New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Guys help me i need to decide tomorrow... I want to know which is the better car for a newbie (i just had my student license) like me ...I have a tight budget po and the reason why i can stretch it a little bit kasi i was approved for a car loan on a second hand car and my 100 thou can be stretch and can have it doubled.

I earn just enough and i need to drive once a week to laguna (about 100KM from our place pag expressway and maybe 80KM pag sa antipolo ang daan)...i live in pasig area which is, i can say, a traffic prone area.

Im planning to buy my first car and my choices are the following:
    1. 1994 1.3L Toyota Corolla XL (powerless, fully loaded, makinis, semi sound set- up) ....it costs 132K after all the tawad that i have made with the owner.

2. 1996 1.6L Nissan Sentra SS Series 3 (matic, all power) lady driven

3. (not yet final) 2000 1.4 Nissan Sentra FE (mags,power steering) price-250K
    --havent seen the interiors yet kasi gabi ako dumating sa place nung may ari eh(kapitbahay namin), pero sabi nung may ari sa cellphone all the power amenities of the car is found in that car (ill check on that pa po), by the way nabasa ko na ang FE eh base model car..meron kayang limited edition un?

Now, i wanna know guys, if what car will i choose in terms of value for money, fuel consumption, looks (aesthetics), parts availability and other u may want to tell me.

Im just concerned with the 1.6L na kotse kasi nga malakas ang consumption ng matic na 1.6 di ba? imagine 7-8KM/L, that means pag nasa edsa ako 150 plus na mauubos ko s buong stretch nya..or i was just to afraid lang? will my earnings be enough ( i earn around 25 thousand a month) to maintain and drive a 1.6L?? Thanks guys, i appreciate ur quick response to my querries..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    price pala ng nissan series 3 is 155 thousand

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parts, nothing beats a AE101 Corolla, nothing...

But based on the list you gave, I'll get the ECCS... But if fuel economy is your concern, the FE is a compromise between the two... The XL Corolla is just too damn slow and no power steering is a b1tch... (BTW, it's not "fully loaded" if there's no power accesories at all).

To point though, since you'll be using the car on highway, AT and MT cars don't make that much of a difference.

But if budget is tight, stick to MT, mahal magpagawa ng AT kung nasira...

Oh, why would you drive 150+ on EDSA?

1.6 cars are pretty much the norm in this country... Best compromise between daily traffic and highway cruising in our country...

The FE seems to be the best choice on paper... Late model, easy to maintain, economical and power basics.

Of course, as I always say, with 2nd hands, you can't choose by models, you have to choose by condition.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh, medyo pwede pang tawaran ang 250K, mataas yan medyo for an FE...

If kaya mo 250K, why not get a 96 AE101 GLi MT? It's matipid, all power, parts are everywhere. Mga 220K lang usually ang GLi

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I mean ill spend around 150 pesos sa stretch ng EDSA kung gagamit ako ng 1.6L..it isnt pratical to spend that much di ba? How much do u spend ba, 1.6L ba tsikot mo? Mas malakas naman mag consume ang mga REVO at Crosswind at HI-LUX compared sa 1.6L di ba?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You're not going to spend that much hehe... I drive a 2 liter AT and 150 will last me more than round trip Pasig to Makati.

Revo is a gaz guzzler (gas variant).

Fuel savings is based on how you drive, you can use as much fuel on a 1.3 liter car compared to a 2.0 depending on how the car's condition is and how you drive your car.

Don't base km/li on engine alone... Most modern 3.0 cars are more efficient than older 1.6 cars...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    so u think i can manage a 1.6L car with my meager salary considering i need to drive once a week to Laguna?? Pag nainis ako bibili ako ng 3.0 mas matipid pala ehehe

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    sakit na ng ulo ko kakaisip kung ano ang gusto ko eh..help me guys pls..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess you have to figure these things out first...

1) How much is your monthly budget for the car? (Fuel, toll, misc expenses, parking etc)

2) Ano ba byahe mo araw araw (if you're using the car dialy), how far, what's your route and what time do you travel?

No one can tell you kung kaya mo to maintain a car (regardless of engine size) or not hehe.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ok i have at least 10 thousand left everymonth after all the taxes and food and allowances, im single pa eh..eheheh..pag mabibili ko ung car would it be enough?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Toyota versus Nissan (which is which?)