Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    toyota parin ako..

kahit na nissan ang kotse ko ngayon.
    economical at reliable ang toyota

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    oo bro ok din point ni theeved regarding resale value. since single ka pa, definitely kapag nagkafamily ka e gugustuhin mo rin bumili ng mas malaking oto. safe choice is corolla lalo na kung balak mo sya ibenta ulit, alagaan mo lang at madidispose mo yan ng maganda.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    stick with a toyota. a wise choice for 1st time car buyers.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    everything's been said!

you better stick with the corolla, as everyone else has said. with a used car, lalo na a 12-year old used car (or even a 10-year old) siguradong maraming lalabas na gremlins diyan which will need to be repaired. masasabon ka talaga sa repair costs lalo na dun sa nissan. "all power features" equals "lots of stuff that can break."

example, nasira yung driver-side power window switch mo (yung merong 4 na switch). eh $#%$#! alam mo ba 6000+ yun? so pag nasira yun, magtitiis ka na lng ba na di mo mababa windows mo? you get the point..

in general you should budget 15000/year for maintenance. tataas pa yun in case something expensive needs replacement. at that mileage, at that age, parang sigurado nang kailangan mo palitan timing belt, timing belt tensioner/idler bearings, water pump, and probably the clutch (unless napalitan na..) all those together will cost you 10000 at least. pero pag napalitan na, good for 5 years na yun.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    both brands of the car is nice. the difference will just be condition of the car which will be based on the previous user(s). suggestion ko lang sayo you think carefully what car you really want. be specific of what features and brand you want then from there focus ka nalang dun sa car na yun. In addition, wag ka masisilaw sa mga physicaly good looking cars always carefully check the condition of the car.

I assume that you can stretch your budget to 250k since na sabi mo na consider mo din sentra fe for that price. AFAIK, 250 is too much for a sentra FE. Dami dyan good deal wag ka magmadali. And IMO, at your limited moneys worth its better to consider brands like Nissan (Sentra) and Ford(Lynx) since they have a lower resale value compared to other brands like toyota and honda.

Kung mag nissan ka I suggest you look for the ex saloon series 4 na 1999 pataas. Mas maganda yun compared to the carb fe since efi na engine and all power pa... those are the things you should consider. Well im previously in hunt for a good 2nd hand car also and from what I observed yung 250 mo could go as far as a 2000 model nissan exalta sla and 2000 model ford lynx ghia. Search all the classifieds in bulletin, buy and sell, and carfinder. Surely you will find a good deal there. Good luck in you carhunting!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dun sa question mo kung believable ang mileage, you can search through the old threads regarding purchasing 2nd hand advice etc, may mga tips din kung pano makita kung "at par" yung mileage sa actual wear and tear ng oto.

Basically you can tell how much the car is used by checking the driver's side ng interior, how much of the gas/clutch/brake pedal rubber has been worn off, how "kalbo" are the grains sa steering wheel and shifter etc...

Yung 94 ko up to now nasa 84K palang natakbo... Since I got it last May, mga less than 5000km palang nagamit ko dito... Got it at 79K odo... So possible (since I shared my commuting story above, diba logical naman na low mileage)... Kung madaming oto talaga yung may ari dati, then possible din.

As much as possible, get an EFI, in your case, the lowest displacement na EFI would fit your needs and wants... But you can't beat a Corolla kung wala ka talagang alam sa kotse hehe.

Basta don't rush... After you pay, yun na yun, wala nang sisihan if you got a lemon or a gem.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i don't think you should stretch to 250k. kasi you said 100k yung cash on hand mo tapos you can loan 100k. so an additional 50k on top is scary. you have to budget at least 25k for maintenance and immediate repairs! eh sa 250k lunod ka na, wala ka nang pang-ayos, if something gets busted magagarahe lang yan ng matagal.

ang alam ko nasa 200k ang sentra FE. carb yun. not a bad choice kasi madaling maayos. EFI cars may be more efficient but they have expensive sensors that can break and do break. yun nga lang, power steering lang yung FE, no power doors, windows, or mirrors. unless na-enhance na yan. but then again, not having all those power features means less things that can break.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    regarding mileage: a believable figure is like 6000km/year (for someone with 2 or more cars) to at most siguro 12000km/year. more than that, pinang-taxi or service vehicle na yun. so a '93 corolla (13 years old) should have at most siguro 100,000km on it. pero stay away from that. mataas na yun. at 80,000km siguradong palit ka na ng timing belt, water pump, clutch, and probably suspension.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me i usually peg average mileage at 10,000kms to 15,000kms a year.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by strydent
    I still have to look and look and look though, although kasi ung XL na binibili ko, payag syang mag post muna ako ng 100K then ung 32K to follow in 2 months...tell me if somebody can beat the price..its a 1994 XL pala..
    If you have a chance to look around for other XLs, price range may be at that level as well (wala lang siguro yung 2months to pay). Suggest you stretch for the XE, to around 145k, possibly just 140k to get at least power steering. A lil plus na rin are the mags that come with the XE.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Toyota versus Nissan (which is which?)