New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    My brother is planning to buy a new ride to replace his Civic '01... my sister-in-law wants a fortuner while my bro likes the tucson. Any advices? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sa pormahan walang sinabi yung Tucson at saka mura naman talaga sya compare to Fortuner 7 seater and Tucson 5 seater. parehong Gas ba ?Resale Value and durability Toyota , But budget wise at least SUV TUCSON Front wheel configuration

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    if like nya big SUV mganda fortuner somewhat onti nalang parang nakaexpidition ka na... japan brand pa

kung tucson ksi diba korea made un? it will depend on her need

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by darksword_08 View Post
    if like nya big SUV mganda fortuner somewhat onti nalang parang nakaexpidition ka na... japan brand pa

kung tucson ksi diba korea made un? it will depend on her need
    Iba pag Japan! Compare a 10 year old Hi-lux to a 10 year old Korean made, same kilometer reading. Mas mahal pa ang parts of Korean made vehicles kaysa Toyota.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Pero di naman made-in-Japan ang Fortuner... made-in-Thailand yun...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Ang lakas mang asar!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    Ang lakas mang asar!
    Hahaha... just trying to keep things in perspective.

While, yes, they do follow Toyota quality standards, the interior materials and build of the Fortuner is a far cry from the CBU RAV4. All you have to do is drive both back to back to see for yourself, eh. From that viewpoint, I don't expect the interior to be any more durable than that of the Tucson.

-------

The RAV4 is a great car... drives very well, very luxurious... but it's also expensive. The CR-V, IMHO, is the best value for money Compact SUV out there... some people complain the rear bench is a little flat and slippery, but the CR-V's combination of ride, handling, power and fuel economy make it one of the most practical gasoline powered vehicles on the market.

If you want the most metal for the money... 900k nalang ang Ford Escape. Very comfortable... not the most fuel efficient, but not as bad as some people say.

--------

The Carnival looks great, seats a lot of people... I'm just wary of the fuel consumption of that hulking big 2.9 liter engine. If you're not always carrying six to eight people, it might not be for you.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ha ha ha ha.... ayos niky ang pasok mo

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Carnival since kasama na rin sya list di ba? Mas smoother ride at spacious pa.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    At least yung Tucson ay Made In Korea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Toyota Fortuner VVTi or Hyundai Tucson....