New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    nasabi na lahat ni theveed...

most important factor is the condition of the car, if possible get a 2nd hand car with the lowest milleage that will fit your budget, having a car is not really a necessity but having one gives you more options.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    great discussion.

btw, what's with the bold script?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    o sorry mr moderator, dito lang ako nag try mag forum eh..excited n akong magkatsikot pero pero natatakot ang bankbook ko..ehehhe..i like having a car that is durable yet economical.. so guys san kayo if you were me based on my topic earlier...1.3 Toyota XL or 1.6 Nissan Series III?? Thankks guys

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    nasabi na lahat ni theveed...

most important factor is the condition of the car, if possible get a 2nd hand car with the lowest milleage that will fit your budget, having a car is not really a necessity but having one gives you more options.
    Yup, tama ka..by the way believable ba ang 1994 model na corolla with just 80K KM?? I confronted the owner,sabi nya 3 daw kasi ang sasakyan ng first owner and he just owns it for roughly 3 months...

Ung 1996 NIssan series III, 120 thou K na..what ya think guys.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    mahirap din mag base sa mileage kasi pwede naman dayain iyan .mahalaga talaga ang kundisyon ng saksakyan
    mas mabuti cguro test drive mo mabuti idaan mo sa mga lubak at hatawin mo ng speed sa arangkada .engine kung may mga oil leak ,pag naka kita ka ng mga diperensia nia ..
    isama mo sa discount sabhin mo madami ka pa pala dapat ipaparepair

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Ultimately, it's still up to you, kasi di namin nakikita personally ang mga cars na binabanggit mo, like yung mileage ng Corolla, puwedeng totoo, puwedeng hindi, when I sold my 96 Vtec last year 60,000+ kms. lang ang odometer, alam ko kasi ako may gamit noon, but yung iba naman ginagalaw ang odometer. The best thing that you can do is test drive the cars thoroughly. Drive it through roads that are not that well maintained and keep a lookout for kalampag, steering problems and suspension problems. On roads with little traffic, check the acceleration of the vehicle. Drive through heavy traffic, see if the car will overheat, and also check the aircon's cooling power. Bring the cars to a gas station and pay them to have the car lifted, so you can check the underside of the car. It's best if you could bring along a trusted mechanic so that he can have a look at your choices and give you his opinion. Good Luck!
    Last edited by falken; February 16th, 2006 at 01:28 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Honestly guys, im not even licensed driver, i only have driverse license,not yet graduate from a driving institution..i brought with me a mechanic and ill tell him what you guys have told me..
    Siguro nga i go for a corolla meantime, although nanghihinayang talaga ako sa series III n un dahil fresh na fresh pa..
    Kainis lang sa XL hindi power steering, ako na lang siguro pa power steeing:d

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Why don't you look for other Corollas then? Don't settle with just a handful of choices. I also almost bought a 2nd hand Corolla other than my own, and with patience, I got a model better than that one, at the same price.

The XE should get the job done for you because it has power steering. Look around for sound models; there should be a lot of them.

As for Nissans, they normally cost more to maintain and repair due to more expensive parts. Prices of 2nd hand models are very tempting, but you will end up spending just about the same by the time something goes wrong. Toyotas are the cheapest to maintain. There are lots of parts available, and are not very expensive.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Probably yeah..pero i like the set-up of that corolla eh and beside we had a deal na 80 percent down muna then 20 percent to follow n lang para hinidi ko na ipasok sa financing..kaso i need to i need to shell all my money out to avoid it.

Saka maganda pa ang tikas ng XL an un e, im just hoping hindi totoo ung estimate nung isang nagpost na 15K ang power steering..kasi napakamahl nun for me.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I still have to look and look and look though, although kasi ung XL na binibili ko, payag syang mag post muna ako ng 100K then ung 32K to follow in 2 months...tell me if somebody can beat the price..its a 1994 XL pala..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Toyota versus Nissan (which is which?)