Jul 2004

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    3rd Gen...

I wonder if we'll see this locally

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    Will be nice if it returns fixed and reliable. Territory is too large, more a replacement for the Escape.
    EcoSport was basically Jimny sized but built for the street instead of the rough stuff.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Will be nice if it returns fixed and reliable. Territory is too large, more a replacement for the Escape.
    EcoSport was basically Jimny sized but built for the street instead of the rough stuff.
    Ito tsaka iyong Kia Sonet.

The Kia Sonet might (finally) be coming here

~4 meter length max ideal na city car.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Will be nice if it returns fixed and reliable.
    Ha? Diba ok na yung facelifted model dati? Pinalitan na nila yung DCT ng torque converter noon. What else was needed to be fixed, aside from its TOTL 1.0L ecoboost?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Ha? Diba ok na yung facelifted model dati? Pinalitan na nila yung DCT ng torque converter noon. What else was needed to be fixed, aside from its TOTL 1.0L ecoboost?

the facelift also had a non-turbo the "dragon" 1.5. not as infamous as the ecoboost 1.0 but almost as bad same belt-in-oil. people post about those wet belt failures on the fb groups all the time...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    i wouldn't call the ecosport as jimny sized hehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    the facelift also had a non-turbo the "dragon" 1.5. not as infamous as the ecoboost 1.0 but almost as bad same belt-in-oil. people post about those wet belt failures on the fb groups all the time...
    An updated 1.0 EcoBoost was introduced with a timing chain in late 2019, I guess these were for MY2020+ models in Europe.
    Models with the 1.0 EB were being phased out in other regional plants, so I don't think the updates made it to other parts of the world.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Ito tsaka iyong Kia Sonet.

The Kia Sonet might (finally) be coming here

~4 meter length max ideal na city car.
    Sonet is roughly the same size as the EcoSport, except its spare tire is inside (I think it has a higher cargo floor/higher lift over height).

Like the EcoSport, models outside of India have a few extra inches of length mostly from the larger rear bumper.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    An updated 1.0 EcoBoost was introduced with a timing chain in late 2019, I guess these were for MY2020+ models in Europe.
    Models with the 1.0 EB were being phased out in other regional plants, so I don't think the updates made it to other parts of the world.
    The oil pump is still belt-in-oil driven in the timing chain 1.0Ts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast