New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I don't think so as manufacturers set standards on production. A lot of the Toyota, Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Honda, and Ford cars we have here are made in Thailand.
    so thailand makes good cars.
    what about poland? mexico? even china, if it assembles european marquees and parts?
    Last edited by dr. d; January 18th, 2018 at 11:34 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    so thailand makes good cars.
    what about poland? mexico?
    What I meant was even if the cars are made in Thailand, manufacturers set forth global standards in building their products. I don't think Toyota or Honda will have their production in Thailand if they cannot guarantee its quality. The same thing applies for VW when they have their models manufactured in Mexico or Poland or China.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    OT lang muna ako dito since usapang manufacturing site na. Hehe

We have 2 innovas. First one is 2005 model that's made in Indonesia as confirmed by its VIN number. The other is 2013 model that's made in Laguna. Mas makalampag sa loob yung 2013 model kesa doon sa 2005 model and not to mention mas feeling ko na "better built" din. Yung 2013 nasa 48k kms lang while yung 2005 nasa 160k kms na ata ngayon. Kahit na sabay pinalitan yung pang-ilalim and other necessary adjustments, talagang makalampag yung newer model lalo na sa interior kapag may lubak, yung mga upuan ang ingay and the seat adjuster maingay din. I may be wrong but that's what i've observed lang.

BTT: Voting for Jetta. Hindi ko gusto build quality ng Accent but kung yung motor lang pag-uusapan, quits lang for me. I don't know if kayang mag-dual personality ng Jetta which i believe kaya ng Accent. Wolf in sheep's clothing ang palagi kong naiisip sa Accent.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quality will most likely depend on where the product is being sold and not on where it is built ... First World countries usually have better quality of the same product ...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by moipogi View Post
    Besides, no diff kung saan gawa kung consistent yung quality control.
    The Metallurgy is different.

Although these cars are designed to work and perform with the materials they have... locally

Do you see a significant difference when comparing the Thai Mirage from the local one?

So basically it's Korean tech/design vs German tech/design

*haxso... have you tried test driving both cars?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post

BTT: Voting for Jetta. Hindi ko gusto build quality ng Accent but kung yung motor lang pag-uusapan, quits lang for me. I don't know if kayang mag-dual personality ng Jetta which i believe kaya ng Accent. Wolf in sheep's clothing ang palagi kong naiisip sa Accent.
    Motor would go to Jetta, as owning a VW 2.0 TDI, the power delivery along with the DSG is very punchy. Based on comments and reviews on the web, VW's DSG (and any Euro DSG for that matter) seems better vs any Japanese/Korean DSG/DCT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by moipogi View Post
    Motor would go to Jetta, as owning a VW 2.0 TDI, the power delivery along with the DSG is very punchy. Based on comments and reviews on the web, VW's DSG (and any Euro DSG for that matter) seems better vs any Japanese/Korean DSG/DCT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ganun ba. Have not yet ridden a Jetta pa kasi. Hehe if so, miles ahead na pala sa thread yung VW.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    [QUOTE=Trippin;2921218]I have an Accent, waiting for my order for a Golf GTS

Your predicament mainly rests on how much your budget is for out-of-warranty repairs, maintenance, and of course monthly amortization. Everybody and his dog know that the Jetta is the better car between the two so no debate there. If you can stretch your wallet further then go for the VW. But if you need to drastically adjust your lifestyle just to accommodate it then just go where your finances allow you.

Maintenance for the Jetta averages around 15k a year for probably the first five years.

Hyundai Accent is every 6 months or 5k km whichever comes first if you follow the casa advice to keep your warranty, and costs about 6-8k per visit. So PMS cost if you decide to take it to casa is about the same for both. You can save on Accent by having it serviced outside (around 2-3k), although your warranty suffers.

Amortization for Accent 4DR AT for 3yrs * 80% auto loan 10%iRate after 50k discount is about PhP21k, while for VW is PhP28k same terms (no discount). Of course DP is higher with the Jetta.

Out-of-warranty repairs if any and parts are of course a variable for both, but Jetta will likely cost more so you need to allot a fatter budget for it going forward in case you choose it. Saving around 10-15k a year on top of your other regular costs for it would be wise, for the Accent around 5k a year would probably suffice given that OEM parts abound for it.

So can you afford the additional expense of the Jetta no problem? Then (for me) that's the car to choose

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234