. On EU hyundai, OCI for the 1.6crdi is 2years/20,000kms. Local casa is 6months/10Tkms

Another example, in AUS, ford eve/ranger PMS is 15,000kms/1years. Ford PH is 10,000kms/6months. Ford thailand is 7500kms/1year. Very subjective.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast